snfc/snrpc

we aint going in no oven :X :o :o :o

Dont go in the oven, go in transport that is in the best interest of the pigeon. If it means using a state of the art trailer, then so be it. It will be in the best interests of the sport if we start to build again, instead of dismantling it.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a few thoughts.......

1. there are not enough fanciers or pigeons to support 2 national clubs in scotland.

2. the prestige of winning a national has been devalued by having 2 clubs. 3. snrpc members keep harping on about snfc membership being restricted to shu members yet to join the nfc you must be a rpra member. 4. if the infamous vote had gone the other way those who lost the vote would not have run off and formed another club. why not rejoin the snfc and try again

5. there are enough reasonably minded members in both clubs to get round the table and sort the differences out. its time for those who cant see the wood for the trees (in both nationals) to stand aside

The best statement this season!!!!

a few thoughts.......

1. there are not enough fanciers or pigeons to support 2 national clubs in scotland.

2. the prestige of winning a national has been devalued by having 2 clubs. 3. snrpc members keep harping on about snfc membership being restricted to shu members yet to join the nfc you must be a rpra member. 4. if the infamous vote had gone the other way those who lost the vote would not have run off and formed another club. why not rejoin the snfc and try again

5. there are enough reasonably minded members in both clubs to get round the table and sort the differences out. its time for those who cant see the wood for the trees (in both nationals) to stand aside

The best statement this season!!!!

i would say agree the same race point  for 09 how you get there is  for  a another day surly  that cant be hard can it :-/ :-/ :-/ then you'll all have bragging rights  mine is better than yours and mine flew further great  stuff :) we got a medal

but we got money, so there you go, have side bets :)

after putting up  the original post its quite refreshing to see so many good and some not so good points,again i have tried to look at national racing into scotland with an impartial view and feel now is the time to move forward,if we have 2 national clubs in scotland fine,but lets not have 13 races which we certainly do not have the birds for, if sharing is a possability lets do it, theirs no way any organisation can go to france with 380 birds,173 birds,450 birds or belgium with 280 birds,these birdages have been taken from both nationals this year and must surely have run at a loss. as quoted earlier 14000 birds have flown in national competition in 2008 over 9000 of these birds competing in inland nationals,time for us all to get round the table and get this sorted. :-/ :-/ :-/

lets face it,its there for all to see,over 9000 pigeons go to 3 inland races,less than 5000 go to 9 channel races does that not tell people that more members want inland races than channel.

and frankdooman,while having respect for you opinion on what makes a national i cant beileve that you come out with a statement like a national not a national unless its over the water,what about the welsh boys who go to thurso and perth and other inland points?

no wader the games dying on its feet with antiquarian veiws like that.

so we are not entilted to our oppinion any more iam not saying dont have inland races at that distance but leave them to the combines etc and as for thurso is that not over water and perth would fall into the same catagory as our inland nat i dont know who rebel is refering to but lots of fancireswho actualy do the hard jobs for our nat clubs are very good distance flyers with some outstanding results

I am like 95% of the fanciers in Scotland, pig sick of politics all the time.

Lets just race our doos in harmony

got to agree chris but we must start change somewhere,i have competed in national racing since 1977 along with my dad and at 41 years old i am just wanting to insure we have national racing for the forseeable future, i think each national race and convoy should at least wipe its face and amalgamation must go some way to insuring this, heres hoping!! :-/ :-/ :-/ :)

so we are not entilted to our oppinion any more iam not saying dont have inland races at that distance but leave them to the combines etc and as for thurso is that not over water and perth would fall into the same catagory as our inland nat i dont know who rebel is refering to but lots of fancireswho actualy do the hard jobs for our nat clubs are very good distance flyers with some outstanding results

which water do the birds cross flying from thurso. the forth???

Guest Gareth Rankin

got to agree chris but we must start change somewhere,i have competed in national racing since 1977 along with my dad and at 41 years old i am just wanting to insure we have national racing for the forseeable future, i think each national race and convoy should at least wipe its face and amalgamation must go some way to insuring this, heres hoping!! :-/ :-/ :-/ :)

41 by god you have had a hard life :P :P :P :P yes would have to agree with you wether it be amalgamation, joint convoying or democratic decisions made at AGM's the same democratic decisions that has protected the SNFC and many organisations for many decades, but something has to change for the benefit of the sport in Scotland because the costs and the low birdage is killing everyone.

41 by god you have had a hard life :P :P :P :P yes would have to agree with you wether it be amalgamation, joint convoying or democratic decisions made at AGM's the same democratic decisions that has protected the SNFC and many organisations for many decades, but something has to change for the benefit of the sport in Scotland because the costs and the low birdage is killing everyone.

yes gareth a hard life indeed at least i dont dye my hair unlike some :P :P got to say spot on regarding costs birdage joint convoying etc, we can talk all day about getting or having  state of the art transporters but we must have the birdage to make it cost effective and more to the point something worth winning. :) :)what about next year snfc/snrpc joint convoy 600+miles 1st w/end july  2009,theres a start. :) :) :)

lets face it,its there for all to see,over 9000 pigeons go to 3 inland races,less than 5000 go to 9 channel races does that not tell people that more members want inland races than channel.

and frankdooman,while having respect for you opinion on what makes a national i cant beileve that you come out with a statement like a national not a national unless its over the water,what about the welsh boys who go to thurso and perth and other inland points?

no wader the games dying on its feet with antiquarian veiws like that.

Atlantic,

The above quote is not entirely true though is it. The number of birds is not necessarily the indicator of where a fancier's interest lies. For example I consider myself to be predominately a distance minded fancier and in the SNFC this year I sent a total of 16 pigeons to the 2 inland nationals and a total of 5 pigeons to the 3 channel races. Using your logic you would suggest that I clearly want more inland nationals but you couldn't be more wrong. In fact, I would be quite happy to see the inland nationals return to feds and amalgamations and a 4th channel race to be staged in it's traditional slot a fortnight before the gold cup. The fact that more pigeons go to inland nationals is only an indication of where they lie in the program and the fact that more pigeons are deemed capable of flying them. I'm sure all the top distance men in Scotland all supported the inland nationals, sending their yearlings or sending birds in preparation for the channel races but it deosn't mean they don't want channel races.

In an earlier post you also referred to us living in a "throw-away" society where people want instant gratification and don't have the patience or the time for long distance races. I agree with you, that is the way society is but it doesn't mean it's good or something the pigeon sport should embrace. Society is heading in the wrong direction and we don't need to follow suit. Surely pigeon racing doesn't want to be dumbed down and cheapened to keep in step with society ? Long distance racing is difficult, hence the extreme satisfaction that Chris Little referred to in winning one. It may be expensive and it may be economically difficult to sustain but it should be protected as far as possible, not given up on. If I want to fly sprint races I have the option of 10 races in my club and fed, I don't need the national to  supply additional opportunities. I do need the national to make channel racing economically viable by bringing together all the distance minded fanciers to build a convoy. If it's still not breaking even then joint convoys should be explored and increase in entry fees should be added as necessary, not just boot it into touch and say well thats too difficult these days, lets all fly a nice cosy 300 miles instead.

I,m sensing here that we would like to see common sense prevail, and have joint convoying. It still alows us to be a member of the national of our choice. If it was to get of the ground, i,m sure we would all feel secure in the fact that we are doing something to protect the sport. Its the same here in Fife, where we have 2 federations, 2 federations cannot survive from seperate convoying. I dont want to hear why it happened, as i,m learning to live with the situation. Again if our 2 feds were to share the convoying its going a long way to keeping the sport alive, and at least have a future. Let common sense prevail.. Please...

I've said for years that the inland racing into Scotland should be left to the federations to sort out themselves either with joint convoying or whatever it takes to be financially viable and leave the nationals to get on with sorting channel racing out, where they know what size of transporter and roughly how many birds will be going and maybe with a little come and go on both sides the 2 national clubs in Scotland could convoy together, also keeping their own identity for the hard liners sake...

Here here Andy. Fife federation did double up with the national to save on cost. we went to Newbury, Eastbourne and Falaise, we as a fed couldnt aford it to go alone. Some of our members dont agree with it as when your with the national you are getting dragged all over scotland. But by fed the birds are all coming to the same area, hence doubling up with The Kingdom Federation Of Racing Pigeons, would benefit Fife.

all east coast feds from the borders up to peterhead all go for one inland national

the west do the same

then have one big inland national where everybody in Scotland goes

the federations will not race across the channel but the nationals would

then i woke up and thought what a good dream available soon when the diehards die ;)

Some great replys being posted with postive ideas and not a wiff of politics , that's how it should be.

Rightly or wrongly I am of the thought that national races should be flown from over the channel (with the exception of the young birds), perhaps consideration to be given to the race programmes with regards to trying to cram all the channel races in a short period. Just a thought.....

hi midnight_son,

just noticed your post,and a very well thought out one at that.

i would just like to say that you are due your opinion just the same as everyone else,and thats what it is,an opinion,so therefore no matter how wrong i think your opinion is i can never say its not true.

i said that 9000 pigeons whent to 3 inland races while 5000 whent to 9 channel races,and whether you like it or not,it dosent matter who sent them they still went,and by your answer you are also saying that the inland national is needed by the guys who send over the channel,apparently to get there birds ready for the water.

you also state that its a FACT that more pigeons are deamed capable of flying inland ,well i for one would like to thank you for that fact,as i did think that way but now you have confirmed it as fact,would you not say then that if there are more pigeons capable of inland racing it goes without say that there are more fanciers with these type of birds,and therefore there should be more races to involve more pigeons and more importantly more fanciers.

and lastly if you had read my posts you would have to be fair and say that i am not against channel racing,as the race program that i said has more channel races than inland.,