snfc

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the AGM when a member asked what the legal expenses shown in the 2007/8 balance sheet were for : The President replied that it was for legal advice for the SNFC in the matter being brought up (repeatedly) on here.

Litigation was also mentioned and so the warning of litigation came from SNFC's own lawyers, not the member concerned. He wasn't fit to pursue that avenue, remember he ended up in hospital the day of the race as a direct result of being told of the accusation. (An accused person has a right to know what he is being accused of - its the law, Natural Justice).

What do we pay lawyers for if we don't listen to them and take their advice? Having openly accused a member of cheating - without any proof - the club was put at risk. In my opinion in these circumstances the fair option would have been for the whole convoy to be re-rubbered. To do so for only one member is also victimisation - and that was also an opinion mentioned at the same AGM.

IB, ARE YOU THE FULL SHILLING? You obviously know nothing about whats going on in the pigeon world.Three ex SNFC committee members on this site, are piggin telling you what happened. How dare you question our integrity. Victimisation ? Read the posts and you will see everything was done to protect the SNFC and its members. You keep stating the word CHEAT,  looks like you know something we dont ? Grow up little man and stop making a fool of yourself

only takes one person to cheat

now if i cheated i would not let anyone near my loft, but if i did not cheat the would be more than welcome to re-rubber all the birds come around my loft and check out my birds just so i could clear my name

by not allowing this to happen he left himself open to accusations and let the reputation of the snfc be ruined

if it is proven that someone cheated surely the snfc would sue for there members money back

and all the people who bought birds from the alleged cheater would also have a claim as well

Their is undeniable evidence against the man in question. The North West fed and the SHU are not allowing this evidence to be seen or heard, denying meetings etc. When the evidence eventually comes out,( and it will because lawyers will be involved ) then everyone who condoned this man has to walk away from this sport, in shame. Even the ones that know I am right and dont come out and say anything, they are just as bad, because it is like watching someone stealing out your own shop and not saying nothing about it

Guest redwhiteblue

IB, ARE YOU THE FULL SHILLING? You obviously know nothing about whats going on in the pigeon world.Three ex SNFC committee members on this site, are piggin telling you what happened. How dare you question our integrity. Victimisation ? Read the posts and you will see everything was done to protect the SNFC and its members. You keep stating the word CHEAT,  looks like you know something we dont ? Grow up little man and stop making a fool of yourself

You are spot on  the little rat doesn't realise what this man has done to the snfc and his own fed, I wouldn't put it past him if he does know something that we don't know and isn't letting on. p.s. that is me reported again!!!!!

Gareth thats enough for me then i totaly agree your pres. and any one else involved in the cover up should go aswell ian i know ive been down this road with you  regarding the shu thing and you allways give the benifit of the dout but again i think this situation is past this now and should be put to bed once and for all and the shu bieng the govering body should have helped the club deal with a tricky situation sooner instead of making it worse hate to say it but this was exactly the same idea that forced the split in scotland no openness and cover ups closed meetings 400 sigs.etc,etc

Excuse me IB.    You appear to have attended a different A.G.M.    Are you sure it was the S.N.F.C. A.G.M.?   The question was asked at the S.N.F.C. A.G.M. I attended, if Scott Gibson had intimated he was taking action against the S.N.F.C.   The President, Tom Davidson stated he had received a letter from Scott Gibson which appeared to state he may take action and when asked from the hall, "How long does he have till he can take action against the Scottish National  Flying Club"    Tom Davidson stated he had up to three years.   He then stated that Scott Gibson would not be standing for any positions in the Scottish National Flying Club Committee and amazingly, a few minutes later, the President, Tom Davidson himself proposed Scott Gibson for the Committee.   I.B., do you know why he did this?   As far as re-rubbering the birds are concerned, I am sure Gareth wanted the birds re-rubbered but it appears that the President, Tom Davidson went to Scott Gibson's house and asked him to withdraw his bird.   I know this for a fact as Scott told me himself.   He also told me he cut the seal off his clock.   I.B., as you appear to know so much, can you explain why the labels were cut off the baskets at one of the Scottish National Flying Club race points and appeared to be placed in an envelope marked for Scott?

only takes one person to cheat

now if i cheated i would not let anyone near my loft, but if i did not cheat the would be more than welcome to re-rubber all the birds come around my loft and check out my birds just so i could clear my name

by not allowing this to happen he left himself open to accusations and let the reputation of the snfc be ruined

if it is proven that someone cheated surely the snfc would sue for there members money back

and all the people who bought birds from the alleged cheater would also have a claim as well

Bart, I think we can agree that everyone is different, and behaves differently when faced with the same circumstances. I for one agree with your thinking, and although it is innocent until proven guilty in this country, I believe I would want to prove my innocence too.

But everyone has their final straw..

The first thing I notice is that you are quick to question the integrity of others who don't agree with you, and quicker still to yelp when your own or your little band's 'integrity' appears to be questioned not by me (yet) in this thread but by others in other threads.

How you can say that constantly decrying the SNFC and its committee at every opportunity on multiple threads on this Site accords with 'everything was done to protect the SNFC and its members' is quite frankly a sick joke. You and your band have done more damage to the SNFC and the fancy in Scotland than anyone in living memory. The pity is, you still appear to be the only ones that don't seem aware of that.

The first thing I notice is that you are quick to question the integrity of others who don't agree with you, and quicker still to yelp when your own or your little band's 'integrity' appears to be questioned not by me (yet) in this thread but by others in other threads.

How you can say that constantly decrying the SNFC and its committee at every opportunity on multiple threads on this Site accords with 'everything was done to protect the SNFC and its members' is quite frankly a sick joke. You and your band have done more damage to the SNFC and the fancy in Scotland than anyone in living memory. The pity is, you still appear to be the only ones that don't seem aware of that.

Please , anybody on this site that agrees with this statement then please speak up now. Myself and Gareth Rankin have raced pigeons for about 70 years between us, at a good level and in that time we have held office at every level of the sport, promoting it to the best of our ability. What have you done? NOTHING, NOTHING NOTHING.

delboy there is a lot or merit in what IB is saying, you and others seem to be on a crusade to "get your man" but how you have gone about it is nothing short of bullying and persecution. Integrity works both ways and is not the property of he who shouts loudest or makes the biggest noises. i am not saying what you refer to has not happened but there are procedures and guidelines which must be followed to obtain the correct outcome.

i can understand that you are annoyed and frustrated by the apparent lack of interest and non co-operation from the relevant officals and union but lets be honest did you really expect anything else.  the union has stumbled from one mismanaged situation to another for years and when people highlighted what was going on you and others looked the other way, its a funny old world ehh.  

Excuse me IB.    You appear to have attended a different A.G.M.    Are you sure it was the S.N.F.C. A.G.M.?   The question was asked at the S.N.F.C. A.G.M. I attended, if Scott Gibson had intimated he was taking action against the S.N.F.C.   The President, Tom Davidson stated he had received a letter from Scott Gibson which appeared to state he may take action and when asked from the hall, "How long does he have till he can take action against the Scottish National  Flying Club"    Tom Davidson stated he had up to three years.  

I replied to Frankdooman’s question on whether lawyers had been involved by SNFC. As you know the balance sheet legal expenses item was questioned from the floor. That was the President’s first brief mention that there could be litigation.

He then stated that Scott Gibson would not be standing for any positions in the Scottish National Flying Club Committee and amazingly, a few minutes later, the President, Tom Davidson himself proposed Scott Gibson for the Committee.   I.B., do you know why he did this?  

No.

As far as re-rubbering the birds are concerned, I am sure Gareth wanted the birds re-rubbered but it appears that the President, Tom Davidson went to Scott Gibson's house and asked him to withdraw his bird.   I know this for a fact as Scott told me himself.   He also told me he cut the seal off his clock.  

I have heard two different versions of what took place at Scott Gibson’s house, neither from him, and both versions completely different. In the seals-cutting one he is said to have done this after asking if the whole convoy was to be re-rubbered and on being told that only his bird was to be done, he cut the seals off his clock. That version came from an SNFC Official.

I.B., as you appear to know so much, can you explain why the labels were cut off the baskets at one of the Scottish National Flying Club race points and appeared to be placed in an envelope marked for Scott?

Start at the beginning. Last year, well after the event, I was told that the bird had not been re-rubbered because ‘they could not find the bird on the transporter’. Nothing else was added and I was distinctly influenced by the way it was put to me into thinking that the bird could not be found on transporter = the bird was not on the transporter. In a thread on here a year after that conversation, I was told by Gareth Rankin that the bird could not be found because they could not find the basket on the transporter = either a wrong basket number , or a basket had been removed. Wrong again. George Briggs posted Dundee Marking Station Labels had been removed, after the loaded baskets had left Dundee. Nobody said up until now where that had happened, and if it happened at the racepoint the explanation is perfectly simple and probably already well known. North West Fed supplied baskets to Aberdeen and Dundee Marking Stations amongst others. The empty baskets normally go back to the marking station shown on the basket label. The baskets were coming back to Laurieston and Stirling clubhouses, not Dundee, not Aberdeen - that’s why they were removed.