if a birds not right and doesn't recover itself its removed

good healthy birds with a strong natural immunity davy

a lot of older fanciers race this way

Guest chad3646

no deff not some fanciers only inject for parra as required by defra

if a birds not right and doesn't recover itself its removed

good healthy birds with a strong natural immunity davy

a lot of older fanciers race this way

with all the stuff that is getting pumped into them yes i would say it is essential

what ever happened to natural immunity ?????

Natural immunity can be short or long lived depending on outside

influences ie type of antigen,amount of antigen and the way it attacks the body,plus the way bodies immune system deals with the attack so Nat. Immunity varies from pigeon to pigeon.

influences ie type of antigen,amount of antigen and the way it attacks the body,plus the way bodies immune system deals with the attack so Nat. Immunity varies from pigeon to pigeon.

I dont think you need a medication programe!!! to me thats all wrong but you do need to be on top of everything to win and if theres a problem the quicker its sorted the better the results . Some folk couldnt see a problem in there birds if it slapped them in the puss

I dont think you need a medication programe!!! to me thats all wrong but you do need to be on top of everything to win and if theres a problem the quicker its sorted the better the results . Some folk couldnt see a problem in there birds if it slapped them in the puss

So Rob are you saying you should test every time. Before you treat?

I agree it does vary , yet its those that show no sign at all , when others may ,,,"those are the ones I want" :animatedpigeons:

So Rob are you saying you should test every time. Before you treat?

i have microscope and easy to check birds each week of racing season looking at cankers worms etc but also high cocci levels which normaly sujest somthing else not right so would then take it further if needed . But no why would you treat for somthing you dont have . Does the doc give you erythromycin incase you get chest infection even if you have nowt wrong . Chances are when sommit is wrong the meds wont work would be the same with birds

The idea that pigeons have to receive regular doses of medication only tells you one thing. The birds are badly managed. If they are housed in a well designed loft that was built with pigeons in mind and not for humans they will be at an advantage straight away. Then the pigeons have to be correctly fed and not stuffed with high protein food throughout the year in such a way that they become overweight just like pampered pets. Another huge step forward is when the pigeons are given access to direct sunshine and an abundance of fresh air. They also benefit from grit, clay blocks and minerals fed fresh every day rather than what is often left in the corner of the loft to become dirty with dust.

The only real threat to pigeon's health is paramixovirus which must be vaccinated for and worms which although not a big threat are always likely to be picked up from birds in the race panniers.

I would never dream of using antibiotics with my pigeons but I know there are plenty of people using them regularly. The only thing that you get from antibiotics is a serious yeast infection and a compromised immunity.

I think there are people out there who are so desperate to win pigeon races that they will dose their birds with anything if they think it might help. In reality pigeons need to achieve top condition and become very fit to win regularly and there is no way that can be achieved from a bottle or a packet.

Guest strapper

i use medications but only when needed ,if you are like some believe something can make a bird fly faster then your going down the wrong road..a pigeon cannot fly faster then its dna will allow it too.

medications over the years, have got a very bad name in racing, but a bullet needs a gun to fire it!

medications dont ruin pigeons fanciers do !

i have not had youngbird sickness for a few years,dont ask me why...id like to find out myself lol.

maybe its the way i talk to the birds lol..or could be the steps i take soon as the youngbirds are coming in and out of the loft.

1 tea spoon of bleach in water...not anymore than that! for just 1 day, at the start of the week, i want clear water on thursday and basketing day usually friday.

every clean out, i use a small garden sprayer with diluted bleach in it..every perch gets a light spray after scraped.

the floor gets the same.

i have a small cabinet of meds (only a selected few).some are renewed every year depending what the expiry date is...why take a chance on out of date meds , if you have a problem in the loft it needs treating as soon as possible..unless its in date you might as well be giving them water...if its no use to the birds then its no use to you.

im a strong believer in fresh garlic cloves in the water(not combined with bleach)

meds are not the answer to success in racing hard work is..meds are there to treat your birds not to make you win races.

I have tried the treatment thing when they get sick ,you might get them over it but as sure as anything they are the ones that get lost first even from tossin ,a built in abitlity to throw of infections is what i will aim for.I think the normal treatment for worms ,kancker, cocci is a must other than that no .

bang on rab and thats part of the problem they keep traning and racing them then we all get problems m8

i use medications but only when needed ,if you are like some believe something can make a bird fly faster then your going down the wrong road..a pigeon cannot fly faster then its dna will allow it too.

medications over the years, have got a very bad name in racing, but a bullet needs a gun to fire it!

medications dont ruin pigeons fanciers do !

i have not had youngbird sickness for a few years,dont ask me why...id like to find out myself lol.

maybe its the way i talk to the birds lol..or could be the steps i take soon as the youngbirds are coming in and out of the loft.

1 tea spoon of bleach in water...not anymore than that! for just 1 day, at the start of the week, i want clear water on thursday and basketing day usually friday.

every clean out, i use a small garden sprayer with diluted bleach in it..every perch gets a light spray after scraped.

the floor gets the same.

i have a small cabinet of meds (only a selected few).some are renewed every year depending what the expiry date is...why take a chance on out of date meds , if you have a problem in the loft it needs treating as soon as possible..unless its in date you might as well be giving them water...if its no use to the birds then its no use to you.

im a strong believer in fresh garlic cloves in the water(not combined with bleach)

meds are not the answer to success in racing hard work is..meds are there to treat your birds not to make you win races.

must agree with you there strapper nothing will make them faster but illness will deff make them slower m8

These people continue to race them then blame everyone but themselves for poor returns.