Snfc 2013

Biggest problem i can see looking at our club results since the start of the season no one has any 3 or 4yo pigeons, positions each week are taken by yearlings and 2yo ,its a nightmare trying to get a good doo to 3yo unharmed pure bloody luck actually until that scenario changes there ain,t going to be any good old days regardless of route ,Question asked tonight who from the club is going to enter the last fed race from portsmouth 1 member raised his hand nobody else has doos to send the one,s that do are trying to keep what they are fortunate to be left with to have at least a handful of 2yo.Sad Sad Times .

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a months time is the time to look back at this thread and ask what measures mooted were put in place and what ones would be worth tabling next season??

It confuses me why a lot want to drop Newbury and go to Eastbourne/Maidstone/Ypres ... oh, wait they are all on the eastern tip of the country aren't they? I take that back ;)

Don't think we'll have to worry too much about whether it's Newbury,Eastbourne or Maidstone next year. The first inland race is on it's a* se and the ref is counting to ten :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Guest chad3646

Don't think we'll have to worry too much about whether it's Newbury,Eastbourne or Maidstone next year. The first inland race is on it's a* se and the ref is counting to ten :emoticon-0136-giggle:

i think you are wrong there rooster, like a say far to many want the inland national because they just have not got the birds to do the right nationals jmo

time will tell, your no long enough in the game to have a sh..e

I'm long enough in the game to know if the fanciers who put their hand up at the AGM to drop the first inland race kept their birds in the loft last weekend or supported their own federations,the Newbury race last week would be lucky to wash it's feet. Scabs the lot of them :emoticon-0136-giggle:

As you say-time will tell.

My opinion has not and will not change on the matter. You'd be surprised at how many 'distance' birds would come out the wood work if Newbury and Maidstone were no more.

Rooster unlike Chad I wont denigrate your reply however you have to spread your wings a little to obtain information and the bigger picture. TIC.

I don't think I'd need to spread my wings too far to predict Newbury/the first SNFC inland race will be gone next year.

At the same time

If you don't put your ear to the ground, you won't hear the buffalo coming :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Well done on your Newbury result and good luck with the rest of your SNFC campaign :emoticon-0157-sun:

Guest chad3646

I don't think I'd need to spread my wings too far to predict Newbury/the first SNFC inland race will be gone next year.

At the same time

If you don't put your ear to the ground, you won't hear the buffalo coming :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Well done on your Newbury result and good luck with the rest of your SNFC campaign :emoticon-0157-sun:

rooster i have heard this debate for now on 30 years change this change that down the east down the west it makes no difference it is the same outcome

At the same time

It's not going far Rooster as I dropped 10 last week which I thought would have been a walk in the park for them. What I did observe at Newhouse and the Fife transporter was in my opinion that the transporter watering system which was located on both side of the baskets appeared to me to be too low for the birds to drink from. I may be wrong but don't think so with my experience of transporters.

Guest chad3646

It's not going far Rooster as I dropped 10 last week which I thought would have been a walk in the park for them. What I did observe at Newhouse and the Fife transporter was in my opinion that the transporter watering system which was located on both side of the baskets appeared to me to be too low for the birds to drink from. I may be wrong but don't think so with my experience of transporters.

that must be the best excuse i have ever heard to low for the birds, have you ever seen a pigeon stretching for water the pigeon can drink straight from the drinker without lifting its head it is the only bird that can do that

that must be the best excuse i have ever heard to low for the birds, have you ever seen a pigeon stretching for water the pigeon can drink straight from the drinker without lifting its head it is the only bird that can do that

Then I bow to your knowledge as you appear to be an expert on every topic. Perhaps if you would divulge who you are we could glean your expertise as an extremely experienced fancier that we can all look up to and admire !. However I do believe after reading your many posts and your stupid comments I am of the opinion that you are a nonenity who wishes to remain anonymous therefore hiding behind your stupid comments which helps no one and creates confusion.. Perhaps if I had observed that the aperture in the baskets was to high that the birds could not get down to the drinker would have deflected your acidic comment.

Guest chad3646

Then I bow to your knowledge as you appear to be an expert on every topic. Perhaps if you would divulge who you are we could glean your expertise as an extremely experienced fancier that we can all look up to and admire !. However I do believe after reading your many posts and your stupid comments I am of the opinion that you are a nonenity who wishes to remain anonymous therefore hiding behind your stupid comments which helps no one and creates confusion.. Perhaps if I had observed that the aperture in the baskets was to high that the birds could not get down to the drinker would have deflected your acidic comment.

i would,nt say i was an expert on every topic but to come away with that statement you put up.

but then again you could be right that is how we had all those losses all those transporters drinking systems were to high i think you are onto something peter pandy lol

I will assume that your last post was an apology and is accepted, I will conclude by informing you that baskets produced by Loxleys and Shepherd's are of different dimensions Likewise many years ago I purchased 2 race baskets from the Manchester Flying Club Federation and they were only 8 inches high to accommodate Widowhood cocks and to stop them fighting each other when in transit which is the reason I was dismayed the SNFC did not employ the Geraldy transporters from Lanarkshire with custom built crates for the watering system.

Guest chad3646

Guest chad3646

never done mine any harm 20 from 25 home with 7 pigeons on the result

walter if possible could you pm me what it said in the letter the greenfield got as i would like to read it, as big ALF is accusing me of writing it, thanks

We have forgotten that the tradition of the SNFC was initially for long distance racing.As said before, the inland races were brought in to try and generate more members , with a view of eventually upping the Gold cup birdage.This did not happen and in fact, the opposite has occurred.We now have inland races subsidising the other races and we are now frightened to get rid of them.Im still on the fence about the inland races????

Derek in the first line you hit the nail on the head, the SNFC has moved with the times - like horse racing and greyhound racing to name the other two parallels the fashion for championships at shorter distances and intermediate distances has become the fashion and most lofts have many less pigeons for 500 miles plus. Surely these fanciers are entitled to race for National honours and it's hard enough getting them from 300 miles never mind 600 ? I am neither in favour or out of in the debate, I like the programme the way it is, my dad hasn't sent to a channel national except Ypres for over 10 years but I think the inland nationals create as much excitement as any other and would go with the consensus in race programming in any case.

Do you think we should go back in time and have only channel racing? Which in the current climate would more or less exclude some of our furthest North and west fanciers form even competing?

Guest Hey Presto

d baldie&son st Andrews u look at my results in the fife fed and newbury snfc and tell me there is something wrong with our watering system that's all I am saying

That p.sh mate I take it you never saw a basket drinker before ?

It's they blue plastic things that fanciers have to clip on the drinker spaces on the rear of the hampers

Instead of waffling on here and stirring crap I'm sure the driver would o been very happy to give u a tour round the transporter

Its funny it always Lanarkshire members that are slating other transporters there noses are out off joint because the Scottish national knocked them back