Snfc 2013

With the 2012 SNFC programme behind us are there any changes you’d like to see going into 2013.

Race programme-Number of races?Type of races? Race points?

Sectioning? Lead to believe another proposal will be in at the AGM to have some of the current sections altered.

Costs? Any changes to birdages? Subscriptions? Pools? Prize money?

Anything else that could be improved or tweaked? Prizes? Awards? Rule a bit on the dated side? Transportation? Marking stations? Race control? Changes to how the members vote? Anything at all?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the 2012 SNFC programme behind us are there any changes you’d like to see going into 2013.

Race programme-Number of races?Type of races? Race points?

Sectioning? Lead to believe another proposal will be in at the AGM to have some of the current sections altered.

Costs? Any changes to birdages? Subscriptions? Pools? Prize money?

Anything else that could be improved or tweaked? Prizes? Awards? Rule a bit on the dated side? Transportation? Marking stations? Race control? Changes to how the members vote? Anything at all?

HEHE love this yearly question!!! :emoticon-0123-party:

Nae Newbury

Eastbourne perhaps

or if not

Clermont then riems then niort then falaise/clermont/ypres(tho would prefer clermont/falaise)

Yb nat from anywhere cos dont think i will go again as its pretty mince if ye live west or south!

No fussed about the sections as it will no affect the solway anyway!!!

Bigger marking station for the south cos its desperate if its a wet night!! but saying that gettin somebody to run it will be a diffo story???

1.Eastbourne, 2.Reims, 3&4.Tours & Ypres( same weekend ) 5.Maidstone yearling, 6.Clermont 7.yb nat Leicester

No section changes as although there are some members lying in favourable and unfavourable positions, changing things wouldnt help in long run.However,imo, the answer is a breaking point and fatigue factor formula, this would mean you dont need sections and you would pool against everyone.Think of the money you could win.

Central marking for the Gold cup race and Geraldy transporters used with max 16 birds per crate.

ps.The Tours race to be a midday liberation , all birds out.

HEHE love this yearly question!!! :emoticon-0123-party:

Nae Newbury

Eastbourne perhaps

or if not

Clermont then riems then niort then falaise/clermont/ypres(tho would prefer clermont/falaise)

Yb nat from anywhere cos dont think i will go again as its pretty mince if ye live west or south!

No fussed about the sections as it will no affect the solway anyway!!!

Bigger marking station for the south cos its desperate if its a wet night!! but saying that gettin somebody to run it will be a diffo story???

Do you mean Eastbourne/Clermont in place of Newbury or the week before Gold Cup Stevie?

How many weeks between yer gold cup,longest race and last channel race?

1.Eastbourne, 2.Reims, 3&4.Tours & Ypres( same weekend ) 5.Maidstone yearling, 6.Clermont 7.yb nat Leicester

No section changes as although there are some members lying in favourable and unfavourable positions, changing things wouldnt help in long run.However,imo, the answer is a breaking point and fatigue factor formula, this would mean you dont need sections and you would pool against everyone.Think of the money you could win.

Central marking for the Gold cup race and Geraldy transporters used with max 16 birds per crate.

Same to you Derek-when do you mean for the Eastbourne race to be?Are you going for status quo with the dates of the gold cup,longest race and last channel race but slipping the yearling Nat into the 2nd weekend of July?

Have any other organisations used this breaking point and fatigue factor formula before?What breaking point do you suggest or would it be a series of points up the country?How is the fatigue factor calculated?

Why would you prefer central marking? Would this perhaps have an impact on the birdage?

Eastbourne on weekend before Gold cup, status quo on dates and yearling nat 2nd week July. I dont know of anybody using the breaking point and fatigue formula at present BUT it is very evident how unfair pigeon racing is and im sure such a system could be implemented at National level to create a slightly more even playing field.It wouldnt be 100% fair and location would still demand success but it would be maybe 80% fairer and thats alot better than what we have now. John Houstan wrote about it in the BHW several years ago but nothing ever came of it, the reason being, nobody with an advantage wants fairness.

Del by central marking for gold cup would that be only one marking station for all and where would it be if it was :emoticon-0167-beer:

We had central marking at Bathgate for the Gold cup in 2001, the result was 7 region winners in top 10 open.Food for thought.The north and south section guys paid someone a fiver each to bring there doos down to the marking.It went very well and another big factor was that the security for the Gold cup was as tight as it could be.

Do you mean Eastbourne/Clermont in place of Newbury or the week before Gold Cup Stevie?

How many weeks between yer gold cup,longest race and last channel race?

Same to you Derek-when do you mean for the Eastbourne race to be?Are you going for status quo with the dates of the gold cup,longest race and last channel race but slipping the yearling Nat into the 2nd weekend of July?

Have any other organisations used this breaking point and fatigue factor formula before?What breaking point do you suggest or would it be a series of points up the country?How is the fatigue factor calculated?

Why would you prefer central marking? Would this perhaps have an impact on the birdage?

29th june Eastbourne

6 july Gold cup

13 july tours/niort

20 july Ypres

27 July Clermont/falaise

A few at the time of the Newbury/Cheltenham race thought a bit more flexibility regarding basketting nights/weather for planned day of liberation was an issue.

Should this perhaps be raised at the AGM?Two days leeway either side?

Definately Lewis, if the UNC can do it, so can we??

We had central marking at Bathgate for the Gold cup in 2001, the result was 7 region winners in top 10 open.Food for thought.The north and south section guys paid someone a fiver each to bring there doos down to the marking.It went very well and another big factor was that the security for the Gold cup was as tight as it could be.

do you not think that would cut the entries down del as lot of folk would have a lot of travelling even apart from north and south lads .

was that leige in 2001 :emoticon-0167-beer:

Definately Lewis, if the UNC can do it, so can we??

Its the same as most suggestions there are pros and cons.The INFC use it and despite some poor racing this year over the course since its introduction I'd say its been a success.

Over all I think its something that would be of benefit to the birds,but it relies totally on accurate weather reports and decisive people using them.

29th june Eastbourne

6 july Gold cup

13 july tours/niort

20 july Ypres

27 July Clermont/falaise

I agree with this programme Stephen but some will be struggling with moult at 27th July, but wouldnt bother mine personally.Also, this is the best month weather wise of the year.

do you not think that would cut the entries down del as lot of folk would have a lot of travelling even apart from north and south lads .

was that leige in 2001 :emoticon-0167-beer:

Everyone seemed to love it Bob, great atmosphere in the community centre at Bathgate.We were there from 12 noon for marking starting at 1pm.We finished at 11pm so folk travelling a few miles is fk all to the work the committee puts in m8.Security is paramount imo

ps.Liege and yb national central marking

I agree with this programme Stephen but some will be struggling with moult at 27th July, but wouldnt bother mine personally.Also, this is the best month weather wise of the year.

If ye know when the bird needs to be on its preferred cycle then it should be ok last week of july??

How many times have we had a free week or a 50 mile toss with ybs in glorious sunshine?

My biggest gripe is the first inland nat where I think a simple fed race from 200 miles or a combine race is well within the grasp of any fed?

The prob is cash and the income that would be lost??

My second biggest gripe is the constant bad press of the transportation? somebody needs to take charge and sort??

If ye know when the bird needs to be on its preferred cycle then it should be ok last week of july??

How many times have we had a free week or a 50 mile toss with ybs in glorious sunshine?

My biggest gripe is the first inland nat where I think a simple fed race from 200 miles or a combine race is well within the grasp of any fed?

The prob is cash and the income that would be lost??

My second biggest gripe is the constant bad press of the transportation? somebody needs to take charge and sort??

Exactly, my birds are on 2nd or 3rd flight end july

If you want central to the whole of scotland Perth would be fairly close (not counting north of inverness or you would have to go further up the A9). All in the interests of fairness of course

Bathgate was chosen because it was central to the amount of SNFC membership , not centre of Scotland.In FAIRNESS OF COURSE LOL