Your Bestever Doo How Doo You Feel When Its Gone

Guest Tooshy Boy

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHATS FEELLING WHEN YOU LOOSE THE BEST DOO IN THE LOFT LADS WON THAT HAS DONE IT ALL.YOUR PRIDE AND JOY .FROM 100.MILES TO 5.OR600 MILES :emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0157-sun::emoticon-0157-sun::emoticon-0157-sun::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0137-clapping::emoticon-0137-clapping::emoticon-0137-clapping:

Lost loads Tooshy and was always gutted

Dinny mind as much if they are lost frae the water as thats a tough old game but have lost them frae trainin and silly races!!!!!thats the worst for me!!!

Had the birds out this weekend, when I got them in my good Janssen cock was missing, he has flown well for me, later that day, I took the dog for a walk, only to spot the cock on the side of next doors roof. Although I called him for ages, he would not move, so eventually I had to give up. When I went out to close the lofts up, he was sitting on the landing board, as I approached, he did not move, and I was able to pick him up, only to notice one of his eyes was swollen and closed. I bathed this eye, and left him for the night, next morning the eye had opened slightly, but when I waved my hand by the eye, he did not move, he may be blind in this eyehttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/emoticon-0138-thinking.gif only time will tell. What do you think could have happened to him? there is no evidence of any other damagehttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif looks like his racing career could be overhttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/cry-blow.gif

Had the birds out this weekend, when I got them in my good Janssen cock was missing, he has flown well for me, later that day, I took the dog for a walk, only to spot the cock on the side of next doors roof. Although I called him for ages, he would not move, so eventually I had to give up. When I went out to close the lofts up, he was sitting on the landing board, as I approached, he did not move, and I was able to pick him up, only to notice one of his eyes was swollen and closed. I bathed this eye, and left him for the night, next morning the eye had opened slightly, but when I waved my hand by the eye, he did not move, he may be blind in this eyehttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/emoticon-0138-thinking.gif only time will tell. What do you think could have happened to him? there is no evidence of any other damagehttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif looks like his racing career could be overhttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/cry-blow.gif

could be a number of things , do you know any small children that have had conjuctivitus ?? your own or a neighbour ,see if theyve any drops left , put a drop in and wait (shouldnt matter if the product is out of date if kept closed and out of direct sunlight) .and make a note for the future ,have used this myself on my own and others birds , not failed yet .

My old grandfather had a blue pied cock done the channel 4 times very good pigeon he use to tell us what time it would be home from the 500miles and that we were not to move as it would be in the tickets and like clock work for 3 years it was home first thing in the morning d 545am and the race he last it only took a look in to his eyes at 6am to no that it wasn't coming back that was the most annoyed and upset I had ever seen him but that's the sport we are in he use to say you win some and loss more

Had the birds out this weekend, when I got them in my good Janssen cock was missing, he has flown well for me, later that day, I took the dog for a walk, only to spot the cock on the side of next doors roof. Although I called him for ages, he would not move, so eventually I had to give up. When I went out to close the lofts up, he was sitting on the landing board, as I approached, he did not move, and I was able to pick him up, only to notice one of his eyes was swollen and closed. I bathed this eye, and left him for the night, next morning the eye had opened slightly, but when I waved my hand by the eye, he did not move, he may be blind in this eye only time will tell. What do you think could have happened to him? there is no evidence of any other damage looks like his racing career could be over

If you can get hold of FUCITHALMIC viscous eye drops from a friendly Doctor as its prescription only or failing that OPTREX infected eye drops "chloramphenical" from any chemist will clear it jig time.

A friend of mine, Eddie McWilliams from Blairhall,Fife, had a chec hen that he sent 7 times

to France with the SNFC, all over 500 miles and it scored every time, best positions being 3rd Open and 23rd Open, both Gold Cup, winning a Gold award!It was killed by a sparrowhawk near his loft about 6 months ago.How do you get over that?

A friend of mine, Eddie McWilliams from Blairhall,Fife, had a chec hen that he sent 7 times

to France with the SNFC, all over 500 miles and it scored every time, best positions being 3rd Open and 23rd Open, both Gold Cup, winning a Gold award!It was killed by a sparrowhawk near his loft about 6 months ago.How do you get over that?

Eddie was down last summer picking up a bird and told me of that terrible end to a class doo .

most fanciers tend to push there best pigeons that wee bit too far but once there lost there is no point worrying about them the ones that made it home should be the ones getting all your thoughts and attention and the fact they made it home and your best or what you thought your best was never its not worth worrying about you soon find another one that becomes your best.

most fanciers tend to push there best pigeons that wee bit too far but once there lost there is no point worrying about them the ones that made it home should be the ones getting all your thoughts and attention and the fact they made it home and your best or what you thought your best was never its not worth worrying about you soon find another one that becomes your best.

How very true :emoticon-0138-thinking:

I always say we borrow them from nature so enjoy them while you can. Yes we all have had birds that were dear to us, I remember a blue bar hen who had twice topped the section for me and was home on the day from the Gold Cup when only a few birds in fife were timed. Prior to the race I had managed to convince the wife she was a certainty (how many times have we all thought that) so she was an all pooler, we had four kids and had just moved house so the money was very handy and the pigeons were in the good books as far as the wife was concerned. The following year the blue hen had won the club race and section two weeks prior to the Gold Cup so I was intending to send her again this was in my mind as I saw her alight on the landing bowl as I was on my way to work she looked a picture that morning……….that was the last time I saw her. I think it’s worse to loose them at home. I always had an open bowl in those days

However the only time I recall being brought to tears with a pigeon was a red yearling cock who was in 175 mile l race, I had timed in and stood in the front of the loft enjoying the sight of further arrivals when the yearling flew past me hitting the landing board then was somehow jammed in the sputnik, the sudden thud had startled me but I felt a lot worse when I picked him from the trap…..he had no legs …..He had been severely injured at some point in the race. It shows how courageous our feathered friends are.