Ayrshire Has Decided

Guest KING BILLY

Common sense should prevail ?? what happened to the common sense when we ditched the SNFC to go it alone as Ayrshire were not going west at that time

now hearing Lanarkshire might be getting transported by Ayrshire

oh it would be common sense approach to joint convoy. Can someone explain the difference between the SNFC taking our birds and Ayrshire taking them ?

totaly agree with you frank i hope all the ones that voted to go it alone just surport the fed

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WINGS 04

totaly agree with you frank i hope all the ones that voted to go it alone just surport the fed

Tam you can't have it both ways going west and going with the SNFC were are going west and that's it let's see what happens with the recing all the best :animatedpigeons: :animatedpigeons:

Common sense should prevail ?? what happened to the common sense when we ditched the SNFC to go it alone as Ayrshire were not going west at that time

oh it would be common sense approach to joint convoy. Can someone explain the difference between the SNFC taking our birds and Ayrshire taking them ?

There is no truth in that Frank, certainly not the information i have been given regarding transporting birds. I must also point out that there was Never a vote to go alone, as stated earlier the only vote was whether we convoyed with the SNFC for our Coast race and Channel race which as you know was defeated.

It would be negligent of the members to vote to Go Alone for the entire season, convoying other organisations birds with Us convoying makes financial sense for Lanarkshire Fed, in the current financial climate you know well every pound is a prisoner and every pound saved must be advantageous to us in the short and long term. ATB Mate.

I might not normally agree with this Frank but in this instance you are correct, i voted to go east and convoy to the coast and the Feds channel race with the SNFC and got beat on both counts, all you got from the mob was " we are Lanarkshire and we can go ALONE " so let them go alone, it will be interesting to see how many they have got left to go alone with to the coast and channel races after having flown west for a season.

There is no truth in that Frank, certainly not the information i have been given regarding transporting birds. I must also point out that there was Never a vote to go alone, as stated earlier the only vote was whether we convoyed with the SNFC for our Coast race and Channel race which as you know was defeated.

It would be negligent of the members to vote to Go Alone for the entire season, convoying other organisations birds with Us convoying makes financial sense for Lanarkshire Fed, in the current financial climate you know well every pound is a prisoner and every pound saved must be advantageous to us in the short and long term. ATB Mate.

Thank for trying clearing that point up on Ayrshire taking our birds. John glad to see your thoughts on every pound is a prisoner and must be saved, there was no mention of the cost's of transportation at the time of the vote.

and if you have a look at the minutes you will find.Go Alone or duplicate with the snfc was what we voted on !

good luck to everyone in 2012

Thank for trying clearing that point up on Ayrshire taking our birds. John glad to see your thoughts on every pound is a prisoner and must be saved, there was no mention of the cost's of transportation at the time of the vote.

and if you have a look at the minutes you will find.Go Alone or duplicate with the snfc was what we voted on !

good luck to everyone in 2012

That only referred to the 2 races with the SNFC Frank, there was no mention of transporting with any other organisation at the meeting, i certainly can't remember it, so no vote was taken regarding other organisations being taken with us.

We can afford to go alone there is no doubt about that, probably could go alone year on year with the bank balance we have but i can't see a situation arising where the members would vote for this. As shocked as i am with the outcome of some votes i canny see them voting the money away when it is possible to reduce our costs by accommodating other Feds to the longer races.

That only referred to the 2 races with the SNFC Frank, there was no mention of transporting with any other organisation at the meeting, i certainly can't remember it, so no vote was taken regarding other organisations being taken with us.

We can afford to go alone there is no doubt about that, probably could go alone year on year with the bank balance we have but i can't see a situation arising where the members would vote for this. As shocked as i am with the outcome of some votes i canny see them voting the money away when it is possible to reduce our costs by accommodating other Feds to the longer races.

John

At the time of the vote only one other federation was racing that route which was midland fed.

so Lanarkshire decided at that meeting to go west route and opt out of duplication with the snfc by making that choice there was no guarantee any other fed's would change route to go west. So by doing so they were willing to meet the costs of going to the coast and over into the channel the following week. (voting the money away)

To the best of your knowledge Ayrshire will not be transporting Lanarkshire birds. Will Lanarkshire be transporting Ayrshire birds in the Lanarkshire's trailer?

John

At the time of the vote only one other federation was racing that route which was midland fed.

so Lanarkshire decided at that meeting to go west route and opt out of duplication with the snfc by making that choice there was no guarantee any other fed's would change route to go west. So by doing so they were willing to meet the costs of going to the coast and over into the channel the following week.

To the best of your knowledge Ayrshire will not be transporting Lanarkshire birds. Will Lanarkshire be transporting Ayrshire birds in the Lanarkshire's trailer?

No one has asked to be transported with us, YET!

Guest KING BILLY

i for one will be pouting in an objection in if lanarkshire take the ayrshire fed down the road dont whant the doos getting draged down the wrong side of the m74 heding down The stranra road then over to Irland not to be seen again when whe get them strong east winds in the first 5 races

i for one will be pouting in an objection in if lanarkshire take the ayrshire fed down the road dont whant the doos getting draged down the wrong side of the m74 heding down The stranra road then over to Irland not to be seen again when whe get them strong east winds in the first 5 races

COME ONTO TAE FK TAM YOU VOTED TAE GO WEST AND NOW YE ARE GREETING BECAUSE A FED TO THE WEST OF MIGHT WANT TO GO TO THE LAST 3 RACES WITH US :emoticon-0138-thinking: :emoticon-0138-thinking: :emoticon-0138-thinking: :emoticon-0138-thinking:

Guest KING BILLY

COME ONTO TAE FK TAM YOU VOTED TAE GO WEST AND NOW YE ARE GREETING BECAUSE A FED TO THE WEST OF MIGHT WANT TO GO TO THE LAST 3 RACES WITH US :emoticon-0138-thinking: :emoticon-0138-thinking: :emoticon-0138-thinking: :emoticon-0138-thinking:

aslong as it is only the last 3 races dont whant to get of to a bad start am determend to make this work dont need anyone

aslong as it is only the last 3 races dont whant to get of to a bad start am determend to make this work dont need anyone

As far as I am aware mate it was only the last three races that were mentioned at our AGM

We have perfectly a perfectly good transporter and now with the increased birdage and membership from the 9 Ballochmyle clubs that have joined the fed , it should be viable for us on our own down to there too.Our problem might be with the increased birdage, the early races

the transporter only holds around 3500/3600 birds. but I am confident our fed officials will overcome this.

Guest KING BILLY

Think it makes sense for all those going down that route to combine for the longest three races.

yes mate dfo makes sense whe could even get a combined race out it if whe ask the midlend fed 2 but make no mistake it would be suaside if the lanarkshire and the ayrshire where to lib together at 130ml in a strong east wind the doos would end up in ireland before thay new it asept the ones that couldent go by its hapend before

if lanarkshire birds are dragged into ayrshire, no matter wat distance ,the origin of these birds would need to be questioned ,ybirds get raced so that we try to sort out the wheat from the chaff,old birds should never be tolerated if they dont make the mark they are better flying off to ireland !! ;)

the difference will be massive ,if it wer to go with ayrshire you would be liberated with aprox 100 odd bird as average last few years from the last old bird race,and 10% of the original convoy of y birds at early racing trust me this is generous.such is the hard route these bird endure ,snfc convoying of ayrshire birds has been the most uplifting shot in the arm our fed has had ,for a very long time,sadly the majority vote takes precidence over the small minority of great fanciers in our fed that command brilliant performances in our undisputated ,tough fed route ,snfc numbers matter there cover on race days are benefical to our small no great national birds that can perform at this level,least we forget the great fanciers behind them! :mellow:

there seems to be different views on every corner,the truth will always be the only answer ,every loft must be proud of there good birds ,easily defined by there results we have all got the common bug of keeping our little feather freinds often overlooked by our selfish ways,every decent fancier strives to master our art some luckier than others we have all obligated to respect each other no matter wat road we take breeding champions can be an art or luck ,thats all we need good birds not money facts or lies ,without people veiws we are empty,keep it coming ,we all must talk! :huh:

if lanarkshire birds are dragged into ayrshire, no matter wat distance ,the origin of these birds would need to be questioned ,ybirds get raced so that we try to sort out the wheat from the chaff,old birds should never be tolerated if they dont make the mark they are better flying off to ireland !! ;)

some good points here Rikki anda few home truths!!!!!!!!!!!! King Billy if you are to get birds at the national this will be a wee prelim test. :animatedpigeons:

Guest KING BILLY

tam if your convoy cant pull the ayrshire birds theyre nae good and with the prevailing west wind that would make it even harder for them to do it jmo

if you read wot i said about east winds then you would not look as stuped lol