West Coast Combine Dorchester 1984

A WEE BIT OF NOSTALGIA FROM THE COMBINE OF THE 80S.

954 BIRDS LIBERATED AT 6.30 AM NW WIND DORCHESTER

1ST H ALLISON KIRKCONNEL 1075

2ND HAMILTON BROS KIRKCONNEL 1071

3RD H ALLISON KIRKCONNEL 1053

4TH C CONNELLY NEW CUMNOCK 1048

5TH J&J HOOD MILTON OF CAMPSIE 1047

6TH ANDERSON & BROWN KIRKINTILLOCH 1035

7TH W GIBSON AUCHINLECK 1034

8TH T & D TURNER NEW CUMNOCK 1021

9TH A ROBERTS CLYDEBANK 1000

10TH S ROBERTSON NEW CUMNOCK 998

11TH R KERR LOCHWINNOCH 990

12TH FOWLER & KING KIRKCONNEL 989

13TH FOWLER & KING KIRKCONNEL 988

14TH H HOLLAND & SON KIRKINTILLOCH 978

15TH R MACALONEY CHRYSTON 977

16TH J NEIL CUMNOCK 976

17TH J & J HOOD MILTON OF CAMPSIE 976

18TH W MCMILLAN DARVEL 975

19TH J & I BARR DAlRY 970

20TH W HALL E/KILBRIDE 969

21ST W MORRISON E/KILBRIDE 968

22ND R A ANDERSON KIRKINTILLOCH 966

23RD J & J HOOD MILTON OF CAMPSIE 965

24TH STITT MALLOY &SON KIRKCONNEL 964

25TH H HOLLAND & SON KIRKINTILLOCH 963.

TOP 25 FOR 1984,WAS THROWING OUT SOME OLD DOO BOOKS AND THOUGHT THIS WEE BIT OF HISTORY MIGHT BE OF SOME INTEREST,NB THE WEEK AFTER THIS RACE SAW A FANTASTIC RENNES RACE WON BY THE LEGEND EDDIE NEWCOMBE MACMERRY,JIM HANNAH WAS 1ST WEST SECTION 4TH OPEN AND HAD A FANTASTIC RACE WITH 4 BIRDS IN THE TOP 65 OPEN,GREAT MEMORIES. :) :) :)

Dumfries & Galloway flyin the flag again :emoticon-0127-lipssealed: :emoticon-0127-lipssealed: :emoticon-0127-lipssealed: :emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

Good stuff John

great memories dal,the west coast combine was massive in these days with sartilly entries over 3000 doos,and yes heb allison fowler & king etc from doon the coast great names from the past. :) :) :)

R mcaloney of chryston is he related to george?

there are a few macs who flew the doos and are related to wee mac frank!!!! dont think bobby is though,bobby macaloney and his dad won the west section at the yb national on consecutive years in the 60s,bobby has a driving school and owns the wee paper shop in gartcosh he used to get a good yin at the rennes race aswell. :) :)

John ,I can remember going to pick a doo up from fowler and king that they had reported ,Drove there in the second car i ever owned (that was a long time ago) I am sure but stand to be corrected ,think they flew into a small mining village close to Kirkconnel ,can still picture there loft behind a small prefab house,also remember there warm welcome.

John ,I can remember going to pick a doo up from fowler and king that they had reported ,Drove there in the second car i ever owned (that was a long time ago) I am sure but stand to be corrected ,think they flew into a small mining village close to Kirkconnel ,can still picture there loft behind a small prefab house,also remember there warm welcome.

was the village maybe kelloholm mike? great combine and national flyers though. :) :)

My big pal Del won this wccombine race from france with a yearling, ive got birds the same bred.

"SONNYBORS"was a smashing cock eddie scoring well from the last two inland races prior to winning sartilly,dont have the combine result but have the federation open.

GLASGOW FEDERATION OPEN SARTILLY 1996

1ST D & L HAY KIRKINTILLOCH 960

2ND A ROSS KIRKINTILLOCH 950

3RD I ROSS KIRKINTILLOCH 767

4TH LACON & MCDERMID DUMBARTON 753

5TH WHITEFORD BROS KIRKINTILLOCH 741

6TH GRAY BROS KIRKINTILLOCH 728

7TH J & J HOOD MILTON OF CAMPSIE 724

8TH W KERR BISHOPBRIGGS 716

9TH I ROSS KIRKINTILLOCH 715

10TH D ARCHIBALD DUMBARTON 710

11TH FERGUSON & GRAY KIRKINTILLOCH 709

12TH J & J HOOD MILTON OF CAMPSIE 698

13TH J & J HOOD MILTON OF CAMPSIE 696

14TH W BILSLAND KIRKINTILLOCH 696

15TH J MCLAUGHLIN & SON KIRKINTILLOCH 690

16TH J T MUIR BISHOPBRIGGS 682

17TH J & J HOOD MILTON OF CAMPSIE 670

18TH G WILSON & SON CLYDEBANK 664

19TH J & J HOOD MILTON OF CAMPSIE 649

20TH A & A DEMPSEY CAMPSIE 644

THIS WAS A HARD RACE EDDIE ALTHOUGH THERE WERE ONLY A COUPLE OF DOOS ON THE SHIFT THERE WERE A FEW ABOUT IN THE MORNING.GREAT MEMORIES. :) :) :)

Thats it John ,Kelloholm ,Your grey matter is holding together better than mine :emoticon-0123-party:

only just mike,when you hear young lewis "rooster" firing off the great national fanciers and doos it gets you thinking,i always love talking about these fanciers and doos and this gives me a wee jag to push on for the year. :) :) :)

Read a wee bit about Anderson and Brown recently.

That red chequer cock they had was some tool.Well up from Dorchester and Sartilly wi the WCC on more than one occasion :emoticon-0137-clapping:

Is it one of this partnership that are related to Delboy??

no lewis Andy Anderson and Finlay brown were two good fanciers who joined together and concentrated totally on the nationals,Andy died some years ago and finlay no longer keeps the doos,delboys grandfather was another very good fancier called wull macrae. :partick-thistle-Crest: :partick-thistle-Crest:

no lewis Andy Anderson and Finlay brown were two good fanciers who joined together and concentrated totally on the nationals,Andy died some years ago and finlay no longer keeps the doos,delboys grandfather was another very good fancier called wull macrae. :partick-thistle-Crest: :partick-thistle-Crest:

Some smashing results.

They Hood lads fairly seemed to rattle them in wi the WCC as well :emoticon-0137-clapping::lol:

Read a wee bit about Anderson and Brown recently.

That red chequer cock they had was some tool.Well up from Dorchester and Sartilly wi the WCC on more than one occasion :emoticon-0137-clapping:

Is it one of this partnership that are related to Delboy??

AM CERTAIN I BOUGHT A YB OFF THAT RED COCK AT A SALE A GOOD FEW YEARS AGO NOW BUT CANNAE MIND WHAT HAPPENED TO IT :emoticon-0138-thinking: :emoticon-0138-thinking: :emoticon-0138-thinking:

AM CERTAIN I BOUGHT A YB OFF THAT RED COCK AT A SALE A GOOD FEW YEARS AGO NOW BUT CANNAE MIND WHAT HAPPENED TO IT :emoticon-0138-thinking: :emoticon-0138-thinking: :emoticon-0138-thinking:

It seemed to be a racin machine :emoticon-0137-clapping:

Never had much luck wi doos bought at sales here either.Bought a cracking red chequer hen at Toddler Browns clearance sale,she was a yearling so broke her to the loft.She was nabbed round the back of the hut before a baw was even kicked

A WEE BIT OF NOSTALGIA FROM THE COMBINE OF THE 80S.

954 BIRDS LIBERATED AT 6.30 AM NW WIND DORCHESTER

1ST H ALLISON KIRKCONNEL 1075

2ND HAMILTON BROS KIRKCONNEL 1071

3RD H ALLISON KIRKCONNEL 1053

4TH C CONNELLY NEW CUMNOCK 1048

5TH J&J HOOD MILTON OF CAMPSIE 1047

6TH ANDERSON & BROWN KIRKINTILLOCH 1035

7TH W GIBSON AUCHINLECK 1034

8TH T & D TURNER NEW CUMNOCK 1021

9TH A ROBERTS CLYDEBANK 1000

10TH S ROBERTSON NEW CUMNOCK 998

11TH R KERR LOCHWINNOCH 990

12TH FOWLER & KING KIRKCONNEL 989

13TH FOWLER & KING KIRKCONNEL 988

14TH H HOLLAND & SON KIRKINTILLOCH 978

15TH R MACALONEY CHRYSTON 977

16TH J NEIL CUMNOCK 976

17TH J & J HOOD MILTON OF CAMPSIE 976

18TH W MCMILLAN DARVEL 975

19TH J & I BARR DAlRY 970

20TH W HALL E/KILBRIDE 969

21ST W MORRISON E/KILBRIDE 968

22ND R A ANDERSON KIRKINTILLOCH 966

23RD J & J HOOD MILTON OF CAMPSIE 965

24TH STITT MALLOY &SON KIRKCONNEL 964

25TH H HOLLAND & SON KIRKINTILLOCH 963.

TOP 25 FOR 1984,WAS THROWING OUT SOME OLD DOO BOOKS AND THOUGHT THIS WEE BIT OF HISTORY MIGHT BE OF SOME INTEREST,NB THE WEEK AFTER THIS RACE SAW A FANTASTIC RENNES RACE WON BY THE LEGEND EDDIE NEWCOMBE MACMERRY,JIM HANNAH WAS 1ST WEST SECTION 4TH OPEN AND HAD A FANTASTIC RACE WITH 4 BIRDS IN THE TOP 65 OPEN,GREAT MEMORIES. :) :) :)

Jeez john that was 28 years ago now can just aboot remember it still but remeber the sartilly nat the week afore better Way chq cock BOB :emoticon-0167-beer: :emoticon-0167-beer:aye they were all brocken doos aswell they all raced at the small holding at my dads previous to 1984

Edited by stb-