Which Strain Has Stood The Test Of Time?

sapper756

We have seen many strains of racing pigeons come and go, but which if any do you think have stood the test of time, and are as effective today as they were when they first came into the sport?

I personally think the Janssens will take a bit of beatinghttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/emoticon-0138-thinking.gif

We have seen many strains of racing pigeons come and go, but which if any do you think have stood the test of time, and are as effective today as they were when they first came into the sport?

I personally think the Janssens will take a bit of beatinghttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/emoticon-0138-thinking.gif

buscheart .

most modern day strains contain janssen... they will be around for ever, and must be the greatest family of pigeons ever imo! :)

Agreed and most distance strains contain Sticklebault probably the best two strains of all time :)

Got to be Busschaerts in Scotland anyway.Not many lofts won't have had a good bird at somepoint that they will have called a Busschaert and they are still at the top of the list at every distance,every week for the likes of John McNeill,John Duthie and John Hodgson.

Debatable as to what a "strain" is mind you and as debatable is if Busschaerts fall into this category :emoticon-0138-thinking:

• 3 weeks later...

In my opion there is no such thing as a strain, the UK get taken in me included every year by Van this Van that, at the end of the day what we should be realy looking for is winners from a winning loft no matter what the strain is, How many lofts up and down the Uk have these so called superstar strains yet dont win a carrot, yet another loft wins everything no matter wot strain they have. I think its time the UK woke up and all the winning lofts should be named under there own name like they do in belgium & holland. JMO

wise up what have they ever won in ireland.

2nd,7th,8th,10th,15th open lamballe, 4th,12th,14th open st mallow, 54th open kings cup plus lots of club and fed postions.( 3rd open talbenny etc.)

2nd,7th,8th,10th,15th open lamballe, 4th,12th,14th open st mallow, 54th open kings cup plus lots of club and fed postions.( 3rd open talbenny etc.)

1st section 16th open dinard, 1st section 1st open navan y b, 18th open dinard, 50th open penzance yearling nat.