Duramitex

yeboah

Just wondering as i used to dilute in a bucket of warm water the previously available duramitex and then dip all youngsters for lice free doos ,any other alternative's for dipping with equally as good results ,no of permethrin but can it be diluted and used as a dip ??

Just wondering as i used to dilute in a bucket of warm water the previously available duramitex and then dip all youngsters for lice free doos ,any other alternative's for dipping with equally as good results ,no of permethrin but can it be diluted and used as a dip ??

Hi

Yes it can at least the permethrin from

Colin Walker

Cheers

Homer 49

Nothing better for Dipping birds than Chlorcarb Mick, doos are clean all year round. Like Duramitex the leftovers can be strained and used to spray the loft

Hi

Yes it can at least the permethrin from

Colin Walker

Cheers

Homer 49

Thanks will pop into the vet and get sorted .

Nothing better for Dipping birds than Chlorcarb Mick, doos are clean all year round. Like Duramitex the leftovers can be strained and used to spray the loft

Where can that be obtained from John ,Thanks

never dipped but does this keep them clear all year ??? lice seem to be in abundance this year due to the few warm days we've had ;)

never dipped but does this keep them clear all year ??? lice seem to be in abundance this year due to the few warm days we've had ;)

I Promise you my doos are clear of lice and mite all year, i dip after the moult or before going to the winter shows and i Very Very Rarely have them on my doos using Chlorcarb, Scouts Honour!

Put a couple of glugs of ordinary malt vinegar in their bathwater, after a few baths you'll not see any lice on them at all and dare I say it ............. it works out as cheap as chips.

Put a couple of glugs of ordinary malt vinegar in their bathwater, after a few baths you'll not see any lice on them at all and dare I say it ............. it works out as cheap as chips.

you sure your not just adding salt and vinegar to season lol :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Nice one, never heard it before.

i know thats what they used to put on bairns heads fer headlice years gone by , might repel them but not sure if kills them :unsure:

It was recommended to me by none other than the late Andrew Deans.

I remember coaxing my Da to try it out as the Duramitex can leave oily stained feathers after dipping them.

Now ma Da wisnae exactly easily parted with his cash and the Chlorcarb was significantly more money than his usual choice.

Anyway as we were dipping them and letting them fly to the perch, they didnae look as if they had been touched never mind dipped, the Dire Warning came that it had better work after him spending his money on it.

Needless to say that within a couple of hours the feather lice looked frazzled and just fell off