Ypres 2011

blaz

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having a final spin on the training van tomorrow and will decide when they come home which will be going to Ypres and whether i will send a 2yr old Ck to Tours or not. All depends on how they look on arrival fae Dunbar. All going well i will send 6 to Ypres and 1 to Tours

Edited by JohnQuinn

Hope it will help you guys, I have experienced only 2 previous bad channel races with SNFC, Alencon 2009 & Bourges 2010 but I do remember a lot of you missing good pigeons from those races too, and in Alencon at least, they were still working back weeks after. Alencon was my first attempt at Gold Cup, and my single entry arrived 1 week later. Bourges was my first attempt at Longest Race, and my single entry arrived 11 days later. They're both going to Tours today.

I've 5 for Ypres - all yearlings.

Well i'm in the middle of a bad toss right now, only 6 home fae 10 sent so i doubt i will be going to Tours as that is one of them still to come!! So looks like i will now only send 4 to Ypres, MAYBE 5.

Surprises me you training birds this late John, especially Tours.They wouldnt be out loft after weekend for me.Suppose,many roads lead to Rome, good luck m8

Sending 6 to Ypres. Lets hope the Race Controllers Realise there's a *expletive removed* Stretch of Water the birds have to cross and shove there web cams up there *expletive removed*!. Do a bit of old fashioned line of flight contacts every 50-60 miles.

Sending 6 to Ypres. Lets hope the Race Controllers Realise there's a *expletive removed* Stretch of Water the birds have to cross and shove there web cams up there *expletive removed*!. Do a bit of old fashioned line of flight contacts every 50-60 miles.

Here,Here.

Ken what you're saying but maybe that was part of the (Messac) problem. We all know weather conditions can change very quickly and what was clear when checked before liberation time may not be as clear when the birds actually arrive there 3/4 hours later. Here's hoping for a good race. :)

:scotland: YPRES THIS WEEKEND WHO,S GOING HOW MANY BIRDS AND WHAT DISTANCE TO YOU :scotland:

am sending 2 a 09 hen and a 09 cock there paired together on the roundabout ypres is 513mile to me . good luck to all and heres hoping for good returns to lift the moral with in the fancy the noooo :emoticon-0123-party::scotland::egyptian::emoticon-0126-nerd:

Guest ENDFLIGHT

Well i'm in the middle of a bad toss right now, only 6 home fae 10 sent so i doubt i will be going to Tours as that is one of them still to come!! So looks like i will now only send 4 to Ypres, MAYBE 5.

JOHN,you are not alone m8,the birds were liberated in good conditions at 10 15am.just as i was arriving home at approx 12 noon,i got a distess call from EL PRESIDENTY telling me he only had 3 home from 10.on checking i had 2 from 8 my first being at 11 24 which is on normal time for INNERLEITHEN,however from then on it was down hill all the way.i luckily got my 8th.and final doo at 4 50 pm.so i guess percy has had a field day :angry::angry: it never seems to fail at the last hurdle :huh: anyway,i hope at the end of the day we all got most if not all of our doo,s,my later arrivals had certainly not been flying all those hours,they had almost certainly gone to ground hope it ended well for everyone cheers BILLY :(

Did you not mention previously Andy that you know someone on south coast, might be an idea to e-mail the SNFC if you get a dodgy forcast on the English side that morning?

It is possible to get a forcast inc. visibility from the shipping guys at Calais or Dover, they dont advertise it, but will do it if asked the right way.