Lofts Burnt Down South Shields

DAVIDL

Lofts on allotements have been burnt down in south shields, it was started by a gardener lighting a bonfire, its thought he left the fire and went home.......the wind took hold and it went out of control taking approx 10 lofts up in flames, the fanciers who owned them are devistated.

these pictures had been posted by one of the allotement holders.

this puts a shudder up my back, so sad for these guys and their birds. Where do you go from here, i started back up again, but 3 years on still struggling to really enjoy the sport again. I really hope these guys affected get back up and running again, but the truth is they will always be petrified in case it happens again. All the very best guys alex.

what a terrible thing to happen i cant even begin to imagine what the affected fanciers must be feeling like? all that time/money spent on your birds only for that to happen,what was the gardener thinking leaving a bonfire alight especially with the winds weve been having? did they manage to save any birds or lofts on the allotments?

IMO The guy who left the fire that caused this should go to prison for it, i know if it was my loft and birds i would either go to the police or i would lynch him and go to prison myself, a widnae care how sorry the effin idiot was he'd still get it.

Guest stb-

IMO The guy who left the fire that caused this should go to prison for it, i know if it was my loft and birds i would either go to the police or i would lynch him and go to prison myself, a widnae care how sorry the effin idiot was he'd still get it.

yes agree john he would paye one way or another especially after he had been told not to light fires in that wind .

Guest homestead

With gift birds and new lofts it would take years to rebuild a good team, i wonder how many of the ten fanciers will call it a day. A sad time, as for the gardener well :mad::emoticon-0179-headbang: ???

those pics r terrible realy feel fr the lads it happend to

Hope d gardner gets a sentence has he no brain what fire can do truly gutting to see these pictures feel so sorry for the fanciers of the lofts hope they can rebuild I bet there was alot off years of work there gone

the pictures speak volumes truely horrendous, the birds trapped in the lofts must have been terrified and many enduring pain beyond belief before the inevitible??

yes the gardener should be taken to task for this stupid stupid act of leaving the fire unattended, one act of shear lack of care has caused the deaths of many many pigeons and completely wiped out years of hard work and dedication by the fanciers not to mention the costs involved

ps: gardener, if it were down to me he would be the next thing getting planted??

john

i find it strange that since the fanciers from south shields have been wiped out no attempt has been made by basics to offer help when all the other sites are rallying round trying to get these lads set up again or maybe the site has offered help and i have not seen it is there not a fund for this sort of thing would it not be time to offer a donation to help JMO

i find it strange that since the fanciers from south shields have been wiped out no attempt has been made by basics to offer help when all the other sites are rallying round trying to get these lads set up again or maybe the site has offered help and i have not seen it is there not a fund for this sort of thing would it not be time to offer a donation to help JMO

As I.B Said i put up a link to the Arson / Fire Fund as and when the applications are received Ian will decide whether more funds are needed but there are funds there and your welcome to copy the link i posted or copy and send the forms to the relevant fanciers , this site is more than happy to help as are the members :)

think this sites members has shown there more than willing to come forward and help when called upon the h4h auction of late only just one instance when the members came together to raise a large amount for charity the Olivia sale also was amazing

so its unfair to criticize anyone on this site im sure thee members of basics being the members they were if asked would not only come forward with these donations and of course there hard earned cash which is as important as the donations as it shows when every lot is is whipped up by basics members :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping: