What Is Your Job?

sapper756

self employed joiner, used to work on luxury boats from start to finish and they used to sell for £500,000 back in the 70s hell knows how much the cost now £1.5 -£2mil great work and all hand made

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest briancol

'carer' for my 82 year old mum,& living on £53 quid a week from benifits.pigeons take most of that,finding it hard to keep up.

when i was working i was an hgv class 2/lgc class c driver but at 59 cant see me ever going back to it.

Lithographic printer to trade,been self employed carpet fitter, worked on sites fitting suspended ceilings and fire protection, ran a cleaning services business, had window cleaning business,gardener with council,etc,etc,etc,must have had 10 different jobs. My ma said I couldnt stick to a glue factory. At present I am a full time dooman ;) but money is drying up so might need to send the wife back oot to work :D:D

well and truly a bit off a delboy lol :P

I am an ex everything. Farmer, Coachbuilder, Training Manager, Landscape Gardener, Soldier and plenty more. These days at 72 I am a delivery driver for a local Pharmacy.

I had a replacement knee earlier this year and I am finding the work with the pigeons and other things I am involved with, a bit difficult. Still ever the optimist and I will bash on. I have just build an American style loft for next years youngsters which has taken up a lot of time. I like the loft though.

Guest Gareth Rankin

I am an ex everything. Farmer, Coachbuilder, Training Manager, Landscape Gardener, Soldier and plenty more. These days at 72 I am a delivery driver for a local Pharmacy.

I had a replacement knee earlier this year and I am finding the work with the pigeons and other things I am involved with, a bit difficult. Still ever the optimist and I will bash on. I have just build an American style loft for next years youngsters which has taken up a lot of time. I like the loft though.

Your doing well building a new loft in the same year as having a knee replacement, Owen it would be interesting to see some photos and your thoughts behind the design of your new your bird loft.

Atb

Gareth

Guest mitch112

There was an interesting thread looking at the age span of pigeon fanciers on Basics.

It would be interesting to hear where or what PB members do for a living

So are you employed, if so, what do you do?

Or are you retired, if so, what did you do?

People seem to think all pigeon fanciers are old men with cloth caps who work down the pits

Guest XANADU LOFTS

Sales manager (Used cars) done this all my life apart from taking a break 3 yrs ago when i was an ?????? wait for it !!!!!!! ice cream man, must say I really enjoyed the break from the car trade, but just could not earn the same sort of money due to it bl**dy raining all the time.