What Next

T_T

Fancier being told by RSPB that pigeons cannot be released at West Canvey Nature reserve after it was said the sport was cruel. Think it's about time that all the Blackpool takings were put into our own pot to hire a legal team and get on top of this before it escalates. As for me, I'm carrying on as normal.

They've just about got Joe public brainwashed already,If they keep hammering sh** like that to them they'll believe that aswell.As for Blackpool your CORRECT mate,our backs against the wall with the RSPB .YBS. and BOP money is needed to sort the sport out sooner than later before there is no sport at all.

Lindsay

The Blackpool show contributes to some very good charities which it was set up for but changes over the last few years have us in a bad situation with the raptor problems.Whilst I sympothise with these charities and personally work hard for charities they take the money say thanks and get on with it we get no support or help from them in return and very little advertising of the donations made.

The problem is persuading the RPRA to change its thinking into helping it's own membership. A lot of the workers at the show are voluntary and have in the past threatened not to help if money does not go to charity.

The RPRA is not the only union in the UK what are the others doing to help with this problem I know the SHU have been discussing this for years have invested a lot of members money but we are no further forward

I know we got told we would be allowed to trap and relocate continual problem birds under licence surprise surprise a licence has NEVER been issued

It appears to me we get involved in discussions that are endless and a waste of time there is NEVER a conclusive result except for the raptors

I think this proves we need someone with some expertise in issues of this nature to fight our corner. Pigeon fanciers cannot do this we can supply all the info but need experts to fight for our rights after all we have some wonderfull celebrities and influential people keeping racing pigeons but very little support

I have heard this so many times over the years that the money coming in from the 'Blackpool Show / week - end could and should be used for our needs etc. etc. Further that it is vorganised via the RPRA etc.

The simple fact is, - though the RPRA are still trying to alter it - it has nothing to do with the RPRA whatsoever money wise, and they don't get a penny out of it!

This again was brought out beginning of the year and what the RPRA are trying to come to arrangements to and with.

Sorry, but I feel you are all missing the seriousness / big issue here. Nothing to do with charity donations or BOP. A major and much respected charity has attacked us all by labelling pigeon racing a 'cruel sport'. The person that was told this by RSPB / posted the thread wants to get that statement in writing, and submit it to his Union. 'Defamation' is a legal issue and Unions, all of them, need to go to Court on this.

Sorry, but I feel you are all missing the seriousness / big issue here. Nothing to do with charity donations or BOP. A major and much respected charity has attacked us all by labelling pigeon racing a 'cruel sport'. The person that was told this by RSPB / posted the thread wants to get that statement in writing, and submit it to his Union. 'Defamation' is a legal issue and Unions, all of them, need to go to Court on this.

I aint missing the point Ian but your having a laugh the unions collectively or individuly will not challenge them

Don't want an arguement but time will tell

Ian

Guest mick bowler

So ok, the RPRA hire a lawyer and decide to fight a case, so what are the arguments for?

When you are dealing with an organisation like the RSPB they do make "off the cuff" comments. There is no smoke without fire, why would they even start to say that this sport is cruel?

Maybe its the massive losses that are suffered every year and the number of birds that meet a fatal end. Some of those that are lucky enough to find refuge end up suffering the same fate.

Then maybe its birds being sent 600 miles plus, sometimes even 1000 miles, in supposed purpose built vehicles, then these birds released to weather conditions that the locals in the lib point area wont even sit out in!

Then of course there are the stories of fanciers disposing of their birds because they are no good or no longer serve a purpose.

Not to mention the conditions how a lot of these birds are "supposedly" kept in.

As i say, no smoke without fire, maybe there is something in it, maybe sometimes we should try looking from the outside in.

There is an argument that they are trying to protect birds that cruelly prey on other "harmless" birds, but is that really good enough?

i would just ignore them. probably just some "jobsworth" with a chip on his shoulder. if they start on pigeon racing then what about horse racing, show jumping, greyhound racing, game shooting, deer stalking, circus animals etc the list is endless. theres always someone trying to spoil the enjoymenmt of others.

RSPB SAY OUR SPORT IS CRULE WHAT ABOUT RAISING 100 QUAILLS AND REALEASING THEM IN A WOOD NEAR MYSELF AND THEN REALEASING A PAIR OF SPARROW HAWKS INTO THE WILD THE QUAILLS WERE FOR FOOD UNTIL HAWKS ADAPT TO ME THAT IS CRULE WE SHOUILD ALL BOMBARD RSPB WITH LETTERS OF COMPLAINT ABOUT THERE STATEMENT

Guest mick bowler

RSPB SAY OUR SPORT IS CRULE WHAT ABOUT RAISING 100 QUAILLS AND REALEASING THEM IN A WOOD NEAR MYSELF AND THEN REALEASING A PAIR OF SPARROW HAWKS INTO THE WILD THE QUAILLS WERE FOR FOOD UNTIL HAWKS ADAPT TO ME THAT IS CRULE WE SHOUILD ALL BOMBARD RSPB WITH LETTERS OF COMPLAINT ABOUT THERE STATEMENT

It is cruel, but its those words "we should", we should all do a lot of things over this problem, but it never happens.

Have you ever seen an orchestra without a conductor? No, but can imagine what it would be like, yes, the same as us fanciers and the respective unions we are in, no leadership, no guidnace and no solidarity!