sapper756

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gareth Rankin

to many national races

Would have to agree with you, this week Clermont will mean that there has been 5 weeks of consecutive SNFC races, buzz is missing when there are so many and dont imagine that there are any other National/classic clubs were they race 5 weeks in a row??

I did mention in an eralier thread on SNFC program, that there would be a problem this year with falling birdage to the Clermont race, and it has nothing to do with losses, or the SNFC program. Last year Lanarkshire pulled out of the SNFC's last channel race (then Falaise) for their Fed 500 mile race. This year SCC (Central, North West and Midland Feds) also pulled out. That's around 1000 birds down for Clermont. They went to Ypres instead.

I did mention in an eralier thread on SNFC program, that there would be a problem this year with falling birdage to the Clermont race, and it has nothing to do with losses, or the SNFC program. Last year Lanarkshire pulled out of the SNFC's last channel race (then Falaise) for their Fed 500 mile race. This year SCC (Central, North West and Midland Feds) also pulled out. That's around 1000 birds down for Clermont. They went to Ypres instead.

The question is why do they prefer Ypres ? is it because they want to fly alone or is it they don't like the distance,which judging by the birdage people are prefering the shorter races.

i agree entirely with your comments and i also said in an earlier thread that the ypres race is affecting the reims entry because the shorter distance seems to appeal to some members as it should obviously be easier.

Perhaps the birdage drop is down tae a number o different factors, Losses,distance,inland nats and easterly lib points but I for one will still be sendin my best doos to the gold cup. Easier options from 400mile area are really hard to find for the back garden fancier sendin ones and twos to each water race. The SNFC is still the place tae be for me and although there may be probs we have tae get roon am sure we will and carry on. Best o luck to all who have sent.

Cheers steven

The question is why do they prefer Ypres ? is it because they want to fly alone or is it they don't like the distance,which judging by the birdage people are prefering the shorter races.

For Lanarkshire, it was timing. They said at SNFC AGM they wanted a bigger gap between OB and YB seasons. SCC believed they would get a bigger birdage by going to Ypres, especially more yearlings.

Perhaps the birdage drop is down tae a number o different factors, Losses,distance,inland nats and easterly lib points but I for one will still be sendin my best doos to the gold cup. Easier options from 400mile area are really hard to find for the back garden fancier sendin ones and twos to each water race. The SNFC is still the place tae be for me and although there may be probs we have tae get roon am sure we will and carry on. Best o luck to all who have sent.

Cheers steven

some of the solway boys keep going on about flying down the west rather than the east but there has been more day birds this year than in any year I can remember from the east route.

some of the solway boys keep going on about flying down the west rather than the east but there has been more day birds this year than in any year I can remember from the east route.

Think the members doon here will be sayin their chance of competing at the top is less due to the easterly race points. I wouldny say it was some members I would say its most that ive spoken to.

Think the members doon here will be sayin their chance of competing at the top is less due to the easterly race points. I wouldny say it was some members I would say its most that ive spoken to.

DONT KNOW ABOUT THAT AS YOUR RESULTS HAVE BEEN GREAT THIS YEAR STEVEN :);)

DONT KNOW ABOUT THAT AS YOUR RESULTS HAVE BEEN GREAT THIS YEAR STEVEN :);)

Ye I know Alan and I was thinkin that as I typed but thats honestly wot the men doon here are thinkin mate. Was speakin last nite to a multi national winnin fancier who was sayin that clashin in eastern france is a major contributor in the racin we're havin. Now ive no looked into this but he was quite adament.

Cheers

Day birds is one thing but greater losses is another. The top and bottom of it is east racepoints ask for trouble

Remember Rennes race's from years gone by and the result was completed on the day of liberation..... the good old days B)

Tell me this, why did the SNFC switch to 'eastern' racepoints

Day birds is one thing but greater losses is another. The top and bottom of it is east racepoints ask for trouble

Remember Rennes race's from years gone by and the result was completed on the day of liberation..... the good old days B)

Tell me this, why did the SNFC switch to 'eastern' racepoints

AYE COMPLETED IN SECTION A :o

As well as other sections ;)

Just dug up the last Rennes race result in 1999, 1st 170 in the Open result were timed on the day from 202 open prizes ;)

WHAT WAS THE WIND THAT DAY CHRIS?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

As well as other sections ;)

Just dug up the last Rennes race result in 1999, 1st 170 in the Open result were timed on the day from 202 open prizes ;)

Chriss in the racepoints from the east there are pigeons from most sections in the top 20 open , :) from the westerly racepoints

sect a and b was finnished and over before birds were in a lot of the other sections , taking penalty kicks comes to mind :(

How are the lads in the west doin frae these easterly points?

A'VE JUST STARTED THIS CHANNEL RACING LARK STEVEN BUT I GOT 3 OOT MA 4 FAE REIMS 3 WEEKS AGO BUT MISSED THE RESULT BY ABOUT 2 1/2 HRS BUT I'LL KEEP TRYING MATE :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

How are the lads in the west doin frae these easterly points?

position wise an improvment on the westerly ones but losses just the same as most :(

A'VE JUST STARTED THIS CHANNEL RACING LARK STEVEN BUT I GOT 3 OOT MA 4 FAE REIMS 3 WEEKS AGO BUT MISSED THE RESULT BY ABOUT 2 1/2 HRS BUT I'LL KEEP TRYING MATE :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Keep it up Alan youll defo get closer pal. Returns seem good