Ideal Snfc Race Programme

Delboy

I don't go to them but have always been in the frame of mind that ALL nationals should be abroad and none from this side of the water with possibly Ypres being theeeeee big one for the Federations and if you want to go to the really big ones join the National (Only my thoughts)

I think its time for change and theeee really big one should be the gold cup race with federations duplicating into it.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cant agree with duplication at the gold cup. you could then have a situation where the gold cup winner is beaten by a federation bird not entered in the national. if fanciers want to fly reims or wherever they should join the national. clermont is different as most feds used to have their own channel race but nowadays it is not economically possible

Guest Davy Fleming

When I said Theeeee big one I meant Fed races . I'm not arguing about Theeee big one being the Gold Cup for national members as certainly would go along with that, and certainly don't like this duplicating for the reasons given by Jade

cant agree with duplication at the gold cup. you could then have a situation where the gold cup winner is beaten by a federation bird not entered in the national. if fanciers want to fly reims or wherever they should join the national. clermont is different as most feds used to have their own channel race but nowadays it is not economically possible

I don;t see what difference it would make to the winner of the Gold Cup if a Fed doo done a better velocity, the fancier who races in the national will be remembered for ever and the Fed doo that beat it wouldn't be known to be forgotten!

Guest bigda

jade, i think you want jam on both sides of your bread, the feds used to go to the same distance as the gold cup, so its OK to take Pilgrims to fatten up your bank book, but don't want any Pilgrim to win anything.

When I said Theeeee big one I meant Fed races . I'm not arguing about Theeee big one being the Gold Cup for national members as certainly would go along with that, and certainly don't like this duplicating for the reasons given by Jade

I would like to see measures taken to get the Gold cup birdage to as many as possible which is the reason why i think duplication is the answer.

Whether we like it or not, duplication is inevitable everywhere in this game. There will in the next 10/15 yrs be a dramatic drop in the number of fanciers all over the country, and unless you want to be sending your doos in the back of a Fiesta van to the races, organisations will have to agree race programs and travel together. Now whether they would wish to pool against each other or not is a different matter, but we'll ALL have to face the fact that it will be far too expensive to transport doos in tiny convoys and we will have to go together, to the extent every race you enter will be what we recognise as a National race today.

I was going to add JMO but that's not appropriate, its not a matter of opinion its inevitable!!

Whether we like it or not, duplication is inevitable everywhere in this game. There will in the next 10/15 yrs be a dramatic drop in the number of fanciers all over the country, and unless you want to be sending your doos in the back of a Fiesta van to the races, organisations will have to agree race programs and travel together. Now whether they would wish to pool against each other or not is a different matter, but we'll ALL have to face the fact that it will be far too expensive to transport doos in tiny convoys and we will have to go together, to the extent every race you enter will be what we recognise as a National race today.

I was going to add JMO but that's not appropriate, its not a matter of opinion its inevitable!!

john you say it WILL be to expensive,it is already happening amalgamation has always been the answer,dont want to sound defeatist but the fanciers know how to sort this out,will this happen no way!!!!!!!!!!!! <_<

john you say it WILL be to expensive,it is already happening amalgamation has always been the answer,dont want to sound defeatist but the fanciers know how to sort this out,will this happen no way!!!!!!!!!!!! <_<

Its the fanciers who decide it, the MAJORITY of fanciers at the meeting. Whether that represents the MAJORITY of the members is debatable, but its no as if doo racing is the only one with rules about attending meetings, it happens in Every type of organisation from Union meetings to WRVS meetings. Its the way of the world no pigeon men.

There are those who say things get changed behind closed doors, from what has been voted at agm's, but i know that to be UNTRUE.

If any changes are NEEDED to what has been voted then there is a Delegates meeting called with an agenda for change sent out. The clubs then either don't bother calling a meeting to discuss it and instruct their delegate how to vote, the one's who do call a meeting at club level are left sitting with 5/6 members at the meeting, and their points of view probably don't represent the Majority of their own club never mind Fed.

Its the very same members who DON'T ATTEND the meetings that moan and greet and accuse officials of ignoring the majority. Everything would run better if everyone who POSSIBLY could attended did so, and weren't looking at there watch every 2 mins after about 20mins of the meeting starting and shouting "come on i've got something to do"

I COULD GO ON ALL NIGHT!!

Ultimately, we can talk till the sun goes down but how many on here will actually attend the SNFC AGM where it is all decided and cast in stone... :blink:

I was speaking to one of the very best and highly regarded long distnce fanciers in England this week, this guy has followed the Scottish national scene for decades as he classed it as the benchmark of all long distance racing in the UK. He expressed his horror in noticing the birdage at our Bourges race as well as how we are now turning to inland racing, this opinion is from not only him but from many others in the UK, his final words were 'the jocks are now turning into a sprint club'..... the worrying thing is.... he's right, the SNFC is now a laughing stock ;):angry:

Federations are now dictating the SNFC programme

As for Ypres.... scrap it !!!

JMO.... but I'll be at the AGM.... will you ;):)

I am not for one minute suggesting we have any obligation to Ypres/Ieper, as first and formeost it is racing that is the concern.

What I would say is it represents a wonderful opportunity to play a positive role for the Scottish Pigeon fanciers in the mind of the UK and Belgian population as a whole. In the next few years will be the century years of the First World War. Some of the most horrific battles where fought out in and round Ypres. The first Battle of Ypres (amongst many) was 1914. The Menin Gate in Ypres itself bears the names of 54,896 dead who have no known graves (40,244 UK, 6198 Australian, 6983 Canadian, 564 South African, 6 BWI and 4217 Indian), who died between 1914 and 15th Aug 1917.. Each and every night at 8pm the soundings of the Last post are carried out by the buglers of the Ypres. Pigeons (Doves) are the symbol of peace, so I think there could be openings where we can play a positive role during the remembrance years.

Of course the SNFC are not professional publicists so it may be a futile observation. A race from Ypres can be ingrained in the mindset with good marketing – We need some good publicity. In life one good turn generally gets reciprocated and who knows we may benefit from political decisions that may be made in the future. Just a though …

I'll be there, voting FOR Ypres :D :D

not because of your national interest but for Lanarkshire Feds benifi as they dont want a race from 500 miles this is what is wrong with the National the race programe set up to suit Fedrations and it is destroying the club.

I am not for one minute suggesting we have any obligation to Ypres/Ieper, as first and formeost it is racing that is the concern.

What I would say is it represents a wonderful opportunity to play a positive role for the Scottish Pigeon fanciers in the mind of the UK and Belgian population as a whole. In the next few years will be the century years of the First World War. Some of the most horrific battles where fought out in and round Ypres. The first Battle of Ypres (amongst many) was 1914. The Menin Gate in Ypres itself bears the names of 54,896 dead who have no known graves (40,244 UK, 6198 Australian, 6983 Canadian, 564 South African, 6 BWI and 4217 Indian), who died between 1914 and 15th Aug 1917.. Each and every night at 8pm the soundings of the Last post are carried out by the buglers of the Ypres. Pigeons (Doves) are the symbol of peace, so I think there could be openings where we can play a positive role during the remembrance years.

Of course the SNFC are not professional publicists so it may be a futile observation. A race from Ypres can be ingrained in the mindset with good marketing – We need some good publicity. In life one good turn generally gets reciprocated and who knows we may benefit from political decisions that may be made in the future. Just a though …

Agree with you there Glen.

not because of your national interest but for Lanarkshire Feds benifi as they dont want a race from 500 miles this is what is wrong with the National the race programe set up to suit Fedrations and it is destroying the club.

Aye it because of my National interests, nothing to do with the Fed. Unless you've been locked away you'll know i done very well in the SNFC from Ypres, and had 100% returns, thats my interest no matter who i'm travelling with

Aye it because of my National interests, nothing to do with the Fed. Unless you've been locked away you'll know i done very well in the SNFC from Ypres, and had 100% returns, thats my interest no matter who i'm travelling with

John, I got 8/10 in Ypres but wouldnt say it was a great race. You must look at the big picture and not just your own performance. Especially when you ve taken on a SNFC committee position. I remember when I was secretary of Kirkintilloch, we had a yb race from Appleby and I had 21/22 and first 3 in club. Everyone elses returns were terrible so I was the first on the phone to the fed secretary to complain about the race etc.I was the spokesperson for the whole club and I had to look at the BIG PICTURE and not my personal achievements.

Very good point Glen, why dont you take on the P.R.O job as the pigeon sport in general is needing some good publicity

John, I got 8/10 in Ypres but wouldnt say it was a great race. You must look at the big picture and not just your own performance. Especially when you ve taken on a SNFC committee position. I remember when I was secretary of Kirkintilloch, we had a yb race from Appleby and I had 21/22 and first 3 in club. Everyone elses returns were terrible so I was the first on the phone to the fed secretary to complain about the race etc.I was the spokesperson for the whole club and I had to look at the BIG PICTURE and not my personal achievements.

The returns i know of were very respectable Derek, in my opinion the race point offers the possibility of fanciers in the west getting good open positions in the national. It is in my opinion an equal test for all Scottish pigeons too, the race points farther west negate the open result for the majority of West section fanciers. So my motive is not ENTIRELY selfish.

The returns i know of were very respectable Derek, in my opinion the race point offers the possibility of fanciers in the west getting good open positions in the national. It is in my opinion an equal test for all Scottish pigeons too, the race points farther west negate the open result for the majority of West section fanciers. So my motive is not ENTIRELY selfish.

I agree John, I think Ypres and all easterly points are far fairer racepoints, as results have shown. I have personally been 5th and 16th open in easterly snfc races ;)B):D