Bos Pellets

mac1

hi, ive used the boss pellets but found them no different from the g10 pellets........ive found they are all the same and can tell no difference in the ybs whichever is used, i do like to use pellets when rearing ybs so will continue to use either. :)

USED THEM FOR THE 1ST ROUND IN THE STOCK LOFT 2 YRS AGO AND THEN FOR THE 2ND ROUND I USED LAYER PELLETS AND FOUND NO DIFFERANCE IN THE Y/B'S AT ALL BUT AT NEARLY £6 A BAG DEARER I WONT BE BUYING THE BOS PELLETS AGAIN ;)

mine would not eat the layers pellets alf :(

THEY WILL IF THEY GET NOWT ELSE AFTER YOU PAIR THEM UP ;) AFTER THAT IT IS EASY I AM GIVING THEM TO MY PARTED Y/B'S ASWELL IN THEIR GRUB :)

• 8 months later...

cheers mate

sorry for being a pain but i try to get all the info on stuff rather than just buy whats available in the shop i usually go to

soupie

not a pain better to get feed back and get it right as others will of tried stuff and maybe not to there liking but at end of day you have to try and find out yourself :)

Ave used the BOS pellets for a few years, my mate gets them in the club for me, i think it makes a difference to the breeding owe ybs in the stock hut, not got them this year but have asked to get them

In the feeding bucket i always put a handfall in, JMO

going to get kirky to donate a pickstones worth if they eat them i'm going to get some meself , ybs look well on them thats fer sure :)

cheers mate

sorry for being a pain but i try to get all the info on stuff rather than just buy whats available in the shop i usually go to

soupie

I think it's good to check things out. :)

Layers & Growers Pellets are poultry products and still contain antibiotics known as 'growth promoters'. Around 4 are still licensed by EU - there used to be a lot more . Poultry is grown for the table, so 'layers' are for good sized eggs for the table, including a yolk-colour aimed at consumers, and 'growers' for good-sized birds for the table in weeks rather than months.

I've used pellets for pigeons (G10s) and I've seen poultry pellets and coudn't see much difference except G10s obviously had something added. IMO pigeon pellets are poultry pellets in a different bag.

so what do most fanciers do?

just feed layers to birds whilst feeding young or mix it with the corn?

or feed as a mix or on its own when young birds are weaned?

soupie

btw my 1st young bird reared since i returned to the sport went out and in the trap today :emoticon-0137-clapping:

i only have 2 cock birds broke to my loft already so was a bit nervous

but i was like a kid with a new toy when he came back in :emoticon-0136-giggle: