what went wrong this wk.end racing ?

jock3

Yesterday the weather here had to be seen to be believed. When I say that we had thunderstorms throwing hail out of the sky the size of ice cubes is no exaggeration, this storm went on for over an hour.  Plastic sputnik traps were demolished, corrugated plastic roofs on Avery’s busted to bits but the unbelievable bit was I got a pigeon come through this when the storm/hail was at its worse. How my pigeon managed to fly through that I’ll never know.

I don’t normally give my pigeons names but this one I’ve named Caesar......... Hail Caesar.

Well I can't see it all being down to weather. My race birds came well 100% returns at 180 mile but ???????? I let 25 young uns go at 5 pm and had just 5 back by dark. By some real weired coincidence all 5 are whites. 2 dutch Delbars 1 Logan and 2 Buscheaarts. Had fly aways years ago, but why all the race birds and not the whites. The 2 Peregrins from the cement works were fighting over head on sunday but ?????

Well I can't see it all being down to weather. My race birds came well 100% returns at 180 mile but ???????? I let 25 young uns go at 5 pm and had just 5 back by dark. By some real weired coincidence all 5 are whites. 2 dutch Delbars 1 Logan and 2 Buscheaarts. Had fly aways years ago, but why all the race birds and not the whites. The 2 Peregrins from the cement works were fighting over head on sunday but ?????

The question was asked by a Scottish member - if you weren't flying North Road - then your answer isn't really relevant - past Derby (heading North) visibility was down to 50 to 200 yards for most of the day - and it was p*ssing down where I live from about 3.00pm Saturday as well as poor visibility

so I think the the weather played a very major part in racing for those of us flying up the East coast in races a lot longer than 180 miles on Saturday - there is an inquiry into the UNC Race by the management - and the incorrect weather reports they were given (like the NORTH EAST Wind blowing the rain back out to sea (shrug)(shrug) )

Funny you all knew the weather forcast and still sent the birds.

I myself am still two down from the channel 400 miler and inland had a full lockup after 20min's from first to last ,the fact that i was behind was irrelevant lol.

I personally think it was just one of them days and my first two channel birds came through all that thunder and lightning within a minute of each other from different directions father and son lol.

I'm not knocking anyone for sending birds and getting the weather wrong i was just highlighting that sometimes even the best get it wrong.

I'm a bit gutted myself ive lost my best hen this was meant to be her last race before going to stock.A race to far as they say

I'm not knocking anyone for sending birds and getting the weather wrong i was just highlighting that sometimes even the best get it wrong.

I'm a bit gutted myself ive lost my best hen this was meant to be her last race before going to stock.A race to far as they say

dont give up on her yet mate, its only monday, she will be back this week :-)