pigeons left

kingbilly2

Guest youngboy

all depends really how good you are with your birds!! you see ppl breed 100s and have none of them left after a couple but you see sum breed 30 and still have a few them left after a few years!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest frank dooman

taking iy that we are talking about a good fancier with good birds i would say on average 6/7 after three years but its easy to confirm how many raced 3/4 year old birds have you in the loft just now bet its not double figures

how manny you got left tam, out of the  120  last years  young ;D ;D

I BREED 47 LAST YEAR WHENT TO ALL THE PROGRAM RACES AND THE YOUNG BIRD NATIONL WHARE I TOOK A TICKET THE NEXT DAY SO COME ON BIGDA YOUR THE ONE THAT SAYS IT AS IT IS DONT GET IMBAREST WITH THE TOOLS YOU GOT POUT YOUR RESULTS UP WIYH YOUR MOUTH IS AND DONT HID ;D ;D ;D ;D

THE BIGEST PROBLEM IN LANARKSHIRE IS NOT THE 98% THING ITS THE THIRD GENARATION OF DOOS THATS ONLY BEEN TO KELSO HERS THE STATS BREED 60 GIVE THEM 4 RACES LANARKSHIRE FED STOP THEM BREED OF THEM AS YEARLINGS RACE THE YEARLINGS UP TO 200 MLS STOP THEM BREED OF THE 2 YEAR OLDS AGAIN TRY THEM AT THE DISTANCE GO DOWN LIKE S H I T E OF A SHUVEL HERE WHE HAVE THE THIRD GENARATION OF DOOS THATS NOT BEEN BY 200ML BLAME EVERY ONE ELS BUT YOUR SELF BAD LIBS BOP THERE NO WRIGHT BUT RACE THEM OUT AND YOUL HAVE BETTER DOOS THATS WHEN THE 98% THING COMES IN ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

THE BIGEST PROBLEM IN LANARKSHIRE IS NOT THE 98% THING ITS THE THIRD GENARATION OF DOOS THATS ONLY BEEN TO KELSO HERS THE STATS BREED 60 GIVE THEM 4 RACES LANARKSHIRE FED STOP THEM BREED OF THEM AS YEARLINGS RACE THE YEARLINGS UP TO 200 MLS STOP THEM BREED OF THE 2 YEAR OLDS AGAIN TRY THEM AT THE DISTANCE GO DOWN LIKE S H I T E OF A SHUVEL HERE WHE HAVE THE THIRD GENARATION OF DOOS THATS NOT BEEN BY 200ML BLAME EVERY ONE ELS BUT YOUR SELF BAD LIBS BOP THERE NO WRIGHT BUT RACE THEM OUT AND YOUL HAVE BETTER DOOS THATS WHEN THE 98% THING COMES IN ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I think at 500 miles plus, the majority just dont have what it takes especially flying into the west.

cracking post tam all this about loft location west or north when it comes to the distance it dosent matter its the right doos you need . i agree if the doos are good enough they will home regardless of where you stay hence the reason the west section boys moaning just get better doos . the truth is there is only one way to find out if they are sht and that is by racing them hard if they are there at the end of the season they have earned the right to be bred out of . JMO

cracking post tam all this about loft location west or north when it comes to the distance it dosent matter its the right doos you need . i agree if the doos are good enough they will home regardless of where you stay hence the reason the west section boys moaning just get better doos . the truth is there is only one way to find out if they are sht and that is by racing them hard if they are there at the end of the season they have earned the right to be bred out of . JMO

Nae good homing mate,its racers at 500 miles that you want. ;) ;D ;D ;D

Nae good homing mate,its racers at 500 miles that you want. ;) ;D ;D ;D

Looks like wer back here wae this 500 mile+crack. If we raced o the time at 500 mile it would be quite a short year(especially for us doon sooth). Lets race the doos for what they are and enjoy it.

Guest ROCKYandRAMBO

treat them all the same and your only selection is the baskite and race them right out ;) ;) ;)

you could do that but you will still get some that just plod home and need another way of being disposed of well they do in my loft lol

Guest frank dooman

thats not just a lanarkshire thing its every where but you,s did mess about for a couple of years with the kelso thing ;) ;)

breeding 100 yb,s from parents that have done nowt won,t be long before you have nowt. breeding 100yb,s from good winning birds then i don,t know the end number.

breeding 100 yb,s from good hard distance birds then i think you would have more than 10 left in 3rd year, as we all know we have a few good race birds that race .we also have homers that each and evry week get home late but still get home regardless.bred from the best use the not sure,s as foster parents.

you would get different out come in different parts of the country.

I've never been one for big teams, I've never had 60 pigeons never mind bred 100 YBs. I've never bred off all the birds in my loft, and wouldn't, I breed off selected pairs only, my quota is strictly 30 rings.

2009 was the first I tried channel racing, with 2 y-o; I've 4 left, 3 flew 500 miles, 4th was hawked at 100 miles, so 10% of my 2007 YBs flew channel as 2 y-o. 2009 was also the first time I lost almost all of the YBs I raced, 3 left out of 24, none of them raced out. They definitely weren't all rubbish, most of that failure must be down to me.

I've 12 of my 2008 YBs left. As yearlings, 4 did coast, 1 Ypres. Now 2 y-o, they are hopefully all going across channel 2010, so looking forward to that.