pigeons left

kingbilly2

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if say you breed 100 young birds how many doo you think would be left at 3 year old if they flow the alll young bird program and flew out to 350mls as yearlins and got sent acros the chanel at 2year old at 459mls  ;) ;) ;) ;)

hard to say Tam as some years are better y/bs than other years but i would say  flying out as y/bs full prog 40 left  yearlings to the coast 450mls  23  2 y/olds maybe a 15 2 y/olds 10if lucky  thats taken into account culling end of each season  JMO BUT WOULD HOPE MORE

I would expect to loose and dump youngsters down to about 50% of what I start with. After that I expect to loose about 10%/20% per year.

But when you are dealing with 100, you would most likely loose a lot more because they would be subject to overcrowding and the stresses associated with it. But it would not be that I would be concerned about. I would be worried that the birds would not perform well enough. I have 16 cocks to race and they are a very good team. So this year's young cocks are going to have to be very good for them to be selected for the team. And that is how I like it.

Anto into your Area which is the Hardest Route in the World you would be doing well to get 3 and thats when the 98% sh**- rule kicks in. ;)

yes and wee think whe have it hard in the west of scotland the bigest problem is the ones that hold on to them till thare 3 year old to try them then boom nothing :o :o :o

yes and wee think whe have it hard in the west of scotland the bigest problem is the ones that hold on to them till thare 3 year old to try them then boom nothing :o :o :o

your right tam you do think you have it hard when the truth is nobody has it easy . i have 1 5 year old 2 4 year old 6 3 year olds . i normaly breed about 50 youngsters

There is no guarantee how many birds you will get back from a race as all it takes is one bad liberation.

I have been lucky this last 8 years but 10 years ago I had 33 young birds that won every single young bird race. They came out again as yearlings and won the first 4 old bird races and on the 5 race they hit thick fog on the channel I lost 17 from 23 sent and I was one of the lucky ones. How many of them 17 lost would have went on to be good 2 and 3 year olds I will never know because of that one bad  liberation.

Anto into your Area which is the Hardest Route in the World you would be doing well to get 3 and thats when the 98% sh**- rule kicks in. ;)

your very much right bigda some of the best birds ive ever clocked out

of france were yearlings that were never over the water as young birds

theres very few that home again after doing it once your very right

about the sh** fanciers sending birds that couldent fly over the kitchen

sink you need birds bread for the job to much dirt been sent and we all

pay the prise for them they cant clock these birds from a land race so

they think the bird will fly 3 chanels to be clocked

There is no guarantee how many birds you will get back from a race as all it takes is one bad liberation.

I have been lucky this last 8 years but 10 years ago I had 33 young birds that won every single young bird race. They came out again as yearlings and won the first 4 old bird races and on the 5 race they hit thick fog on the channel I lost 17 from 23 sent and I was one of the lucky ones. How many of them 17 lost would have went on to be good 2 and 3 year olds I will never know because of that one bad  liberation.

Let us know how you got on with the 5 that got through and how they were bred. ;)

Quoted from budgie

Anto into your Area which is the Hardest Route in the World you would be doing well to get 3 and thats when the 98% sh**- rule kicks in.

getting bigda and budgie mixed up there anto

suppose its an easy mistake to make ;D ;D

Guest Jargre-
10 if you are lucky
Very lucky Id say Bob, mob flyer near me sent a ton of birds last year lost 89% of them in first race.   Good question though as I asked the guy who is an awesome flyer wasn't he bothered and he just shrugged.  I cry if one is a day late.   :'( :'( :o ??)

Quoted from budgie

Anto into your Area which is the Hardest Route in the World you would be doing well to get 3 and thats when the 98% sh**- rule kicks in.

getting bigda and budgie mixed up there anto

suppose its an easy mistake to make ;D ;D

HANG OVER MATE SORRY LADS :)

Let us know how you got on with the 5 that got through and how they were bred. ;)

They where same way bred as the brothers and sisters that got lost (Hartogs). To tell the truth I think the 5 that made it went up the land into scotland before crossing and by going that way they where always going to be late. A lot of the fanciers birds where reported washed up on the beach at Wexford. 4 of the ones that got lost had been at the same race as young birds and all 4 home in 15 mins.