why bid for birds and not pay ?

clyde

Guest vander mungo

ive lost 3 members of my family to cancer, anyone one who can abuse a cause like this , should hang thier head in shame .and leave this forum forever

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well i think tease persistant offenders should be delt with i dont care if its name and shame or not allowed to bid again dont know how the mods could police that or even both they wont be so keen to do it again thats 3 sales that we know of if they will do that and they are selling birds on here as gold members then as far as iam concerned they are to be watched i wouldnt believe anything they say

A RIGHT TO BID REGISTER SHOULD BE ISSUED B4 A SALE STARTS STIPULATING ANY BIDDER NOT COMPLETING A WINNING BID WTHIN 48 HRS  WILL BE BANNED 4 THE NXT 4  SALES

seems to me these members need to be banned from bidding and donating to any sale for life.When the organisers set a date for sales to finish and then give a date for money to be paid that should be the finish.I am shore it must be upsetting for the organisers and also the members who have donated to wait for money to come in and then be let down by the none payers.NAME AND SHAME AND PUT A STOP TO THESE SO CALLED PIGEON FANCIERS.

i think we have to get this thread in order here i,ll hold my hands up and admit my payment is a little late due to work commitments some fanciers might have genuine reasons for late payments if you want to go down the line of name and shameing people i could shock you but thats not the way to do things  yours  KEVIN FINLEY (mackems)  ;)

Try and respond to a few things have read on the thread.

1/ - Watching new members joining during an auction - As a site we want new members joining and making aware of the site - When we put the Maddy sale into the magazine it cost the site to do so - Happy to do it however a few new members from the advert is a nice bonus to us.

As for the sales, each sale (if not run by the site) operates under slightly different rules and that is to the organisers discretion - We as a site request information for the sale organisers on failed bidders and in some cases - Username for lots sold via pm.

There is protection for sellers on this site - Two gold members are currently in a process regarding this at the moment and once instructed to do so we will take it up with the failed buyer.

We wont be doing too much at the moment as to be honest we are all flat out with sorting the site out and getting things ready to go down.

We are aware of those who continue to fail to honour agreements and the organisers of sales were informed and then it was left to there discrection whether to leave bids on or retract them.

Not much else we can say it on.

Chris, i no that you and the Fifer is busy with getting the site up to scratch, but once all is well, i think a decision on who has not payed in any sale should be dealt with severley, if its a 3 month ban or what, they shouldnt be allowed to continue doing this to others, who may could have got the birds, and its a shame that the cause is going to suffer becuase of these people.  >:(

i think we have to get this thread in order here i,ll hold my hands up and admit my payment is a little late due to work commitments some fanciers might have genuine reasons for late payments if you want to go down the line of name and shameing people i could shock you but thats not the way to do things  yours  KEVIN FINLEY (mackems)  ;)

Kevin at least you have came forward and explained yer situation mate, and also have paid, its about the wans that havent even bothered too, or came up with some kind of waffle.  :)

Guest strapper

if someone has a problem paying then they should advise the persons involved that is the case asap...not keep promising them.

if someone is known to have bid on birds several times and doesnt pay then surely its a case of ..why put up with it any longer and ban them.

if this is how they operate then what good do they bring to the site but create problems for decent members.

if someone has a problem paying then they should advise the persons involved that is the case asap...not keep promising them.

if someone is known to have bid on birds several times and doesnt pay then surely its a case of ..why put up with it any longer and ban them.

if this is how they operate then what good do they bring to the site but create problems for decent members.

Sureley when people are bidding on certain birds Paul, they no how much they can go up too/afford, i dont believe in the auld saying, trying to keep up with the jonesseys,  :)

Guest frank dooman

Sureley when people are bidding on certain birds Paul, they no how much they can go up too/afford, i dont believe in the auld saying, trying to keep up with the jonesseys,  :)

keep jonsey out of it ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Guest strapper

i agree m8 100% ;)

Kevin at least you have came forward and explained yer situation mate, and also have paid, its about the wans that havent even bothered too, or came up with some kind of waffle.  :)

THATS SPOT ON CEM THIS LADS BEEN HONEST AND UP FRONT BUT SOME OF THESE LADS ARE DOING THIS ON MORE THAN 1 OCCASSION    

THATS SPOT ON CEM THIS LADS BEEN HONEST AND UP FRONT BUT SOME OF THESE LADS ARE DOING THIS ON MORE THAN 1 OCCASSION    

Yes a no mate, and hopefully the wans who have still to pay they read what has been written, and get paid,  :-/

after doing 2 sales on hear still learning how to do them without any problems. i think pm bids should be allowed but only from proven payers. as for not letting new members not bid on a sale till they have put up x amount of post.that to me would be wrong as i told a few fanciers about sales on hear some of them joined only to try and buy birds.i will guess a few other members have done the same. would it be possible to put a list up of members who you can guarantee will pay for a bird they have bided on in a sale.if it is possible if your name is on that list then you can bid via pm at any sale. as i have seen at auctions A out biding B so as B does not get the bird . then asked A why did you buy that so as B did not get it.

Personaly I think bidders should log their Names, address's and contact details with the those running the auctions and failure to pay should the be banned from further auctions. It is a huge ammount of work running these auctions never mind having to chase people for money. Yes there may be times when bidders circumstances change bt these could possibly be taken into account if felt appropriate.

JMO.

Al.

Guest vander mungo

exactly,STRAPPER this site has some decent members, and some not so.lets weed them out.we can do this without admim,by just ignoring there new threads and replys to ours.

Guest Jargre-

Most are very good buyers on here and pay on time, had one occasion where a member here bought a bird on another site and backed out saying he had to go to hospital and in all fairness did say he'd cover losses if needed, maybe I could have called his bluff but why should I, I had no reason to think he was lying and if he was then he would be the bad one not me.  The bird sold easily so no worries, most people are above board, you soon get to identify the wrong ones and just don't even reply to them next time.  

Guest steve1952
i think Cemetary and LenwadeBob, have a combination of the right and a fair answer . new members to have at least 2oo posts before able to bid , and if established and do not pay a 3 month ban on future sales ,do it twice and a complete ban on sales ?? what do you think?? .   andy.

200 posts would mean you and me cant bid, and ive just paid for 1 i bid on, but i agree something needs doing to stop it

i know where your coming from lads ive donated birds off stock i have paid thousands for they have gone for next to nothing but at least they have paid i sold a few birds on here for pennies they did.nt even bother picking birds up or send any monies those fanciers know who they are but i,m not bitter its a hobbie not a buisness for me  cheers kev 8)

i know where your coming from lads ive donated birds off stock i have paid thousands for they have gone for next to nothing but at least they have paid i sold a few birds on here for pennies they did.nt even bother picking birds up or send any monies those fanciers know who they are but i,m not bitter its a hobbie not a buisness for me  cheers kev 8)

kevin you have been up front it seems obivous that through commitments your payment might have been latchy but a pm sorts that out

the problem is the guys who bid and have no intension of buying i think in these auctions you might find some are at it knocking the price up

i would like to see at the end of each sale the bids made by pm and the bids posted and all who do not pay after giving due notice of payment this will stop the ones knocking up prices and identify who if any are at it  and the none payers who in my opinion should be removed from the forum JMO

Guest mick bowler

well i think thease persistant offenders should be delt with i dont care if its name and shame or not allowed to bid again dont know how the mods could police that or even both they wont be so keen to do it again thats 3 sales that we know of if they will do that and they are selling birds on here as gold members then as far as iam concerned they are to be watched i wouldnt believe anything they say

Frank, the gold member concerned was on another site where the sale was and well not on this site, sorry i never made it that clear. It was obviously not a one off as i have been informed he is still owing on the H4H sale they did on there. It seems he is happy to take peoples money, sometimes falsley (and i have proof of that too!!) but reluctant to pay it out. The other site dont seem interested but maybe its a lesson for this forum on how gold members should be regulated.