west section

caitlin

Looking forward as to what you send in 2010 to 500mls races mate,are you aspiring to compete with the big boys mate.

Or are you just making conversation. :-/ ;D ;D ;D

think he is stating the obvious vince  ;)

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUESTION FOR THE SOUTH BOYS??

ON A 12 OR 1PM LIB WOULD YOU BOYS EXSPECT TO TIME ON THE SHIFT FROM SOME OF THE CHANNEL RACES ,

:) :)

When you do the calculations regarding velocities and speed then it always looks poss but the few midday libs I can remember it just didny happen.

won by john bosworths the graduate,2000 was a very tough messac race with few in race time.l :) :) :) :) :)

Hoody, yer pal Bozzy wont like you not knowing what race he won  :P ;D ;DThe Graduate won Rennes 1997, 21 home in race time .John Bosworth just pipped Davy Donaldson ( in the west ) for 1st Open. Messac was 2000, another tough race where only about 180 birds in race time, this was made up mostly of south birds. I have a cock in loft that was at both races, just missed the first result but scored in second.

When you do the calculations regarding velocities and speed then it always looks poss but the few midday libs I can remember it just didny happen.

what time was the alencon lib

as only 3 made it home on the day

Hoody, yer pal Bozzy wont like you not knowing what race he won  :P ;D ;DThe Graduate won Rennes 1997, 21 home in race time .John Bosworth just pipped Davy Donaldson ( in the west ) for 1st Open. Messac was 2000, another tough race where only about 180 birds in race time, this was made up mostly of south birds. I have a cock in loft that was at both races, just missed the first result but scored in second.

hi derik ,that doo that scored at messac did tit breed anything good ,the reason i ask is i think jock alston won the section with a mealy cock that has bred loads of good birds for him,when its realy tough the top birds shine through  again jmo

alan i certainley would take the job get the aberdeen lads to propose and sec i will have no hesitation in doing the job

Race Controllers are appointed by Management Committee Walter.

hi derik ,that doo that scored at messac did tit breed anything good ,the reason i ask is i think jock alston won the section with a mealy cock that has bred loads of good birds for him,when its realy tough the top birds shine through  again jmo

The bird I am talking about Stuart is `Waterside Blackie'. A champion racer/ breeder for me.Maybe the most under estimated pigeon ever in this area, he won from 60 miles to 570 miles ( from every race point ). In 2001,  from the yb national. Very few pigeons getting into west section as it was a strong north wind, I timed 6 out of 7 pigeons , with all of these birds being children or grand children of Blackie. Five of these birds were in top 20 in west section. He has continued to breed top birds but doesnt fill eggs now.

ps. He flew channel 7 times ;)

i noticed that in the gold cup all the west section position were taking up before the open result finished when was the last time that happened.

Not sure mate, there was 14 in sec c in the open, i was 15th but still happy with that as he was hurt.

cant help it if north doos just like to get on with it  when its tough the tough get going quality always tells no flukes at that distance

like sartilly smash 1993  north sec   7th 14th ??42nd 81st open     only 167 birds in race time 2,500 pigeons i think  ;) ;)

like sartilly smash 1993  north sec   7th 14th ??42nd 81st open     only 167 birds in race time 2,500 pigeons i think  ;) ;)

well done stevie who was controlling

Not sure mate, there was 14 in sec c in the open, i was 15th but still happy with that as he was hurt.

"a" region 57 in open result the last section pos. 31st open

"b" "   "   " 21

"c"          " 14                    

"d"            6

"e"            34    last section pos was 127th open

"f"               1

"g"          none

that race suited the south and the west section. its the best chance the west have had 2 win it for years. the boys in the east or central or north had no chance due 2 the mist.

"a" region 57 in open result the last section pos. 31st open

"b" "   "   " 21

"c"          " 14                    

"d"            6

"e"            34    last section pos was 127th open

"f"               1

"g"          none

that race suited the south and the west section. its the best chance the west have had 2 win it for years. the boys in the east or central or north had no chance due 2 the mist.

I was 32Nd open and a bit pissed but never mind sent the cock back and he was 25Th open Falaise

stevie say what they like the north doos are the hardiest just look back the amount of times they have had to come from edinburgh on ther tod through the elements torrents of rain lightning and some how make it to there lofts unbeliveable for the love of home after most birds are cooped up

like john Williamson 9th open 2 or 3 years ago  when i got a text from the snfc i thought that it was someone from the west sec just clocked but it was john how that bird got through that fog i will never no