1oz of food per day ?

Guest cosmic dave

I've clocked birds from 582 miles and only up the food 10 days before they were sent  ;) some days they don't eat there 1oz  at this time of year i should probably cut the food down to three quarters of an oz  ;)

STOP THE WIND UP THATS WHY MOST THE TIME YOUR BEHIND FEED THEM HUNGRY PIGEONS WIN NOWT

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

give your ybs 1oz aday you wouldnt see them on a hard day from 100 mile .

WELL THATS ALL MY YOUNG BIRDS GET AND THEY WENT ALL THROU THE YOUNG BIRD PROGRAM NO PROBLEM PUT 20 TO 230 MILES AND GOT 18 BACK LOST THE TWO ENGLISH BIRDS I HAD LEFT AND ALL THEY WERE GETING IN THE RACE PROGRAM WAS A ONCE A DAY THATS WAS IT

one thing ive learnt about pigeon racing people wont always tell you tell you what youy want to hear,  especially when it comes to feeding.  After all this is what decides whether your up there on the race sheet or not.  On my first two races I ever had I came last and second from last.  I was told by a good flyer in my club that my birds were in fantastic condition but looked over weight and at this time they were loft flying for 2 hours.  I was only giving them a measured amount of 1 oz at a day at the time,  so I cut the food down even more.  On race day I had 2 come at the same time and came all the way down the sheet to win 6th.  Its trial and error mate,  Some birds dont need as much as others.  Some people win feeding there birds as much as they want and win,  others feed 1 and a half and win,  others 1 oz and win and I know people that dont feed on the Friday at all and still win.  I have based this whole thing on young birds only though.

WELL THATS ALL MY YOUNG BIRDS GET AND THEY WENT ALL THROU THE YOUNG BIRD PROGRAM NO PROBLEM PUT 20 TO 230 MILES AND GOT 18 BACK LOST THE TWO ENGLISH BIRDS I HAD LEFT AND ALL THEY WERE GETING IN THE RACE PROGRAM WAS A ONCE A DAY THATS WAS IT

im looking to the future with the ybs feed plenty trainin 1/ 2 times aweek 25 miles and  win from 60 / 200 in all winds the harder the better for them . if i wanted to win 60 mile only ive feed to the tin  1oz . ive got some cracker 4 /5 /6 year olds.

im looking to the future with the ybs feed plenty trainin 1/ 2 times aweek 25 miles and  win from 60 / 200 in all winds the harder the better for them . if i wanted to win 60 mile only ive feed to the tin  1oz . ive got some cracker 4 /5 /6 year olds.

WE ARE ALL LOOKING TO THE FUTURE WITH OUR YOUNG BIRDS

one thing i will say is every loft is different every bird in there loft is different some feed 1 0z some feed 1 0z 1/4 some feed 1 oz 1/2 if it works for you and you can keep control of your birds feeding x amount and there training raceing well on that amount why change old saying if not broken why fix it but all to your own i feed 1 oz 1/4 going up to 1oz 1/2 and so on but works for me when ive had them training never lost 1 and they have always trapped fast no flying around above lofts when they arrive back fold up straight to trap and back in time will tell about the raceing part as first season ob yb raceing coming season but at the moment everythink is ticking over well keeping to the same rutein day in day out

all the best

common sence post cracking answer but very true

Guest mick bowler

One to one and a half oz is ample for fit healthy race fit birds, for races to 250 miles. Birds on form will barely eat an oz, if prepared right and are healthy of course (no worms etc).