Machiel Buijk Jan Aardens

pault

Guest youngzimmy

del its been going that way over  the years just getting more and more expencive to buy a doo but i take your point on  pre bid and then auction  it is  a bit greedy of them what is wrong with sell the doo at a decent price and that is that

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They do look nice but you can go to Holland and pick 6 baby's up from some one that races very well for the same price.

they allways look better when they are winning i have seen pigeons that are so ugly that it makes you sick looking at them but when they start to bring the prices in they turn in to show birds in your eye's.

it's what's in side them what makes the pigeon.

you pay your money and take your chance but you do not have to spend lots if you look in the right places.

del its been going that way over  the years just getting more and more expencive to buy a doo but i take your point on  pre bid and then auction  it is  a bit greedy of them what is wrong with sell the doo at a decent price and that is that

i dont see a problem with buying doos,do your homework and identify the fancier and performances that you want,make contact with the fancier and if ok arrange a visit,if you are happy with the fanciers birds ask if you can buy some possibly latebreds from his there best or maybe youngsters to race,i think fanciers today are too quick to buy doos on impulse from bhw, internet,and other avenues without doing the spadework,get off your backsides and go and find these good birds they are there if you look hard enough. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;):)

At Blackpool show last year there was a sale on behalf of Lowik Brothers.

In that sale there was a pigeon which had been bred by Bob Mc Donald which they bought at his sale.

This made me think about why a Dutch loft bought a Scottish pigeon when that family originated in Holland.

I'm not sure whether or not I have reached a conclusion yet.

Guest youngzimmy

you have to buy them to try them if you dont there is no point in titting on the fringes passing coments on somthing you realy dont now the answer to one way or the other  talk is cheap

• 3 weeks later...