Ets advice

neila

Not had the Ets before but thinking of getting one the cub doesn’t have one either so I would probably have to buy any requirements the club would need as I would have to just race for fed honours but use my cub mark

what ones do members recommend and what kind of cost would I be looking at for basic set up

thanks for any advice  

Thank you so upnto  £400 will give me the clock and a pad ? Plus any connections etc 

how much would the clubs requirements be ? I think I would have to pay for that as the clubs not keen on ETS and I would think doubtful that they club will invest i equipment 

I wouldn’t recommend the Unikon system to any one trying to purchase a system. The problems that we have seen this year after their last upgrade. Think the software is so old,they are only patching it to keep it going.  
If buying a new system they usually give the club system on loan to the club.

john b

8 hours ago, Mattydoos79 said:

Unikon are popular among clubs but the basic are cost around £300 to 400 but there are second hand ones from 150 upwards just look around but I’m sure your club can help too 

a new unikon system costs over £600     and ive not seen any second hand ones  going for less than £250/£300

1 hour ago, neila said:

Thank you so upnto  £400 will give me the clock and a pad ? Plus any connections etc 

how much would the clubs requirements be ? I think I would have to pay for that as the clubs not keen on ETS and I would think doubtful that they club will invest i equipment 

Why is your club not keen on ETS? It’s the latest way of clocking in your birds also this is 21st century not the stone ages anymore 

15 minutes ago, Mattydoos79 said:

Why is your club not keen on ETS? It’s the latest way of clocking in your birds also this is 21st century not the stone ages anymore 

They are very much against it but I would like it even if I race for fed cards and not club cards 

You would require a ring marker plus a base station. In Scotland most of the base stations are the older profi . Most of the new base stations are the champ. The champ ets clock works in the profi club base station but the profi clock does not fit in the champ base station. The Unikon champ,Bricon and benzing systems allow member to input their own ring numbers,colours and sex. The profi requires Unikon software on lab top to do the above.

hope this helps

john b

28 minutes ago, jbee said:

You would require a ring marker plus a base station. In Scotland most of the base stations are the older profi . Most of the new base stations are the champ. The champ ets clock works in the profi club base station but the profi clock does not fit in the champ base station. The Unikon champ,Bricon and benzing systems allow member to input their own ring numbers,colours and sex. The profi requires Unikon software on lab top to do the above.

hope this helps

john b

Benzing G2 clocks require the software on the laptop and require a Club system to be used in conjunction with this. The M2 allows the member to do it themselves. :)