Lanarkshire

Joe_b

The FORECAST said winds in excess of 25mph gusting to 40mph. In reality the wind forecast hasn't materialised that far north, its like that south of Hull but definitely not at Hexham according to what I was told and I've no reason whatsoever to doubt it.

Makes no odds to me one way or the other im no racing another pigeon this year so I've no axe to grind but it is what it is not what was forecast.

The FORECAST said winds in excess of 25mph gusting to 40mph. In reality the wind forecast hasn't materialised that far north, its like that south of Hull but definitely not at Hexham according to what I was told and I've no reason whatsoever to doubt it.

Makes no odds to me one way or the other im no racing another pigeon this year so I've no axe to grind but it is what it is not what was forecast.

Two weeks in a row that everyone should've been at the racepoint imo

John all depends what forecast you go by, check my post on your Facebook page and forecast for Saturday morning at Hexham 14/17 mph wind and this is from Met. Office, same as you John no axe to grind as I haven’t raced a bird all year due to Covid but surely birds must be at race point if any chance of a race.

John all depends what forecast you go by, check my post on your Facebook page and forecast for Saturday morning at Hexham 14/17 mph wind and this is from Met. Office, same as you John no axe to grind as I haven’t raced a bird all year due to Covid but surely birds must be at race point if any chance of a race.

100% Jim and the rules of the Fed about delayed basketting does not state if the next day looks better then we just wait.

The rule, and I was the Pres when it was introduced to coincide with having our own transporters, states Very Very clearly. Unless it is IMPODSIBLE to race on the Saturday the birds must be at the racepoint as scheduled.

Racing today was NOT IMPOSSIBLE, difficult or extremely difficult depending where you are and what time you libbed yes it was, but it was not impossible to race. If the controller decides when at the racepoint that a holdover is necessary due to weather conditions then they are held. But they most certainly should be on site ready for release if the rule is applied correctly. There is no dubiety the rule was very carefully worded to ensure the birds would be on site on the specified day. If the cards fall against a lib then so be it but this rule has been ignored more than any other in the book by the officials charged to implement it.

100% Jim and the rules of the Fed about delayed basketting does not state if the next day looks better then we just wait.

The rule, and I was the Pres when it was introduced to coincide with having our own transporters, states Very Very clearly. Unless it is IMPODSIBLE to race on the Saturday the birds must be at the racepoint as scheduled.

Racing today was NOT IMPOSSIBLE, difficult or extremely difficult depending where you are and what time you libbed yes it was, but it was not impossible to race. If the controller decides when at the racepoint that a holdover is necessary due to weather conditions then they are held. But they most certainly should be on site ready for release if the rule is applied correctly. There is no dubiety the rule was very carefully worded to ensure the birds would be on site on the specified day. If the cards fall against a lib then so be it but this rule has been ignored more than any other in the book by the officials charged to implement it.

100% Agree John