Racing Youngbirds Without Any Training

BANDIT

Suicide like taking 10 4yearolds

Swiming baths chuck them in deep

End see what happens 2or3 lessons

Makes a difference

My Brother, like many more take babies and simply put them into the deep end. They normally sink a mite ... know instinctively to hold their breath and quickly are able to get around. Never ever heard of a case that a Baby has come to harm. Like wise these many thesis of so many folks have never been tried or tested. Just personal thoughts based on a humanity thesis.

Makes me smile when a prisoner returns to it's former loft with no training or experience.

New born grass eating animals can, do, and will run within 3/4 of an hour. Baby birds leave their' nest and in many cases having never seen an adult fly, they quickly take to the air. I've yet to see any human there abouts teaching them

Albatrosses' home from 000's of miles when needs be, having no previous. Moths emigrate 3000 miles and back having never been there be fore. Butterflies can travel 9000 miles etc. Yet we, with an air of self knowledge know better than the pigeons... indeed how to train and teach them lol.

Training is no more than a reason to put mileage under their wings if need. Plus single tosses no more than an added value - if needed, than to strengthen the heart.

Let me state here and now, no one, but no one can teach a pigeon anything regards homing. Gosh we don't even know how they do it! Yet we know better. I should co - coa.

Even last year a very good results shows that the Magnetic field has no bearing whatsoever on how they do it. Also Sun Spots have no bearing.

Another thing for certain, and one can make all the reasons / excuses / theories galore if a pigeon doesn't want to home, it won't!

Maybe 2 years later or so it make if it feels like it. Then of course it's the adage it was held prisoner ... maybe, but more likely not.

Simple reality is that they can! Thus we can enjoy our sport.

My Brother, like many more take babies and simply put them into the deep end. They normally sink a mite ... know instinctively to hold their breath and quickly are able to get around. Never ever heard of a case that a Baby has come to harm. Like wise these many thesis of so many folks have never been tried or tested. Just personal thoughts based on a humanity thesis.

Makes me smile when a prisoner returns to it's former loft with no training or experience.

New born grass eating animals can, do, and will run within 3/4 of an hour. Baby birds leave their' nest and in many cases having never seen an adult fly, they quickly take to the air. I've yet to see any human there abouts teaching them

Albatrosses' home from 000's of miles when needs be, having no previous. Moths emigrate 3000 miles and back having never been there be fore. Butterflies can travel 9000 miles etc. Yet we, with an air of self knowledge know better than the pigeons... indeed how to train and teach them lol.

Training is no more than a reason to put mileage under their wings if need. Plus single tosses no more than an added value - if needed, than to strengthen the heart.

Let me state here and now, no one, but no one can teach a pigeon anything regards homing. Gosh we don't even know how they do it! Yet we know better. I should co - coa.

Even last year a very good results shows that the Magnetic field has no bearing whatsoever on how they do it. Also Sun Spots have no bearing.

Another thing for certain, and one can make all the reasons / excuses / theories galore if a pigeon doesn't want to home, it won't!

Maybe 2 years later or so it make if it feels like it. Then of course it's the adage it was held prisoner ... maybe, but more likely not.

Simple reality is that they can! Thus we can enjoy our sport.

So are you saying that untrained pigeons that don't home from their first race do know the way home but something else has prevented them from doing so.

Some truth Williedoo. I'm saying MOST do know their' way back ... if they can be bothered. If not, then they certainly won't hurry if they don't want to. Also, saying that, there is NOTHING that you, me, or any one else can say, let alone do, that will alter the fact.

Yes I also realise that moods, fitness and desires to home can and do vary. They may certainly take a different view and win a few shortly after a poor day or two away. But most that don't care, be bothered seldom change their' minds.

I had a great fancier at my loft when a later bird arrived. I handed it to him and said 'I'd guess you'd cull it'.

After handling he said 'No, I'd leave in a nest box where it can see it's mate. Then put in a basket away from the loft 2 -3 days then take to the club, THEN I'd pool it next week because it's starting the beam'. It did too. Took it's first card.

I was trying to break and race some birds in 1984 when I started up again.

Had 24 from another loft who was packing up. Barry said 'He has some good birds, but not a lot what to do with them'.

Any way the blue cock bird was back and forth between lofts.

Send it Grantham as a trainer early week. Was on big youngsters. He went back to old loft.

I fetched and left it with the youngsters and removed the hen bird.

He now had a reason, want or desire to stay / home. Sent it that week to Frazerbough. 2nd Club and 9th fed.

We can only guess - hopefully with an experience eye, what we may do that will bring it on.

Let's be truthful here. A bird can be 100% fit and we believe ready to star. Only to be back late, or at best propping up the list come race night.

So he wanted to be back.

You get the exception just

Look at the races over the

Last few years all over britain

Losses in their thousands with

Human's help feed schooling

Health and everything that goes

With it so were their homing

Instick gone to kick in aim

Not hearing many returning unless

Its in stray basckets everbody

To their own mine's is train

And hard 4 x50miles every week

And thats on top of their races

Training just don't teach them

To home weather hawks other doos

No substitute for experience

Every man to their own

Guest johnhunter

So are you saying that untrained pigeons that don't home from their first race do know the way home but something else has prevented them from doing so.

another cracker ROLAND

Experience.... I suppose youngster don't, if ever range / roam. A contented experience flown with zest and a want to fly!

Where does one think they go? For a natter up the church? For a few chips in Town Centres or Morrison's?

They roam at least miles upon miles. 50 / 60 miles or more and still don't get lost ... well some decide not to bother coming back.

So then we - I don't, heaven forbid - take them up the road in 3 - 5 mile stages losing some most times saying 'Gosh... just think of those that don't train'!

Having a few No returns as one goes along eh. So I see, and nigh 'ALL you do' where 13 or less from 60 etc. is regrettable, but THAT'S today - said.

Maybe they get peeved off with the constant 'Up the Road'.

I'd wager any one that taking 20 of the 60 in turns 50 miles would at least be as good losses wise than this molly coddling short stages.

I'd also wager that - in rotation just sending them to the races result would be at least as good, and most likely better. Certainly far less losses.

If you can, you do... if you can't, won't don't call those that do. Simple.