Conditioning New Birds

BANDIT

After the race in season is finished doos should not be giving anything apart of fresh water and clean grub and grit anything not coming up to scratch should be pout in the bin there week and will go down early next season not unless you have a bad outbreak of something then you're in trouble for breeding and racing the next year always look at the back of your doos if the mat is tight and no marks your birds have had a good moult cheers all the best

I agree with you once the birds are healthy going into the moult leave well alone...and before the breeding / racing season get them tested before breeding or training starts....

I agree with you once the birds are healthy going into the moult leave well alone...and before the breeding / racing season get them tested before breeding or training starts....

Why would you test them if there are no signs of I'll health?

Why would you test them if there are no signs of I'll health?

a pigeon can have worms, high levels of cocci or canker and look well.......a few years back my birds looked a million dollars small round firm droppings...the birds would have won in a show pen but i was dropping them each race ... got them tested and they had bacterial infection plus fungal infection...treated them the losses stopped and they started scoring again...a healthy looking pigeon is not always healthy inside...good dropping dont equal good health.

a pigeon can have worms, high levels of cocci or canker and look well.......a few years back my birds looked a million dollars small round firm droppings...the birds would have won in a show pen but i was dropping them each race ... got them tested and they had bacterial infection plus fungal infection...treated them the losses stopped and they started scoring again...a healthy looking pigeon is not always healthy inside...good dropping dont equal good health.

What harm would it do to worm,cocci or camker treat without a positive test?

What harm would it do to worm,cocci or camker treat without a positive test?

none... I have blind treated in the past and any birds that I bring in get blind treated or a bird that has been missing that returns gets the same treatment. getting them tested gives you an over all picture of their health.

What did you treat them with and who done your tests?

none... I have blind treated in the past and any birds that I bring in get blind treated or a bird that has been missing that returns gets the same treatment. getting them tested gives you an over all picture of their health.

Sorry for the questions but I am a bit negative when it comes to testing. ....regarding your bacterial/fungal infection. ...was it something that you removed from daily use that cured the problem or did you medicate?

What did you treat them with and who done your tests?

an antibiotic was sent down by the vet for 5 days then the usual nystatin again 5 days..birds lost a bit of condition after the meds but started to score again and losses stopped.... so birds looked better before the meds than after them.. big difference was they performed better....

Sorry for the questions but I am a bit negative when it comes to testing. ....regarding your bacterial/fungal infection. ...was it something that you removed from daily use that cured the problem or did you medicate?

A vet sent down an antibiotic and nystation and this got the birds performing again...everyone that saw my birds said they were in super condition and couldnt believe i was dropping so many.

A vet sent down an antibiotic and nystation and this got the birds performing again...everyone that saw my birds said they were in super condition and couldnt believe i was dropping so many.

Good stuff.

You deffo never changed ventilation,grain at the same time you were treating?