Sir Rod Stewart & Co

ghostrider

Great British Empire is put to shame. Military service must be the only criteria for knighthood. Even homosexual Elton John is a knight. Pathetic!

"The first military orders of knighthood were of Knights Hospitaller and of the Holy Sepulchre, both founded at the First Crusade of 1099, followed by the Order of Saint Lazarus (1100) Knights Templar (1118) and the Teutonic Knights (1190)."

What's your views on this?

Well it seems you've got a decent grip on history .However it seems to me that modern knights depends only on how much tax they've paid over their lifetime .Crucial question is do you not like Rod Stewart hes brought a lot of people smiles and happiness and the best chat up line for years .."do you think I'm sexy " now who among us hasnt asked that of a wife girlfriend ? Christ man he deserves to be called Sir just for that .By the way if Rabbie Burns was alive today wouldnt it be SIR ROBERT BURNS .

All the best

Even homosexual Elton John is a knight. Pathetic!

So is your openly homophobic attitude !! What a statement to make on an open forum.

Take a look at the literally hundreds of millions of pounds / dollars Elton John has raised throughout his professional life. If the Laws of the Land dictates he is eligible for such an award, well fair play to him. Rod Stewarts' award is for his services to the Arts and charity. Good on ya mate.

I'm sure all the charities you both support would add their humble thanks also.

Guest johnhunter

So is your openly homophobic attitude !! What a statement to make on an open forum.

Take a look at the literally hundreds of millions of pounds / dollars Elton John has raised throughout his professional life. If the Laws of the Land dictates he is eligible for such an award, well fair play to him. Rod Stewarts' award is for his services to the Arts and charity. Good on ya mate.

I'm sure all the charities you both support would add their humble thanks also.

showman ,jimmy Saville made millions for charity, so is that ok also

Guest johnhunter

What on earth has Jimmy Saville got to do with this ?

the law of the land as you say dictated that Saville become a sir,all because he made millions for charity,the rest is history ,aye money does talk

You said "the charities you both support which tars me with his views you should have said "the charities you support "as you were replying to his post and his comments not mine .

Ok that clear the air

sandy

I think he meant the charities that Elton and Rod support

Showman---

If you read my post you will see I was commenting on and not agreeing with .

dont tar me with that brush "both support " I resent that .

and yes wtf has Saville got to do with Rod Stewart ?

Only conection that i can see is that both were/are good Celtic supporters :emoticon-0136-giggle::emoticon-0136-giggle:

I have my doubts about the greatness of the British Empire since most of the countries, let alone the peoples, were raped in a sense by the British invaders, however the sentiment of a knighthood being a military honour rings true to a point.

For quite some time, a knighthood has been bestowed for non-military reasons. It remains, nevertheless, an honour.

Even in the days when it was bestowed for military purposes, it was at times incorrectly bestowed and "wrong uns" received it. There is always room for a "wrong un" to receive it in modern times, this, however, does not alter the fact that it is an honour. :)

I have my doubts about the greatness of the British Empire since most of the countries, let alone the peoples, were raped in a sense by the British invaders, however the sentiment of a knighthood being a military honour rings true to a point.

For quite some time, a knighthood has been bestowed for non-military reasons. It remains, nevertheless, an honour.

Even in the days when it was bestowed for military purposes, it was at times incorrectly bestowed and "wrong uns" received it. There is always room for a "wrong un" to receive it in modern times, this, however, does not alter the fact that it is an honour. :)

I agree,none should be knighted for killing, apart from maybe bravery in the 2 WWs, and certainly not given to friends of politicians,the most corrupt of our society. :drinking-coffee-200: