Gold Cup

geordie1234

Nor do I Geo.

This isn't what Ricky said,but I think it's time we should be discrediting the fancy for continuously allowing this kind of thing to happen.

I for one am discrediting myself very much for sending three of my favourite pigeons to a distance and in weather conditions that we all knew fair well there was probably a 1 in 5 chance of ever seeing them again.

If this is the future of long distance racing into Scotland, I doubt I'll be a part of it much longer.

Correct but the controllers must have seen what a blind man seen for once I thought they should have been held

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well race finished into central Scotland and it's a blank for me,I sent the best two birds in the loft and like many others it's been a long weekend with nothing to show for it.

After flying the gold cup now for 40 years they do not get any easier and as always every 4 or 5 years we get a howler and unfortunately this is it!!!! Not sure about the coming weeks and any plans for racing will be put on hold for a day or two to take stock,so chin up lads have a wee rest and get going again. :partick-thistle-Crest:

Nor do I Geo.

This isn't what Ricky said,but I think it's time we should be discrediting the fancy for continuously allowing this kind of thing to happen.

I for one am discrediting myself very much for sending three of my favourite pigeons to a distance and in weather conditions that we all knew fair well there was probably a 1 in 5 chance of ever seeing them again.

If this is the future of long distance racing into Scotland, I doubt I'll be a part of it much longer.

Myself 0/8, four of these birds have SNFC diplomas, two of them have 2 diplomas. I couldn't have got them better and backed that by slamming plenty of cash on them.Without doubt this is one of the worst channel races in history and lets not kid ourselves about it. Its became a *expletive removed* lottery. The SNRPC always get better races than us, maybe its because they haven't a north or south section and the birds run up the coast and cut across in dribs and drabs after hitting co path or Dunbar, I pointed this fact out in another thread. The Snrpc have less birds in a crate, they use Geraldy with better access to water, they have the birds welfare at heart first and foremost. Its about time we stopped the selfish,political, egotistical p ish that is killing this poor sport. Get the game sorted expletive remove. Id start with 1. Central marking for channel races 2. Geraldy transportation with less birds in crate 3.Professional controlling 4.Outside haulier 5.New forward thinking committee/officials that have a great knowledge of distance racing and the tradition of the SNFC. 6.Flexibility on marking dates....I have never thought of leaving the SNFC to join the wee national but it definitely looks an option for 2017 if things don't dramatically change.

Myself 0/8, four of these birds have SNFC diplomas, two of them have 2 diplomas. I couldn't have got them better and backed that by slamming plenty of cash on them.Without doubt this is one of the worst channel races in history and lets not kid ourselves about it. Its became a *expletive removed* lottery. The SNRPC always get better races than us, maybe its because they haven't a north or south section and the birds run up the coast and cut across in dribs and drabs after hitting co path or Dunbar, I pointed this fact out in another thread. The Snrpc have less birds in a crate, they use Geraldy with better access to water, they have the birds welfare at heart first and foremost. Its about time we stopped the selfish,political, egotistical p ish that is killing this poor sport. Get the game sorted expletive remove. Id start with 1. Central marking for channel races 2. Geraldy transportation with less birds in crate 3.Professional controlling 4.Outside haulier 5.New forward thinking committee/officials that have a great knowledge of distance racing and the tradition of the SNFC. 6.Flexibility on marking dates....I have never thought of leaving the SNFC to join the wee national but it definitely looks an option for 2017 if things don't dramatically change.

WELL SAID ,

Also del, we marked a day later which might have helped

Also del, we marked a day later which might have helped

Another bugbear of mine, SNFC longer in the basket for no reason!!!

Clocked my Alencon north sect winner from last year at 04.46 this morning.

Only 3 birds in clock station this morning.

So provisional 3rd sect and silver award. Total elation

Well done Jim

I had 18/23 on the night frae Littlehampton and 22/23 all in......so am gan tae have to disagree with you there John....0/2 reims

Aye but we aw know it's Easy doon there Stevie.....only jesting lmao

Superb effort Jim ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

dereck you going to stand for president????

Ive been asked that many times Peter but my straight talking and lack of diplomacy wouldn't suit a lot of folk. However, I do believe its needing a major shake up to get rid of the cloud over its head.

Edited by Delboy

Del what do you think went wrong I thought the birds would of piled in the next morning from day light onwards but it never happened the birds that's to come must be miles away imo

I havent a clue Ricky but what I would say, its happening too f kin often with the SNFC. There shouldn't be a question about transporters, amount in baskets, convoyers, watering systems, controlling, etc etc etc. Everything should be done in a professional manner by this club, right down to hand picking handlers for marking stations. Im afraid it comes down to the membership to stop this rut and get it back to the good old days when the SNFC was completely trusted and we were the best club in the UK.

very well done to all the guys that timed in im sick as a parrot six of the best birds ive sent to a race in years and not a feather can only hope some turn up soon or anytime for that matter but just have to dust down and get them ready for ypres such is distance racing now again well done to all the brave wee birds that got home

one other point I would make is if the majority of scottish fed are flying down the east route then we should be keeping the birds on a line ie; billericky then either eastbourne/folkstone reims keeps the pigeons on a line maybe worth trying cant be any worse than what is happening

for one stop changing the race points every year have some stability maybe that why the snrpc seemed to get a better race from reims as they have stuck with that race point

WELL SAID,SOME SENCE AT LAST! PLUS ADD THAT NO BIRDS HAD BEEN TO

REIMS BEFORE,MANY NEVER SEEN THE CHANNEL BEFORE THEN THE WEATHER !

WHO TO BLAME EASY THE PEOPLE THAT VOTED TO CHANGE REIMS FOR

ALENCON. I SAID THIS BEFORE THE RACE !!

WELL SAID,SOME SENCE AT LAST! PLUS ADD THAT NO BIRDS HAD BEEN TO

REIMS BEFORE,MANY NEVER SEEN THE CHANNEL BEFORE THEN THE WEATHER !

WHO TO BLAME EASY THE PEOPLE THAT VOTED TO CHANGE REIMS FOR

ALENCON. I SAID THIS BEFORE THE RACE !!

Well I was one who went big time for reims? Are you saying alencon has been that good.? :partick-thistle-Crest:

Ye started yer post way 'No disrespect to those who timed in' maybe no trying to be disrespectful but yer post disCredits those timed. This race was better than Littlehampton or the Messac race or half a dozen others in recent times, it's the way Most distance races are going to be in future so we all best get used tae it and give Credit where it's due.

Cast your mind back to 2014 John when you said you would never accept the Alencon Gold Cup race was a race,i was one who had a good bird on the result and to this day I felt sick when I saw your post that day but big well done to you and all who timed this year in the Gold Cup with great birds.

Well Done Jim & Jackie !! Chuffed for you's !!