Loft Flying

sparko

theres a guy next to my loft that when he lets his birds out they are always way higher flying than any of the other 4 lofts birds on the area so my question would be how do you get them to fly that high ,ive tried feeding less but still not the same his are like dots in the sky and only fly for about 15/20 mins

theres a guy next to my loft that when he lets his birds out they are always way higher flying than any of the other 4 lofts birds on the area so my question would be how do you get them to fly that high ,ive tried feeding less but still not the same his are like dots in the sky and only fly for about 15/20 mins

my question would be does he win each week ?

my question would be does he win each week ?

his arnt first bird home each week but he racks up good points and was champion last year even though he didnt win a race but hes always close ,im just trying to find a consistent formula from the versele laga range to compete as im a newbie and this is the only feed we get here my birds are just not in the first birds yet and they are from very good birds in england, a polish guy who races and does ok said he had to change from how he fed in poland to compete here with it being colder so im struggling at the moment to get it right and getting info from the guys here is like getting blood out a stone

his arnt first bird home each week but he racks up good points and was champion last year even though he didnt win a race but hes always close ,im just trying to find a consistent formula from the versele laga range to compete as im a newbie and this is the only feed we get here my birds are just not in the first birds yet and they are from very good birds in england, a polish guy who races and does ok said he had to change from how he fed in poland to compete here with it being colder so im struggling at the moment to get it right and getting info from the guys here is like getting blood out a stone

well try barley and add tic beans when you get out abit then maze you wont go far wrong

Handle he's birds race marking, are yours heavier or lighter, are they of a small type/lighter framed. A couple of things that may help answer your question.

yes i try to handle all the birds at marking day and most of the guys who are beating me seem to have lighter but more filled out birds if you understand what i mean, ive try to lighten mine but they just seem to get a bit keely and dont fly well around the loft when i cut the food back :(

his arnt first bird home each week but he racks up good points and was champion last year even though he didnt win a race but hes always close ,im just trying to find a consistent formula from the versele laga range to compete as im a newbie and this is the only feed we get here my birds are just not in the first birds yet and they are from very good birds in england, a polish guy who races and does ok said he had to change from how he fed in poland to compete here with it being colder so im struggling at the moment to get it right and

getting info from the guys here is like getting blood out a stone

Nothing new there mate, welcome to the wonderful world of Pigeon racing! lol.

Used to live near a guy who's birds used to do exactly the same as your mate's. His birds would go up and up until they were little dots, circle around for 20min or so then slowly wind their way back down. He never won any races unless they were a blow home then he could be well in front of everyone.

Years later I learned that he was feeding Depurative all week to his birds.

Good Luck with your birds.

yes i try to handle all the birds at marking day and most of the guys who are beating me seem to have lighter but more filled out birds if you understand what i mean, ive try to lighten mine but they just seem to get a bit keely and dont fly well around the loft when i cut the food back :(

i think your answer is in your own observation .others birds feel lighter than yours yet "blown up" at basketing. i wouldnt cut your feeding down , yet look to change it . what do feed and when , what quantities etc ? and be-friend the Polish man , he is more likely to tell you things than the other local boys .

hi nick,

start cutting the protein back in the mix your feeding,feed the same amount as your doing every day but a mix with a lot less protein,content

if you can get it where you are,

atb

i think your answer is in your own observation .others birds feel lighter than yours yet "blown up" at basketing. i wouldnt cut your feeding down , yet look to change it . what do feed and when , what quantities etc ? and be-friend the Polish man , he is more likely to tell you things than the other local boys .

Thanks for that Andy and i have tried to get in with him and have but he isnt giving anything away :(

hi nick,

start cutting the protein back in the mix your feeding,feed the same amount as your doing every day but a mix with a lot less protein,content

if you can get it where you are,

atb

we can only get the versele laga range here gerry, depurative ,superstar ,energy,sneaky mix etc etc

we can only get the versele laga range here gerry, depurative ,superstar ,energy,sneaky mix etc etc

Can you get get your hands on barley or maize both carbohydrate and use some in your mixtures to reduce protein.