Lanarkshire Fed

ALF

Guest greegsy

Great race frae carentan when the snfc shat themselves?

No one can guarantee good racing. SNFC Messac, SNFC Alencon 2014 and many more with the best birds in the country it still goes wrong. At least Lanarkshire fulfilled their obligation to get their members a Channel race that weekend, an option open to the SNFC but they were blinded by fear because they lack the experience to deliver.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one can guarantee good racing. SNFC Messac, SNFC Alencon 2014 and many more with the best birds in the country it still goes wrong. At least Lanarkshire fulfilled their obligation to get their members a Channel race that weekend, an option open to the SNFC but they were blinded by fear because they lack the experience to deliver.

I think it was the right call personally

Guest greegsy

I think it was the right call personally

I KNOW they decided there would be NO RACE that weekend but when Lanarkshire called their Delegate meeting with the intention of going to Eastbourne they reversed that decision and announced they were in fact going to ???? Eastbourne. But lanarkshire members decided they wanted a Channel race and got it. So should the SNFC members. imho.

I KNOW they decided there would be NO RACE that weekend but when Lanarkshire called their Delegate meeting with the intention of going to Eastbourne they reversed that decision and announced they were in fact going to ???? Eastbourne. But lanarkshire members decided they wanted a Channel race and got it. So should the SNFC members. imho.

Nah......was quite happy wae eastbourne in the end.....I had a shitter anyway but the channel wusnae great neither was the weather in belgium and the race frae carentan wusnae a stotter by all accounts but very good that lanarkshire went for the channel race...fortune favours the brave

Guest greegsy

Nah......was quite happy wae eastbourne in the end.....I had a shitter anyway but the channel wusnae great neither was the weather in belgium and the race frae carentan wusnae a stotter by all accounts but very good that lanarkshire went for the channel race...fortune favours the brave

Was a stinker for me from Carentan, never seen a feather for 3 days

Eventually I hope.

Guest greegsy

Yer kind of answering yer own questions here greegsy mate

I don't have any questions Dal, I'm delighted Lanarkshire are going alone and I hope it's long term too and I only hope other surrounding Fed's travel along with us and finally get some actual sensible stuff going on, I am sure it will feel strange to some but they'll rally round.................................Maybe :emoticon-0138-thinking:

I don't have any questions Dal, I'm delighted Lanarkshire are going alone and I hope it's long term too and I only hope other surrounding Fed's travel along with us and finally get some actual sensible stuff going on, I am sure it will feel strange to some but they'll rally round.................................Maybe :emoticon-0138-thinking:

Admire what yer trying to roll out but think it's a bit of a jump from a poor carentan race to a good arras race two weeks later in the season with no drag and no birdage?? The ayrshire fed were decimated in birdage long before the channel and other feds contributed very little in nat birdage......Glasgow will surely support the snrpc as that's their organisation? ?? Thin on the ground these birds?

Lanarkshire had 14 good years out of Sartilly and it got changed, so why not change Ypres ????

Not that i think it had anything to do with the voting but the SNFC Treated Lanarkshire with complete contempt when their bottle crashed about transport to Ypres this year, YET!!! unbelievably some Lanarkshire members still wanted to go with them again next year, IT BEGGARS BELIEF and instead of on here shouting their odds they should hang their heads in shame for their selfishness and lack of support for THEIR OWN FEDERATION.

We'll said that man if it's a choice between FED and SNFC next year the FED wins every time and we as a partnership will be joining the SNRPC also next season😎

Guest greegsy

Admire what yer trying to roll out but think it's a bit of a jump from a poor carentan race to a good arras race two weeks later in the season with no drag and no birdage?? The ayrshire fed were decimated in birdage long before the channel and other feds contributed very little in nat birdage......Glasgow will surely support the snrpc as that's their organisation? ?? Thin on the ground these birds?

The way things are it's not working, judging by the racing we are ALL getting, so to keep going the way the sport is just now is to get more of the same, they say if you keep doing the same thing over and over expecting different results it is the first sign of Madness, personally I think the madness arrived about 30 years ago and has continued until now.

SO LETS CHANGE, who knows there may well be benefits to the fanciers and our birds.

The way things are it's not working, judging by the racing we are ALL getting, so to keep going the way the sport is just now is to get more of the same, they say if you keep doing the same thing over and over expecting different results it is the first sign of Madness, personally I think the madness arrived about 30 years ago and has continued until now.

SO LETS CHANGE, who knows there may well be benefits to the fanciers and our birds.

Change to what??? What's diffo? ?? Gan tae France a week later ???? Absolute nonsense. Only change will happen when this two org nonsense stops and folk stop thinking it might be easier to be a hero elsewhere? ?????

Some maybe in Glasgow not everyone,personally I want to race with the one with the biggest birdage.

Change to what??? What's diffo? ?? Gan tae France a week later ???? Absolute nonsense. Only change will happen when this two org nonsense stops and folk stop thinking it might be easier to be a hero elsewhere? ?????

Where is it easier to be a hero.

[/quote

Think where you are situated your own birds might benefit if you joined in even if only for convoying.

There are too many conspiracy theoreticals that when change is mentioned they attack or try to undermine those who want to change things, Especially people who have not a thing to do with what changes transpire in the West of Scotland, Lanarkshire Fed in particular. The way you are picking holes in the mans posts puts you in that category Steven.

Forget all the why are why going with this organisation or that 1 why give percy a 5 course meal every Saturday 1 lib coming into the West of Scotland gives them 1 hit at our doos and maybe our returns will get better east or west coast. .....

[/quote

Think where you are situated your own birds might benefit if you joined in even if only for convoying.

There are too many conspiracy theoreticals that when change is mentioned they attack or try to undermine those who want to change things, Especially people who have not a thing to do with what changes transpire in the West of Scotland, Lanarkshire Fed in particular. The way you are picking holes in the mans posts puts you in that category Steven.

Think you will find that on more than one occasion on this thread I have stated my admiration for the idea of a west coast amalgamation(that's the change you are referring to).

Should probably have posted this on the Lanarkshire fed website if ye didn't want anybody from outside the fed having an opinion on it.

Best of luck with yer racing guys which ever way you decide to do it

Forget all the why are why going with this organisation or that 1 why give percy a 5 course meal every Saturday 1 lib coming into the West of Scotland gives them 1 hit at our doos and maybe our returns will get better east or west coast. .....

Hear Hear Alf and why not?.

Hear Hear Alf and why not?.

I don't know anything about the supposed West Combine meetings that are taking place, but the idea is great, but I have heard this a few times over the years at this time of the year and it comes to nothing, one of the issues is that Lanarkshire has already set it's program for next year when these negotiations are still taking place, so any outcomes will need to revolve around the Lanarkshire program and this is where it might fall down.

I am all for a West Combine joint liberations, but I would like to hear more about what is happening behind the scences, as it all seems to be a chosen few who are involved with it, but I really do hope we have a positive outcome.