Nest Bowls

showman

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For widowhood I like the clay ones. I like the ones that are very deep, before I only had a few, but I conducted an auction and obtained 18 deep deep ones of the fancier that where all handmade and before the last war.

For stock I like the German type with the mesh netting as I like a good air flow around the nests.

For widowhood I like the clay ones. I like the ones that are very deep, before I only had a few, but I conducted an auction and obtained 18 deep deep ones of the fancier that where all handmade and before the last war.

For stock I like the German type with the mesh netting as I like a good air flow around the nests.

i have 9 of the old clay deep bowls , they are all older than me , took me 5 years to get them ,2 another 2 , then 4 and 1 from a clearance . like rocking horse droppings , they are the best in my opinion ,especially for a widow cock to get down into . shame they dont make the terracotta ones in the "old style" :emoticon-0138-thinking:

I find the clay ones wet and become damp underneath when breeding , been porous are prone to frost damage and become brittle and been porous more likely to harbour germs , I like the plastic ones but are a pain to clean but come up great in the dishwasher lol . My uncle was buying bowls at Donny some weren't up to the job and not as wide as I'd of liked may been ok for smaller birds not racers and no doubt would cause curved keels due to the curve and lack of room for the growing young birds.