Powdered Floor Dressings

T_T

Have been using ( no doubt like yourselves,) different powdered floor dressings over many years. Have never been wholly satisfied with them ( not drying damp patches) and some of them stretching the pocket for a small amount of powder. Paid a visit to the Epsom Show this year and came across Respiro-San-Dry, apparently been around for a few years. Didn't take any home but have since ordered a 15kg tub for £30 inclusive of delivery. Anybody else tried it.? Smells good, if it works.

I've used it for 3 years now as my loft is in a damp location. The smell does disappear quickly but my loft is a whole lot better using it than not. It goes on the floor, box perches and nest boxes. Can't compare it to other similar products as this is th only one ive used

Lee

It's been yonks since I used floor white and at the time (and ever since) I believe it to be nothing more than Calcium Carbonate - common garden or agricultural lime - which sold back then at £4 for 20kg. I moved onto Stalosan F for floor, perches & nest boxes. Find it pricey at £25 for 8kg tub., and I can't seen to get the 20kg bag now which was around £30 last time I got hold of one. Wouldn't change now.

It's been yonks since I used floor white and at the time (and ever since) I believe it to be nothing more than Calcium Carbonate - common garden or agricultural lime - which sold back then at £4 for 20kg. I moved onto Stalosan F for floor, perches & nest boxes. Find it pricey at £25 for 8kg tub., and I can't seen to get the 20kg bag now which was around £30 last time I got hold of one. Wouldn't change now.

They all have their good and bad points. Stalosan dyes the feathers red on the lighter coloured pigeons. Their main purpose is to dry off damp patches and cause a barrier between the pigeon and a source of disease. Most anything can do the job to a certain extent.

The main differences lie in the eye of the beholder. :)

I've used it for 3 years now as my loft is in a damp location. The smell does disappear quickly but my loft is a whole lot better using it than not. It goes on the floor, box perches and nest boxes. Can't compare it to other similar products as this is th only one ive used

Lee

Got pigeons delivered last week from Leroy . Absolutely first class condition. look forward to obtaining some young birds next year if I'm not to late with my order.. :emoticon-0137-clapping: