Slugs

andy Burgess

paddymac

you are right that Jeyes is a good product but it is not the best thing to deal with mites and spiders. As I have said before, mites and spiders can be hard to kill so the best products are chemical sprays so that they will absorb the poisons through their skins. During the Summer when the moths and flies are about I use Ardap which leaves a residue on the surfaces of the loft and that controls these nuisances really well. The main down side of Ardap is that it is a horrible stuff to breath in an enclosed space so you need to be very careful with it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

well i have a plan to do some work this weekend . just had a boiler replaced at home , have a few foot of scrap "copper pipe" now , i intend to hammer it flat and screw it to the loft doorway . i understand they cant/wont cross this , so ,a problem solved there then :emoticon-0137-clapping:

well i have a plan to do some work this weekend . just had a boiler replaced at home , have a few foot of scrap "copper pipe" now , i intend to hammer it flat and screw it to the loft doorway . i understand they cant/wont cross this , so ,a problem solved there then :emoticon-0137-clapping:

Andy poundshop sells copper strip with an adhesive back think its 4m long that should help

and dont ask how much it is lol

Hope you got the job done andy and the problem now sorted.

Ps. I know it's off topic had the gas board out last week doing some work. expletive remove now have app on phones and iPads to control boiler what next :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Hope you got the job done andy and the problem now sorted.

Ps. I know it's off topic had the gas board out last week doing some work. expletive remove now have app on phones and iPads to control boiler what next :emoticon-0136-giggle:

i had a shot at it Billy , it didnt look very neat at all :emoticon-0127-lipssealed: . the more i looked at it the less i liked it . i could also see a major flaw. although it would prevent the slug crossing it , nothing to stop them going up the side of the doorway and in that way ?? :emoticon-0138-thinking:

will look to see what the "copper strip" is like that DWH suggested ?

aye , off topic . how technology has changed eh .central heating (what a laugh) when i was a boy my Mother would place a candle in the middle of the floor during the Winter. my brothers and i would sit around it , and if it was very cold , she would light it :emoticon-0136-giggle:

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...