snfc/snrpc

i would like too put a few ideas and questions up for impartial discussion regarding national racing into scotland,at present we have competed so far in 9 national races without including ipes & saintes if included along with 2 yb nationals this would make 13 races,do you not feel that with so many races they are becoming undervalued?,6 of these races having less than 650 birds competing,this gives a total of over 100 section or region winners into scotland,surely we must think at least for the smaller supported races of joint convoying obviously retaining ones own identity?,between both organisations approx 14000 birds have been sent, surely better use of transportation must be paramount  for the continuation of scottish national racing. :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

transportation is not the issue. the issue is straightforward. one organisation wishes to restrict membership to a select band who are members of the by now legendary scottish homing union. the other organisation is open to any loft situated in scotland who is a member of a recognised ruling authoriity. members of one of the organisation have been suspended, wrongly in the view of most, by the shu and this was one of the main reasons for the snrpc being set up. joint convoying is a non starter until these issues are resolved. one organisation has been to the forefront of most of the advances being made in the sport in scotland, while the other plays a poor copying role. no need for joint convoying. principles do not have a price.

transportation is not the issue. the issue is straightforward. one organisation wishes to restrict membership to a select band who are members of the by now legendary scottish homing union. the other organisation is open to any loft situated in scotland who is a member of a recognised ruling authoriity. members of one of the organisation have been suspended, wrongly in the view of most, by the shu and this was one of the main reasons for the snrpc being set up. joint convoying is a non starter until these issues are resolved. one organisation has been to the forefront of most of the advances being made in the sport in scotland, while the other plays a poor copying role. no need for joint convoying. principles do not have a price.

stop the crap, get together and sort things

johno i asked for an impartial view nothing to do with shu,you are a sensible man so please remove the tinted specs and give your views on the above,i did not mention racing against each other only convoying. :) :) no propaganda please!! :)

Scottish national races are getting shorter, we are fast becoming a nation of sprinters.

I am not knocking back inland nationals, as we have won one with the SNFC but a major overhaul of the race programmes is required.

I would like to see inland nationals scrapped , back to 4 channel races and spread them out a bit more instead of trying to cram them all in over a 3 / 4 week period.

As for the politics.......... shove it

with all due respect to you chris ,i would have thought with you being a younger fancier that maybe you would have went on facts and not on what you want at any cost,wich i think this is.

to start with all you have too do is look at the birdage for inland national compared to channel nationals,that tells anyone with no agenda that a lot more people want inland nationals than channel nationals.

times hav changed chris,we now live in a much faster living society,a throw away society if you will,and most people cant or dont want to be waiting days for pigeons to return.

in the snrpc for example the inland race had 194 members sending 1377 birds,nearly half the membership went to this race,for messac we had 53 members sending 173 birds,about 10 percent of the membrship,that just tells you everything,personally and from talking to other members we are hoping that the commitee of our club do there job and recomend to the members that this race bescrapped and replaced with another inlnd race wich will make financial sense and open this date up for more members to race as i am sure a thick man would agree that if this race was changed to an inland national there would be more than ten percent of the membership competing.

There are a number of excellent points raised here.

Yes it would be good to have a united club concentrating on distance races.

But---the initial split was about basic human values such as respect, and dignity. While these issues remain outstanding then there will never be agreement.  

there seems to a distinct lack of content in your posting redandyellow. it is 2008 and you are old enough to realise that we are responsible for our actions. to deny what has happenned in a vain attempt at achieving what you want will not do. why do you refuse to accept what has happenned and your part in it. until you and others accept this nothing can move forward.

with all due respect to you chris ,i would have thought with you being a younger fancier that maybe you would have went on facts and not on what you want at any cost,wich i think this is.

to start with all you have too do is look at the birdage for inland national compared to channel nationals,that tells anyone with no agenda that a lot more people want inland nationals than channel nationals.

times hav changed chris,we now live in a much faster living society,a throw away society if you will,and most people cant or dont want to be waiting days for pigeons to return.

in the snrpc for example the inland race had 194 members sending 1377 birds,nearly half the membership went to this race,for messac we had 53 members sending 173 birds,about 10 percent of the membrship,that just tells you everything,personally and from talking to other members we are hoping that the commitee of our club do there job and recomend to the members that this race bescrapped and replaced with another inlnd race wich will make financial sense and open this date up for more members to race as i am sure a thick man would agree that if this race was changed to an inland national there would be more than ten percent of the membership competing.

Hmmm, what race do you mean??

there seems to a distinct lack of content in your posting redandyellow. it is 2008 and you are old enough to realise that we are responsible for our actions. to deny what has happenned in a vain attempt at achieving what you want will not do. why do you refuse to accept what has happenned and your part in it. until you and others accept this nothing can move forward.[/quote

johno,you appear to have no reverse gear,their seems an issue with you with regards to acceptance of the situation we find ourselves in ,yes we are all acountable for our actions and i choose my path as did you,the thread was started with very much good intentions as regarding national racing into scotland but you have seen this as some sort of challenge and have taken on a rather destructive attitude :)not too sure of lack of content as the start of the thread i feel is quiet clear! :);)

f

the heading of your thread is snfc/snrpc. i am an interested member of the snrpc. your thread posses questions as to why everyone does not convoy to nationals together. all i have done is point reasons for not transporting together. good intentions are your individual evaluation of what you have written. others possibly do not see them as good imtentions. you make wide sweepimg assumptions based on your own position on the situation. i do not agree with you. maybe others do maybe others do not. i am not attacking nothing i am posting factual information. if the facts are wrong please be so kind as to point out where they fall down.

the heading of your thread is snfc/snrpc. i am an interested member of the snrpc. your thread posses questions as to why everyone does not convoy to nationals together. all i have done is point reasons for not transporting together. good intentions are your individual evaluation of what you have written. others possibly do not see them as good imtentions. you make wide sweepimg assumptions based on your own position on the situation. i do not agree with you. maybe others do maybe others do not. i am not attacking nothing i am posting factual information. if the facts are wrong please be so kind as to point out where they fall down.

think we will need to agree to differ on this one "johno" good luck with your crusade. :)

Scottish national races are getting shorter, we are fast becoming a nation of sprinters.

I am not knocking back inland nationals, as we have won one with the SNFC but a major overhaul of the race programmes is required.

I would like to see inland nationals scrapped , back to 4 channel races and spread them out a bit more instead of trying to cram them all in over a 3 / 4 week period.

As for the politics.......... shove it

it is a long distance club after all 500 plus is long distance

I joined our great sport when the SNFC split, for whatever reasons. And also Fife Federation split for whatever reasons. We now have SNRPC and SNFC at national level, and also Fife Federation and Kingdom racing pigeon club, at federation level. The aim is the same, to race our birds. I feel very saddened at the politics, but cant feel that it is the fancy ourselves that are being destructive to our sport. Surely if all the facts are addressed with the best intention of sport and sorted, surely we could help each other, before we kill our own sport. Theres always going to be differences of opinions, which is normal in any body of sport. I would like to see common sense prevail, and we all get our heads together, sit around a table and strenghten the sport, not destroy it. Only an opinion. For the record i flew my 2 out of 3 years with the snfc, for no other reason, than thats what the majority of members in my club were affiliated to. And i also flew with Fife federation, for the same reason.  

I joined our great sport when the SNFC split, for whatever reasons. And also Fife Federation split for whatever reasons. We now have SNRPC and SNFC at national level, and also Fife Federation and Kingdom racing pigeon club, at federation level. The aim is the same, to race our birds. I feel very saddened at the politics, but cant feel that it is the fancy ourselves that are being destructive to our sport. Surely if all the facts are addressed with the best intention of sport and sorted, surely we could help each other, before we kill our own sport. Theres always going to be differences of opinions, which is normal in any body of sport. I would like to see common sense prevail, and we all get our heads together, sit around a table and strenghten the sport, not destroy it. Only an opinion. For the record i flew my 2 out of 3 years with the snfc, for no other reason, than thats what the majority of members in my club were affiliated to. And i also flew with Fife federation, for the same reason.  

I would guess alex you were never told the right reasons why the clubs and the feds had a dispute and also the the same with the national , once you get that , then you will understand why the split  happened , and for the members who were hassling johno the same applys you were the ones that caused the split no one else you did,nt think it would materilise but you were wrong  , everything does not need to involve the shu the snfc have rules of there own when i was on they applied them and did,nt wait for the shu to be part of it , thats whats wrong to-day these numptys want to run everything you don,t have body onthe c/tee who can take a grip of things and go in the right direction sam ovens was was the man , but he was to good for you , he called a spade a spade half these guys its on just now are not worth the bother ,£ 150,000  was in the bank when the split took place

you have been losing £15 ,000  a year for the last 2  years that i know of and i can,t see much change this year if any , now you want to see the two org get to- gether  , your having a brain storm   ( i say again you were responsible you all turned up because kelly said so )  and thats what its all about other org doing WELL and you can,t except that , you will not get any reply to anything you post from me O.K.

The truth of the matter is that you are hell bent in keeping the 2 Nationals separate.Is this not the case?? You have not got a positive thing to say about the SNFC but havent you noticed that we do not bring down the SNRPC verbally, in any way .Peter, you have your own agenda and everyone knows that. If the SNRPC joined the SNFC could you fly with them.

Back to my original statement,CRAP, grow up and get it sorted.