stopping people joining clubs

you would think you coming into the club would be good for themselves aswell by using you as motovation to try harder to beat you at the same time making themselves better flyers . i wander how the members would feel about themselve reading all the support your getting here pretty sad i would hope . good luck.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It does not matter about dellboy,he does not care really,but if you phone the lotto,you could be dropping everybody in the crap.that`s much worst than stopping dellboy winning a few prizes,you should be banned from racing if you do the dirty on everyone else.

Guest strapper

if the lottery funding says you have to let everybody in otherwise its discrimination...otherwise you wont have funding..... isnt that what they will be eactly doing(discriminating) if they wont give you funding becasue of that?

after all isnt their motto....AWARDS FOR ALL  ?

Exactly, if you are within the radius you should be accepted

i moved to Pittmedden (just outside of Ellon, Aberdeenshire) some years ago and could not gain entry to any clubs in the surrounding area, as i was not in their boundry??. 'no mans land i was told' i eventually gained entry to the Inverurie club,with much thanks to their secretary at the time, Doug Bolton, about 15 miles from my loft, but could only fly for postions within the FED, no club positions

i moved to Pittmedden (just outside of Ellon, Aberdeenshire) some years ago and could not gain entry to any clubs in the surrounding area, as i was not in their boundry??. 'no mans land i was told' i eventually gained entry to the Inverurie club,with much thanks to their secretary at the time, Doug Bolton, about 15 miles from my loft, but could only fly for postions within the FED, no club positions

Robbie that is shocking. There are members in Aberdeen as far north as blackdog, Belhelvie, Newburgh etc and members in the north fed as far south as Hatton. Somebody has to be the the longest flying and some body has to be the shortest flying. That is a shocking situation to be in and both the Feds and the clubs in them need to have a long hard look at themselves. I have been a member of both feds and in my opinion some of the clubs in these organisations could do with all the members they can get.

All the best,

Paul.

It does not matter about dellboy,he does not care really,but if you phone the lotto,you could be dropping everybody in the crap.that`s much worst than stopping dellboy winning a few prizes,you should be banned from racing if you do the dirty on everyone else.

Totally disagree Asha. Apathy is the biggest threat to our game, and the biggest problem in our game. The "i'm alright Jack" attitude you show in your statement regarding Delboy reeks of it. We should all stand together to keep the sport going and allowing people to race. I don't know Delboy on here from Delboy Trotter, but the lad should be allowed in his nearest club unless he is a proven undesirable character or a defaulter. The problem of good fliers not being allowed in to clubs just because they are competative seems to be increasing every year. It doesn't matter about Delboy? I wonder what you would be saying if it was you that was without a club and it was you that was being spoken about in that context. SPORT FOR ALL, NOT JUST THE CHOSEN FEW.

Good luck in your quest for a club Delboy.

Totally disagree Asha. Apathy is the biggest threat to our game, and the biggest problem in our game. The "i'm alright Jack" attitude you show in your statement regarding Delboy reeks of it. We should all stand together to keep the sport going and allowing people to race. I don't know Delboy on here from Delboy Trotter, but the lad should be allowed in his nearest club unless he is a proven undesirable character or a defaulter. The problem of good fliers not being allowed in to clubs just because they are competative seems to be increasing every year. It doesn't matter about Delboy? I wonder what you would be saying if it was you that was without a club and it was you that was being spoken about in that context. SPORT FOR ALL, NOT JUST THE CHOSEN FEW.

Good luck in your quest for a club Delboy.

Here here Davey. If he was a crap flier he would have been accepted with open arms and would probably be club secretary or president by now. It is all about the guy's ability as a flier he is too much of a threat to the club i.e he would win too much.

Paul.

There has to be a genuine reason for not allowing. But the Rules of the land supersede any by local laws. And any and every club, constitution has the right to put into place Rules and proceedures. Now, as time changes, so does the Spirit intended' obviously with regards why the 'Rules was made / adopted.

So, like radious, etc. etc. there are, and must be rules to safe guard each and every club!

As such, ungentlemanly conduct for instance, covers a multitude of sins.

So as long as a 'Club, concern, institution stays withi the framework of the agreed mandate, then it can't be classed as discrimination.

However, all rules and laws are open, subject to examonation, and if found wanting, or unjust, then they must be altered accordingly.

There thn becomes the issue of our governing bodies nad they want, desire, to enforce these things.

robbie i find this strange that you could not get a club you say it was dougie bolton who got you  basketing facilitys at inverurie wrong it was the club who agreed  did you try and get into either of the peterhead clubs as there used to be a guy at ellon who flew with them or did you only apply to inverurie because you where in a great position and a crap position for the peterhead clubs  the mind boggles  cheers alan

robbie i find this strange that you could not get a club you say it was dougie bolton who got you  basketing facilitys at inverurie wrong it was the club who agreed  did you try and get into either of the peterhead clubs as there used to be a guy at ellon who flew with them or did you only apply to inverurie because you where in a great position and a crap position for the peterhead clubs  the mind boggles  cheers alan

I take it by your response that you are/were a member of the Inveruie club at this time??, i didnt say it was Dougie Bolton 'alone' who allowed myself basketing facilities, but with much thanks to him!!!, also i made contact with the PRO at the time a Mr G McBain who intimated to myself that i was unlikely to gain entry to any of the Aberdeen/Peterhead clubs because of my location, to be honest i dont know if i even applied to them or not??, But coming from the central belt to relocate thru my work to the north of Scotland, having No Idea where any of the GREAT POSITIONS lay, your right THE MIND DOES BOGGLE!!!

reading your post again robbie you say you could not get into any of the clubs yet your reply says you can not remember weather you applied to the peterhead clubs strange

then you say with much thanks to Dougie bolton you got basketing facilitys wrong he read your letterout thats what he did the club as a club decided to give you faciltys  thats the facts    have a nice day  cheers Alan

well robbie i find it strange that some one who flys does not relise the nearer the coast the better  also i am sure you did not take the first place you could get when relocateing  yes the mind does boggle

There seems to be a lot of 'strange 'things happening up there?, hope i never become this cynical

Taking discrimination into account, everyone has a right to membership of any club of their choice. But it cannot be made an absolute right because this may interfere with existing members rights: for example the right to choose whether a known troublemaker should be allowed membership.

I have direct experience of such a member from some years back, a very good flyer, who provided desirable high standards of competition remarked upon elesewhere in the thread, but who also made everyone's life pure misery, particulary officials whom he openly berated, bawling & shouting at generally everything & anything, and creating a really bad atmosphere in clubs' premises.

Nobody needs to put up with that kind of behaviour. People in various clubs have since declined that person membership for that very legitimate reason.    

Taking discrimination into account, everyone has a right to membership of any club of their choice. But it cannot be made an absolute right because this may interfere with existing members rights: for example the right to choose whether a known troublemaker should be allowed membership.

I have direct experience of such a member from some years back, a very good flyer, who provided desirable high standards of competition remarked upon elesewhere in the thread, but who also made everyone's life pure misery, particulary officials whom he openly berated, bawling & shouting at generally everything & anything, and creating a really bad atmosphere in clubs' premises.

Nobody needs to put up with that kind of behaviour. People in various clubs have since declined that person membership for that very legitimate reason.    

If what I have heard is true, you might just have hit the nail on the head Bruno lad!!

Very true I.B.

When I first started up on my own, I took a few shillings and went to a few Y/B's sales.

I met a fellow there for the first time. He spoke, and I answered. He asked my name and I told him. 'EH! he squawked down his nose 'if your anything like your dad you will be bloody useless too, strays and crap is all he ever...' and on it went. this all within 3 minutes into meeting this toe rag. Barry - who incidently was the Fed president and whom had he's first birds of my dad, a darn good flyer to boot, litterally grabbed my arms and moved me away.

A few others quickly came to my side for they knew the distination I'd quickly had in store for him! This horrible crap sack, who was about 55 years old, needing sorting big time. I was deciding whether to just gently choke him till he went blue and quietly bash his face a few times on a table. Or just splatter the uncouth ignorant cretin!

Barry and a few mates kept me well away from him.

Seems he had only ever had won two races in 30 odd years eh! That he was in a club with 3 other dozso of like - mind drivel.

Why? Well after he had upset a few in a club, he resigned AND tried to join others. Not one would have him. 4 or more years went by when he and the other three formed their' club. Did any club protest as they well could have? No, as Barry said, as long as we don't have to have him, or them near us, good riddance, let them get on with it.

Now, solemnly speaking, just who wants cretins like that in a club? Answer no one!

hi all  as delboys clubs ie kirky , letter of resigning from the midland fed.has not been read out at the midland fed agm which is on the 16/02/2009 , there are no boudary issues on the agenda ,  if the want to race there birds week in and week out hy not ask for the letter back and the members start back up kirky club theres no law which says they cant ask for the letter back ??????