Lanarkshire Race Controller

I have just heard Jim Hannah has resigned as race controller for the Lanarkshire fed.What a bloody massive loss that is to the fed and most importantly, the pigeons. The man made an error at the weekend by cancelling the race and he knew that but the amount of abuse he has taken for this is unbelievable.People have short memories, as for his 3 years in charge of the race controlling, Lanarkshire have, without question, had the best racing and returns into Scotland. I am not a member of Lanarkshire fed but I have experienced both Midland and Lanarkshire and believe me, you dont know how lucky you were..Jim Hannah will be hard to replace and God help the guy that takes on his job because he will not be allowed one mistake. before he is slated to death. With all the experts, lets see how many queue up to take his post.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just heard Jim Hannah has resigned as race controller for the Lanarkshire fed.What a bloody massive loss that is to the fed and most importantly, the pigeons. The man made an error at the weekend by cancelling the race and he knew that but the amount of abuse he has taken for this is unbelievable.People have short memories, as for his 3 years in charge of the race controlling, Lanarkshire have, without question, had the best racing and returns into Scotland. I am not a member of Lanarkshire fed but I have experienced both Midland and Lanarkshire and believe me, you dont know how lucky you were..Jim Hannah will be hard to replace and God help the guy that takes on his job because he will not be allowed one mistake. before he is slated to death. With all the experts, lets see how many queue up to take his post.

Delboy,

I can sympathise with your statement, but it isn't hard race controlling form 60-100 miles. Far to cautious the man in question as he was with the SNFC.

Guest bigda

dont think there was any need to  rap it, spitting the dummy out doesn't   help himself or the fed, there seem to be more to it than that, as they had ample time to correct there mistakes i  wish Jim all the best,  and for the time and effort he put in,  but the show must go on, regardless, and hope we can get a relief  in,  for the race on Saturday or employ one  from another fed,  till such times the members pick a replacement, the procedure if followed  would have  stop all this, we have  a phone to use as for weather reports £40 -£50 if needed,  photos of lib sights  to aid the controller, if that had all been done there is not a thing anyone could have  said in anger or  in jest  :)

Guest KING BILLY

thare will be only one man to take the post and that must go to second in comand budgie if had phoned him in the first place and worked together as a team then he would not have been in this position by making it a one man band and george147 thare is only one *expletive removed* in lanarkshire fed and your het

Jim has made his desicion and has now rapped it but i dont think he is the only official that should be taking the blame for what happened at the weekend.The pigeons should have been at the racepoint and the decision made then to cancel if need be

As much as I hate to say it  ;) I totally agree with you

another race controller gone and it seemed he was doing a good job a man doing this job can only have so much info like the rest of us i think its a bit easy to say have the birds at the race pint ready to go remember pll have to be paid ie costs of driver and so on maybe even renting of truck petrol and the rest then this race has to replaced nest year and if this was carried out for every race costs would go up in the sky and then extra costs to the members next year a race controller is one of hardest jobs in pigeon racing have even seen it myself the last few weeks were weather reports on axe weather and on other sites have got it wrong remember u wont miss anything or anyone till its gone

ITS A SAD STATE OF AFFAIRS  AND ITS NOT GOOD POSTING UP RIPPING INTO THE CONTROLLER ITS A HARD ENOUGH JOB ALREADY..AND YOU CANT KEEP EVERYONE HAPPY...IT WOULD BE MORE CONSTRUCTIVE FINDING A REPLACEMENT SO NO MORE DISRUPTION HAPPENS....GOOD LUCK LETS HOPE YOU GET BACK ON TRACK SOON...

THIS A BLOODY DISGRACE..... THERE IS NO WAY THAT JIM CAN TAKE ALL THE BLAME FOR LAST SATURDAY... SOME 1 MUST  OVER RULE JIM ON RACE DAY... STAND UP  AND BE COUNTED

IF HE WAS OVER RULED YOU MIGHT HAVE GOT A RACE BUT YOU WOULD BE LOOKING FOR ANOTHER CONTROLER JUST THE SAME......I THINK LACK OF CONVERSATION SOME WHERE :-/ :-/ :-/

what the point of giving someone a job if u are going to overrule him or her makes no sence who ever over rules may as well do the job

The pigeons should have been at the race point and then the controller can do his job ;)

i used to think that too but then a race controller told me he has to worry abouts costs too pay for driver in everything maybe even rent of lorry then membership goes up next year

Well in our fed the race controller does'nt have to worry about costs mate ;)

Delboy,

I can sympathise with your statement, but it isn't hard race controlling form 60-100 miles. Far to cautious the man in question as he was with the SNFC.

Tell that to the Midland fed ;D ;D Seriously, Jim controlled races for 3 years.They were over 200 miles several times

dont think there was any need to  rap it, spitting the dummy out doesn't   help himself or the fed, there seem to be more to it than that, as they had ample time to correct there mistakes i  wish Jim all the best,  and for the time and effort he put in,  but the show must go on, regardless, and hope we can get a relief  in,  for the race on Saturday or employ one  from another fed,  till such times the members pick a replacement, the procedure if followed  would have  stop all this, we have  a phone to use as for weather reports £40 -£50 if needed,  photos of lib sights  to aid the controller, if that had all been done there is not a thing anyone could have  said in anger or  in jest  :)

George Truesdale from the Midland fed ;D That ll feckin sort ye oot  ;D

Guest bigda

George Truesdale from the Midland fed ;D That ll feckin sort ye oot  ;D

you cant mention names like that delboy the problem  lay with  the midlands members where they voted to go racing

and i can remember three week in a row, the midlands went    30 miles  at crawford  and had poor returns,  but the thing about that was you went there first, as the members expected that to be the case   :-/

you cant mention names like that delboy the problem  lay with  the midlands members where they voted to go racing

and i can remember three week in a row the midlands when   30 miles  at crawford  and had poor returns,  but the thing about that was you went there first, as the members expected that to be the case   :-/

how about you bigda controller ?

Guest bigda

no problem there mate  one thing they will be down the road  that night with me  and sit there phone calls made ,photos took,   then cliped to the fed result  on a friday the following week, and  weather report to go with it  at £40 -£50  :):D  

Guest Gareth Rankin
thare will be only one man to take the post and that must go to second in comand budgie if had phoned him in the first place and worked together as a team then he would not have been in this position by making it a one man band and george147 thare is only one *expletive removed* in lanarkshire fed and your het

As you have said Budgie is the assistant race controller and should now step forward / promoted to the new race controller were he will do a great job.

Special thanks should be sent from the fed to Jim Hannah for giving the members of the fed great returns while he was in charge of the pigeons for 3 years, shame the way his decisions have went the last 2 weekends in which one was a very crucial one that could be detrimental to many fanciers for the rest of the season.

sorry jim went but maybe better for  jim in the long run he made a mistake

because is idea of holding for later liberation's people were waiting to jump all over him probably because the could not get to the boozer in time

i would like to see a three man team run the race controller job  but until the end of the season

i would like andy eadie to step forward

good luck whoever gets the job because these numpty's will not give you a chance

can someone answer this will the haulage company wait at the liberation site indeffinatly on instruction from the race controller or have they got to be back for a certain time?????

just so the members know if jim had one hand behind his back

massive,massive loss to the lanarkshire fed,jim over the last few years has spoilt the members of the lanarkshire fed by making it common place to get 99% of the convoy home,remember controlling races with a fed racing to the west of scotland makes this an achievment in its self,jim as controller ticked all the boxes,this weekend being over cautious in many peoples eyes appears to be the catalist with which jim has felt that he must step down from his post,people with jims knowledge and skill in pigeondom do not grow on trees and remember the last guy who never made a mistake was nailed to a piece of wood. :o:(