Jan Arden

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i could learn higg lol but i only tap them if they score at least 18 times any less and they go straight back honest when i was young i had a pair of rings in every pocket incase anyone slipped up lol

thats a new one for me to try walter you will have to stop giving me ideas [folk will start spreading nasty rumors about me] :emoticon-0138-thinking: :emoticon-0138-thinking:

Guest TAMMY_1

i have a photo of my greatgrandad on a romany camp site playing cards with the big irish actor from the quite man cant remember his name it will come to me anyway the actor lost and could not pay the bet so gave my great grandfather a soverin ring as payment the ring can be seen in the photo it was past to my grandfather to my father to me i wore it for 20 years and gave it to my son last year for his 40th birthday nice keepsake and wee story the man was a great actor and went on to play in lots of films with john wayne

Was it Victor McLaglen ? he was Maureen O'Haras brother in the film

Was it Victor McLaglen ? he was Maureen O'Haras brother in the film

yes thats him tam

thats a new one for me to try walter you will have to stop giving me ideas [folk will start spreading nasty rumors about me] :emoticon-0138-thinking: :emoticon-0138-thinking:

sticks and stones joe if you dont ask you dont get lol

thanks for posting alan cracking pigeons and great breeding m8 many of the vangeels bred same as mine velkje doll de lange docter doll and some of the vander wegans very hard to get now m8 ive tried to keep them as pure as i can a fantastic family of birds still winning today and all the dutch and belge distance champions even now days seem to have aarden blood in them somewhere

http://janardenhoues.blogspot.co.uk/2011/04/gold-of-jan-aarden-strain.html

came across this thought it would be of interest to the jan aarden enthusiasts

thanks for putting this up m8 read most of it before but see the eyes of my birds are the same eyes as some of the old aarden champions and there sires and grandsires in the peds im not an eyesign man as i think its just a family trait but have noticed putting together certain types of eyes in the aarden strain breeds winners for me

thanks for putting this up m8 read most of it before but see the eyes of my birds are the same eyes as some of the old aarden champions and there sires and grandsires in the peds im not an eyesign man as i think its just a family trait but have noticed putting together certain types of eyes in the aarden strain breeds winners for me

very true Walter I,m not into eye sign but I have noticed there is a trait to look for in this family's eyes to get the breeders