Snydale Express Lines

philg50

Can anyone on here give some information regarding the Snydale Express lines ,who has them, what have they done ,distance flown etc,any insight would be helpfull thank you!.

maybe work for some but i know of a few guys up this way that has tried them with no success

maybe work for some but i know of a few guys up this way that has tried them with no success

Chris Gordon had an auction at Blackpool. If you can get a copy of the sale list there may be some interesting reading there.

I would be guessing at the breeding but I think they are Pearson and Dransfield Busschaerts X Eric Fox pigeons (I could be wrong there).

I believe Pennine Heights is 50% these lines.

i had them,very close to but i coulnt even get them from a 175 mile channel race,why i dont know i just coulnt get my head round it as they looked the type,also i keep a open loft,hopper feed,single toss etc,i always seem to get my own but not them they were the worst birds ive ever had,i know chris gorden does well with them,fair play to him but i think they would need brought down a generation or two to settle to a new area,also i found them very wild it just seemed to be bred into them but then you will always hear of the odd fancier that does okay with them.

Can anyone on here give some information regarding the Snydale Express lines ,who has them, what have they done ,distance flown etc,any insight would be helpfull thank you!.

Snydale Express grandsire Old 28 was a key pigeon within Chris Gordon and Eric Fox families, this line was introduced into the John Ellis family with great success, all distance pigeons.

Just watched MANY MILES WITH MOTT DVD Long Distance Greats Eric Fox Special number 8 a wee treat.

Snydale Express grandsire Old 28 was a key pigeon within Chris Gordon and Eric Fox families, this line was introduced into the John Ellis family with great success, all distance pigeons.

John Ellis has a bird who is called the FOX COCK. I have seen his pedigree and I bred the parents.

Anyhow Chris Gordon has made his own family from the Eric Fox pigeons crossed with good distance birds but he did use Pearson and Stansfield Busschaerts sorry if miss spelt. He flies about 740 miles.

I have a lot of Chris Gordon birds who look the part but only time will tell if they race well. I have crossed them a lot which I think is the best way because they are so much inbred.

MJB

Chris Gordon had an auction at Blackpool. If you can get a copy of the sale list there may be some interesting reading there.

I would be guessing at the breeding but I think they are Pearson and Dransfield Busschaerts X Eric Fox pigeons (I could be wrong there).

100: right Robert I bought 4 direct never got a single bird to 100 Mls had direct from David fox and had a few winners in the club but nothing from the distance lovely looking birds and will fly all day for fun at the loft but that's where it stoped for me

Snydale Express

On this one Walter you tell me??

i dont know phil dont know the man or where he flew his birds but 600 mile is 600 mile but like i said some areas easier than others imo like many of the dutch and belge birds cant do it here cause its different racing terrain here 700 miles into holland is not 700 miles into scotland think birds that are already winning into your area are better suited to the job if you can get them that is

i dont know phil dont know the man or where he flew his birds but 600 mile is 600 mile but like i said some areas easier than others imo like many of the dutch and belge birds cant do it here cause its different racing terrain here 700 miles into holland is not 700 miles into scotland think birds that are already winning into your area are better suited to the job if you can get them that is

ps not saying not to try them but even as a cross might work thats the thing with pigeons you dont know till you try a lot of the time

On this one Walter you tell me??

Eric Fox of Bakewell raced in the Peak District his performances in National racing through the years were legend, flying in the National Flying Club, four times 1st. Section Pau (683 miles), three times 1st. Section Nantes and 5th,7th,15th. 46th. Open he did not race young birds, bred approx 50 some of which were sold.Jim Emerton rates him legend status. Pau 683mls first year racing tells all.

Eric Fox of Bakewell raced in the Peak District his performances in National racing through the years were legend, flying in the National Flying Club, four times 1st. Section Pau (683 miles), three times 1st. Section Nantes and 5th,7th,15th. 46th. Open he did not race young birds, bred approx 50 some of which were sold.Jim Emerton rates him legend status. Pau 683mls first year racing tells all.

the man has a great record no dout a bout that

Ok thanks for information ,trying to put together distance stock team I have 2 pairs DK cheq from Bob MacDonald Fraserburgh 2 Kenyon Cocks and to cross on with them 2 hens Gust Taveirne &Frans Rigole for 1, and De Rauw Sablon for the other ,so will leave it at that for the moment i think,That will give me 4 pair.

OK let me tell you what Eric Fox did with his birds. trained YBs by car only then raced them as yearlings many not seeing the channel at this point. Then two year old he would send then up to 500 miles only.

What has been missed here is I flew the yearlings to 660 miles into Uttoxeter. They were raced hard but fair. I won the section at Pau in my first attempt in 1991 then continued to race thereafter at this distance with success. I only ever sent 4 or 5 birds to this type of race. The pigeon named Iorwen was a grand dtr of Colin Shimwells pigeon 580 miles on the day NFC Bordeaux which is where the reds come from.

Now to Gordons pigeon 28 he wqas bred at Eric's loft and raced by Chris. You only need to know Chris and the races he won at with the distances too.

Eric was my 'adoptive' grand father who I loved to go and see and ring every week for a chat.

Now the birds which I bred from FB Foxy were all rung with rings I had which had my works collar number within them which was 4279

I take nothing away from Eric he was an awesome flyer. But he, well his son David came and purchased my key birds in 2001 when I sold up. He had my pedigrees which he then sold as his birds or failed to mention they were mine.

here are some of thier pictures which I took back then:=

nd club 500 miles 2nd Fed as a yearling then 1st sec Pau 660 miles as two years old. Jan Aarden crossed with Alfons Bauwens.

Eggbert who was an egg I riased from the lofts of W Goddard of Bradford who sent two to Pau 725 miles timed thm both very high up. Sent two 580 miles timed them both on the night I think both scorred well.

Now one pf my favourite birds FB Foxy bred by Eric Fox raced by me at 660 miles as a yearling then the following year again in a smash race.

Anyone want to know any more please ask.

MJB

Walter I used to know all these off by heart once but time is the killer. The Jan Aarden were all from two birds from the Ponderosa stud. The first was a Van de Wegen who bred many good birds for me and others who had him including the then F & J Alstead. The second was a Van Wanroy which Pondersa gave me because I told them about the other cock who was breeding. The Van Wanroy bred many good birds for me. The 1st sec Pau 660 miles winner etc.

The Fed used to be the Derby Burton South Road Fed not sure how many birds were liberated but in 2001 it had reduced by loads and I can tell you just about 500 birds in the Fed. The NFC Pau race always has lots of birds going over 5,000 then.

I think the Ponderosa were are a great stud.

Hope this helps?

MJB

OK let me tell you what Eric Fox did with his birds. trained YBs by car only then raced them as yearlings many not seeing the channel at this point. Then two year old he would send then up to 500 miles only.

What has been missed here is I flew the yearlings to 660 miles into Uttoxeter. They were raced hard but fair. I won the section at Pau in my first attempt in 1991 then continued to race thereafter at this distance with success. I only ever sent 4 or 5 birds to this type of race. The pigeon named Iorwen was a grand dtr of Colin Shimwells pigeon 580 miles on the day NFC Bordeaux which is where the reds come from.

Now to Gordons pigeon 28 he wqas bred at Eric's loft and raced by Chris. You only need to know Chris and the races he won at with the distances too.

Eric was my 'adoptive' grand father who I loved to go and see and ring every week for a chat.

Now the birds which I bred from FB Foxy were all rung with rings I had which had my works collar number within them which was 4279

I take nothing away from Eric he was an awesome flyer. But he, well his son David came and purchased my key birds in 2001 when I sold up. He had my pedigrees which he then sold as his birds or failed to mention they were mine.

here are some of thier pictures which I took back then:=

nd club 500 miles 2nd Fed as a yearling then 1st sec Pau 660 miles as two years old. Jan Aarden crossed with Alfons Bauwens.

Eggbert who was an egg I riased from the lofts of W Goddard of Bradford who sent two to Pau 725 miles timed thm both very high up. Sent two 580 miles timed them both on the night I think both scorred well.

Now one pf my favourite birds FB Foxy bred by Eric Fox raced by me at 660 miles as a yearling then the following year again in a smash race.

Anyone want to know any more please ask.

MJB