Any Fancy Breeds That You Can Fly?

gurnster75

I keep Chinese nasal tufted tumblers and Starlings. I fly both breeds out. Both breeds bred down from show birds, the Starlings in this country, the Tumblers in Germany. It's great to see other breeds flying instead of the racers!

Lee

it is nice seeing other types of birds fly.for me seeing a racer ending his days flight from belgium through parts of france england and scotland top class and unforgetable :animatedpigeons:

Hi

As some of you know i started with fancy pigeons in 2004 and due to a friend who gifted me late bred racers in 2009 it got me hooked on the racers however i still have show bird and i fly some out however i have a few hens that have never been paired up and they fly out with my birds and they are always with them they are normally in the middle of the pack, i also fly them with the young birds but once they start to range the show birds come back after about 20minutes as i think they no their limits.

I should also add i never intended to race and when gifted the birds i thought they will do to rear my young showbirds, how wrong could i have been haha

What fancy breeds do you have scotty? Plus where are the pics lads, there's breeds here I've never heard of. Did anyone see the first episode of the new mike tyson series, it's on demand on sky at the minute, there was a quick shot of his pigeon set up, it looked pretty good.

What fancy breeds do you have scotty? Plus where are the pics lads, there's breeds here I've never heard of. Did anyone see the first episode of the new mike tyson series, it's on demand on sky at the minute, there was a quick shot of his pigeon set up, it looked pretty good.

I keep Horseman pouter , Gaditano, Lower bavarian croppers and indian fantails only th horseman an gaddies fly out

Thanks for the kind words guys. I kept fancies before racers so I've always had a soft spot for the fancies that can free fly.

Nice pouters Ovy. I like my fancies clean legged, but I can see the appeal of pouters. I've seen videos on YouTube of Doo men competing against each other, it's fascinating.

Lee

pomerainian pouters [spelling]---you float the eggs but have had a go with them but--the feathers on their feet make it very difficult as they break eggs by hooking them out of nest ,trample young birds below 5 days but do feed good after 5 days.

you have to trim off feet to stand a chance of fertile eggs in my experience.

post-7544-13895278131525_thumb.jpg

post-7544-13895278348739_thumb.jpg

Hi, are there any fancy breeds that people breed that can be flown? Also what kind of set ups do people have that breed show quality birds, if you could post pics that would be great. Thanks.

Hi gurnster, I keep some flying breeds that we also show , Irish Flying Tumblers ,and Spanish Theif Pouters marchenero`s and granadino`s , My set up is basic just different style perch for the muffed breed . Here are some of my birds .

Irish Flying Tumblers .

Granadino

Marchenero

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nephilim

Hi.

We keep rollers, nuns and adana dewlaps. We got the dewlaps because they are good feeders and high flyers. Hopefully we'll have a few young flying and diving this year. They'll give the bops a run for their money, I've been told. The short clips on you tube,make them look interesting.