Heavy

Pat, ave cut the feed back, they are taking a guid molt, and still exercising well enough for the time of year. :emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer:

Birds seem to be a bit on the heavy side,what would be the best feeding plan to get the weight off as they do fly out for the winter.

do not fly out for the winter.emoticon-0140-rofl.gifemoticon-0140-rofl.gif

They do or don't ya trumpet. :emoticon-0140-rofl:

I would wait until the moulting period has finished before I worried about their weight or cutting feed back...For me routine is very important during the moult to stop any stress so wouldn't go changing things

His birds are fat before the moult has completed, wonder what they would be like at the end owe it, what way would you suggest he can try before they are far too fat before the end. ;)

i don,t cut the weight back that much as i like them to have a wee bit extra fat through winter.i think it helps them out a bit when we get frezzing cold nights and days .so making it a bit better and easier for them through the winter.omo

My birds are out just now daily, that's why I cut the food back, also, if they are out and fat, that's when the hen sparra gets the best go owe the year, when its cold during the day, they get the full feed at night time.

I handle my birds now and then, and they are not fat, they, well some of them are like a tennis ball. :emoticon-0167-beer::animatedpigeons:

That's what I have done for some time, and have no problems with them having the perfect moult in my eyes.

I would wait until the moulting period has finished before I worried about their weight or cutting feed back...For me routine is very important during the moult to stop any stress so wouldn't go changing things

Excellent

wouldn't worry ,they have plenty of time to get the wieght off escecially when paired up next year it will drop off them,mine fly out during the winter as they do most of there flying then cos they are in one hut and stop laying and driving once the cold weather comes ,give the the bird barley in the mix let them take what they nead till they leave it they know what they nead more than us.