What Race Do You Like Best ?

tiger

mines is over the water just to watch them drop on bowl what a thrill ,

[/

,,there's nothing like timing birds from these races John .but I do like from Newark out , 250 miles to me , it gives me an idea on their well being , if I'm nowhere near winners then something not right .

mines is over the water just to watch them drop on bowl what a thrill ,

[/

,,there's nothing like timing birds from these races John .but I do like from Newark out , 250 miles to me , it gives me an idea on their well being , if I'm nowhere near winners then something not right .

stuart if I was picking a inland race it would be Maidstone, as it has been a lucky race for me the last 5 years

2nd club 2nd fed

1st club 2nd fed

1st club 1st fed

1st club 7th fed

1st club 2nd fed

For me it's the SNFC Gold Cup race.

The interest in the race probably stems from Wee Billy that used to watch the doos wi us on a Saturday, years down the line he still talked about the time he clocked his good blue cock out of Rennes. There's room for every body at the race and as Wee Billy used to say to me and my dad "if yer on the Rennes result, yer flying".

I remember Robert Cormack telling me, that one day when he was in his class at the school he drew a line on an atlas from Linlithgow to Rennes because it was the place he had heard talked about most when he was growing up :emoticon-0136-giggle:

My dad and I never got the chance to fly Rennes, but have flown the SNFC Gold Cup in the seasons 2003,2004,2005,2011,2012 and 2013. From this handful of times we've sent, I've noticed that it's either the biggest thrill or the biggest disappointment of your year in pigeons :emoticon-0136-giggle:

The birdages may be smaller and the racepoint may have changed, but the distance hasn't :emoticon-0157-sun: