Gutted

Guest darren cantrill

Guest darren cantrill

They cigars are gonny be the death of them Darren, better get them onto the dummy cigs in futureemoticon-0140-rofl.gif

haha I know we looked at the sheet had every disease known to pigeons then we clocked corona virus at the bottom of the sheet thought bloodyhell we are racing bats haha then it got a bit scarey as that virus had just came into the country and people were very poorly with it didn't clock it till we had another look at the sheet lol

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is your own post Watty, but it seems you have learned all that is needed to be known about vaccination since posting that in fact you don't or are not sure about it.

IMO Unless you are qualified PERSONALLY on the nature of the break down of Vaccines then you really aught NOT to be giving advice on it. The post above is Suggesting i am using my Vaccine wrongly, however i don't have a problem with PMV in my lofts so on the Evidence i am doing something right.

Ps. it takes 5 yeras to become a doctor, a guy who needs to be told by his patients what's wrong with them!!! To become a Vet takes 7 years and the patients canny talk.emoticon-0138-thinking.gif

john i have neaver said that know all there is to know about vaccintion or vaccine breakdown in fact i know nothing about it all i know is what im told to do on the label and how the maff told us how to do it and thats all ive been trying to pass on m8 my original post on this subject was what happens when you put birds that have just been vaccinated in beside birds that have not and that was purely observation and like every one else on here i have an opinion and i base my opinion on what the people who make the vaccine are saying and passing it on to the guys that dont know and want to know and if i learn anything i like to pass it on so the novice can make up his own mind and not make the same mistakes i have but if i am causing offence to anyone it is not my intention and never has been people are looking for answers on why there birds are getting sickness and ive always given my honest opinion my advice is not for the guys that dont get ybs but is for the guys that do and have tried everything to avoyed it my advice to anyone that does not get it is keep doing what your doing as thats what id be doing john sorry if i upset you m8

• 3 months later...
Guest darren cantrill

hi folks an update I lost my good grizzle hen and my saintes hen alas no matter how hard we tried the virus eventually worked its way all the way through the pen we got a clean bill of health late December and even though we worked tirelessly cleaning and scrubbing blowtorching etc I eventually had to cull nearly half the race team and young birds it was heartbreaking but had to be done my saintes hen would topple over and be lay on the floor all day I couldn't see that happening anymore I have transferred whats left of my race team to my brother in law he races from the same garden hes disabled and between us we have had to pool our teams so to speak I have given him my 3 cocks and 1 hen to go with his 4 cocks and 5 hens he should have a team to work with the 4 hes had from me there all winning pigeons they are going in his name as im a little disheartened with pigeons at the moment just numb but we weaned a few youngsters this week and ones a little feisty so and so keeps attacking my leg and fronting up to me lol he fights me at every possible chance he gets seeking out my attention and its working lol im slowly coming round he even had me laughing today so who knows im still going to help my brother in law but ive only paid up as a non flying member this year a compromise and cooling off period see how I feel when im revving up my brother in laws race birds best wishes for the new season everyone

Most likely the birds that have surived wont suffer the same problems again and should have a super immune system overall any that are still not eating correct and need help will most likely never recover any with bent necks that are able to eat and drink will be grand and are not carriers as many belive and I would have no problem breeding from them at all

Guest darren cantrill

good luck to you darren been through a lot glad you can see the light now m8

hi walter its been a long hard slog and I attempted to save them all but weren't to be if it happened again it would be very different I understand what I need in my armoury now and the biggest issue with the recovery was mould the wet droppings the damp and the horrendous weather id get them right and bang the droppings were terrible again its hardened me up I suffer no dodgy droppings now im weaning my brother in laws youngsters and if they don't have solid droppings they have to go I look at other pigeons with suspicion now strays have a crate they go nowhere near my birds {brother in laws pigeons}ive weaned 5 over out of 12 so far that's how its going to be from now on I have a microscope and use it more than the laptop ive learnt so much from this experience the brother in law was a new starter young birds 2013 he won over 50 club fed and section cards we were both gutted we have most of the top prize winners still here and he now has my motley few to go with his and you older fanciers wont be surprised to here the ones that survived or showed no ill effects are all related and they are the ones im now breeding from and there parents. we spent a lot of money buying new birds in to beat the ones we had well they fell by the wayside and most died or had to be put down I don't clean out twice a day now the birds are on shavings ive creosoted everywhere jeyes and blowtorched and b4 racing I will strip clean and creosote again that will be it till autumn and no dirty needles and I have learnt no matter how clean my pen drinkers hoppers etc if I jab my birds with a dirty needle or share it if 1 has a problem every bird jabbed with same needle will have a problem im a year older and a hell of a lot wiser thanks again walter you are a gentleman