Why Didnt They Make It ?

Reading articles from many moons ago losses are no new thing. Maybe back then the doomen blamed themselves instead of pointing the finger at everyone else???

We have had two bad races and people are trying to switch back over to the west already??? Can we no race a programme and have our say at the agm? We all want good racing but I could almost guarantee there has never been a season that every race has been a great race??

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about this idea from an outsider. You have two transporters. Why not have one go the west route and the other down the east for the young bird season. Members to decide before the first race which route they want to go FOR THE WHOLE YB SEASON. That way you will find out which is best.

maybe in your federation you could only muster 1500 birds at the last race,would that be inland or channel race,my recollection was 50 years ago fanciers had to dispose of old birds because they did not have enough room at the end of the season,members selected what they felt was their best o/birds culled the remainder, they would not sell on birds they would not keep their self,What I do recall was loses started increasing when we moved from rail travel onto trasporter,ther were many theorys as to why but no one was able to say for sure,one thing for sure was the birds rested better by rail,I still believe to many youngsters are being bred from so called stock birds that have not bred anything,and in turn from their offspring that has not won anything,one thing I would look to is the ammount of comunication devices satelite dishes,telephone masts etc.

P/P you say 6000 at the first race 1500 at the final race then you assume there were no birds left in the members lofts,50 years ago members only sent a few of their birds to the final race.

How about this idea from an outsider. You have two transporters. Why not have one go the west route and the other down the east for the young bird season. Members to decide before the first race which route they want to go FOR THE WHOLE YB SEASON. That way you will find out which is best.

i think thats a great idea jade but it might not work in practice room wise as in one full one empty

There not called homing pigeons for nothing there basic instinct is to home whether there fast or slow they should home back in the day if one was missing in came in two or three day later skint where it had knocked a wire now there's thousands going missing every year

every week m8