Midland Fed Appleton

Its not my intention to create controversy however in Denny club which sent approx 150 birds only 12 were clocked on the day. At 11.00 to-day the following returns were noted. 0-4, 0-20, 1-15, 2-30, 4-24, 6-20, 5-15, 11-34, etc, If you believe the route has no bearing then you are entitled to your opinion as I have mine and I have no doubt in my mind with over 50 years experience that the West route is definately the problem especially now we dont have Lanarkshire to take the brunt of liberating before us.

Guest stb-

Its not my intention to create controversy however in Denny club which sent approx 150 birds only 12 were clocked on the day. At 11.00 to-day the following returns were noted. 0-4, 0-20, 1-15, 2-30, 4-24, 6-20, 5-15, 11-34, etc, If you believe the route has no bearing then you are entitled to your opinion as I have mine and I have no doubt in my mind with over 50 years experience that the West route is definately the problem especially now we dont have Lanarkshire to take the brunt of liberating before us.

WOULD YOU NOT GET BETTER RACING WITH THE NOR WEST FED PETER :emoticon-0167-beer: :emoticon-0167-beer:

I fly in greengairs also with midland and retuns in village are terrible i had 8/17 on the day and now have 12/17 but was well behind the winners,

the conditions were very poor until 6 ish when it was very sunny but it only lasted about 3/4 hour ,i got 4 within a minute but they were 45 minutes late expletive remove.

think to lib at 2,30 was a poor call for a 5 hour race and yes i agree that giong down the west route on our own is looking disasterous but i chose to fly in the midland fed and thats the route they fly.

• 6 months later...

Well that's another season well and truly over including the Fed AGM. To recap on the original post "DEVASTATION" would be putting it mildly, The Fed could or should I say would not complete the OB programme due to a lack of birds with Worcester being replaced by Appleby to save money although we finished up with £10,500 in the bank and Airdrie club transferring into Lanarkshire taking with them members from other clubs. YB racing was much the same as usual with massive losses especially when we would not liberate with Lanarkshire although we were at the same race site, "safety in numbers" was not an option. The AGM was to my mind rather tedious as I had proposals in to share transportation which Mr Garven obviously did not want to know about as I had to remind him as he wanted to move on that I wanted to know if he had been contacted regarding same forcing him to inform the members of a telephone conversation he received from a female who he could or would not identify and who disconnected the call. I and others noted that he could not force himself to mention Lanarkshire by name at any time nor was he inclined to discuss the matter further. The race programme was decided at a management committee meeting prior to the AGM which was something no one in our club had any input but the £3,000 loss in income will be offset by increasing birdage by 2p. To say some of us are envious of Airdrie club would be the understatement of the year. Derek if you are within the Midland boundary apply to Denny we need all the support we can get.