Birds

Guest Steves

I've managed to persuade the wife that there's room for some racing pigeons,im 51 years old and shes still the boss. I've almost finished building my loft.

I live in southampton and have approached a local club regarding joining and I would like to get some young birds this year.

Are there any breeders that might have some to sell soon?

I would also like to buy a couple of pairs of older birds as well so if anyone knows of some reasonably local I would be very interested.

Many thanks

Steve

I've managed to persuade the wife that there's room for some racing pigeons,im 51 years old and shes still the boss. I've almost finished building my loft.

I live in southampton and have approached a local club regarding joining and I would like to get some young birds this year.

I would also like to buy a couple of pairs of older birds as well so if anyone knows of some reasonably local I would be very interested.

Many thanks

Steve

Steve, welcome to the site for starters mate, try and get local guys to help you out for starters, then you can take it from there, there is plenty guys around you with pigeons. :animatedpigeons:

Many thanks

Steve

welcome Steve ,very best of luck to you in this great hobby/sport :animatedpigeons:

I've approached vospers club but have to wait for a while to see if I'm in cos there next meeting is late march.

I know a couple of fanciers locally but I dont want to appear as if I'm scrounging birds cos I know they won't take any money, I'd rather pay my way, if that makes sense

I've approached vospers club but have to wait for a while to see if I'm in cos there next meeting is late march.

I know a couple of fanciers locally but I dont want to appear as if I'm scrounging birds cos I know they won't take any money, I'd rather pay my way, if that makes sense

i think any club in this day and age would welcome a new member .i think you should swallow your pride Steve , you can always repay them with freindship . :animatedpigeons:

Hi Steve, I think Bill Evans, on here as "newcomer" is in the Vosper club, although he's not on site often, don't worry about accepting freebies from pigeon fanciers, it's like no other hobby/sport, there are many out there only too willing to help new starters