What Is ?

T_T

The best LAUGH youv'e ever had racing your pigeons.

My own experience as a boy of sixteen, was when we didn't have a club clock and had to run to one and it was a red hot Sat when we had two pigeons come about 1 minute apart. My Uncle who was around 45 at that time and quite a belly on him, set off with the first rubber runnning straight down the road. I set off with the second rubber and just as I was about to pass him, his trousers fell down, the whole street in uproar. Needless to say, we never timed in. Even now when I see it all in my minds eye, my belly aches. The sport may be a little bit too professional for that now.

when I first started back with pigeons I also didnt have a clock so had to run across a large park to another fancier, my first run with my clock in when I arrived I didnt have the thimble with the ring, so went back over the way I came but nothing as I thought I had dropped it, yes I did find it when it was too late, it was lying on the box perch where I had taken it off the bird, this was in the early 60's http://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/crying.gifhttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/crying.gifhttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/crying.gif

Guest paulrstokes

I remember there was a guy in our club who did not have transport so his brother in law always took his clock for him on a saturday.

This week there were two races, Lerwick 527 miles and Pontefract 90 miles. I only sent to the short one

Both up and it was a pretty poor day.

5 to 7 the clubhouse door opened and in walked the brother in law carrying 2 clocks, the clocksetter said you will need to take the Lerwick one back, he will need that tomorrow as there will be nowt down here today.

rubbish he said, he sent 2 got 2, 6.30 and 6.37

You could have lit a fag on the door hinges as everyone raced to get home,

60 seconds later me and the brother in law were alone in an empty room???

Dad used to catch,take the rubber off,put it in a match box then run to the garden gate,give me the box and I would run to the pub window where the clock man and the secretary sat waiting.

Race day,red cock through the loft door out came dad(not quite)and disappeared back into the loft,this if my memory serves me happened at least three times and with a few choice words managed to get to the gate and pass the box to me.

On return to the loft I got the full story his braces had caught on the door latch,which was the next loft alteration. :animatedpigeons: :animatedpigeons:

Dad used to catch,take the rubber off,put it in a match box then run to the garden gate,give me the box and I would run to the pub window where the clock man and the secretary sat waiting.

Race day,red cock through the loft door out came dad(not quite)and disappeared back into the loft,this if my memory serves me happened at least three times and with a few choice words managed to get to the gate and pass the box to me.

On return to the loft I got the full story his braces had caught on the door latch,which was the next loft alteration. :animatedpigeons: :animatedpigeons:

:emoticon-0136-giggle::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl: very good.