Peregrine Took This Bird

Guest stb-

WAS GOING UP TO FEED BIRDS ABOUT AN HOUR AGO AND NOTICED THE LADS BIRDS AT THE FARM 500YDS AWAY OUT FLYING AND THOUGHT I SAW A PEREGRINE FLY ROUND HIS LOFTS , WALKED UP THE GARDEN AND SAW A BATCH OF BIRDS COMMING OVER THE FEILD AND RIGHT BEHIND THEM PERCY FLYING LIKE FEK AFTER THEM , THEY NEVER NOTICED IT TILL IT WAS ON THEM AND IT HIT A RED IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD KNOCKING IT TO THE GROUND AND CARRYING ON AFTER THE REST OF THE BATCH , IT CHASED THEM FOR 20 MINS APPROX TILL THEY ALL HAD SCATTERED AND DISSAPERED , I WENT OVER THE FEILD AND GOT THE RED ONE STONE DEAD HEAD ALMOST RIPPED OF ,

WENT UP TO FARM TO THE FANCIER BUT IT WASNT ONE OF HIS ALTHOUGH HALF HIS YBS ARE AWOL JUST NOW ,

THIS IS THE DEAD BIRD

what are they playing at Rab if they are not bothered on the kill, is it only the case if they catch them in mid air is the only time they going to eat them so this could be the reason we get them back at all if they are not killed out right, there must be far to much for them to eats just now as they are selective.

Guest geordiejen

percy would have saw that one but went for more as the opportunity was too great to just have one.it would have come back for that one.that would have been a chance for you stb to do something about it.

percy would have saw that one but went for more as the opportunity was too great to just have one.it would have come back for that one.that would have been a chance for you stb to do something about it.

it wouldnt come back m8 it hit at least another 3 of the lads birds taking out the wing and the tail , it hit the red one and just carried straighon after more it didnt even take to look to see where the bird had fell it was 500yds awy by time bird hit ground , this one was only striking for fun today just hitting then breaking off letting the birds re group then returning and just flying after them , this wasnt divivng it was out sprinting the pigeons ,

what are they playing at Rab if they are not bothered on the kill, is it only the case if they catch them in mid air is the only time they going to eat them so this could be the reason we get them back at all if they are not killed out right, there must be far to much for them to eats just now as they are selective.

danny it was only striking for fun didnt have no intention of eating like a dug chasing sheep

Edited by stb-

I'm now wondering if this is happening every weekend with our young birds it seems that the perigans arnt just taking one bird as much the same thing was put up by blue lad on his oil rig where he saw a team of around 200 being driven into the sea then picked off one by one this would explain any mass losses like the one reported in the national papers last week where there was over 200 birds lost and only 13 of the convoy made it home these tragedies need to be filmed and reported before wee have no birds to fly.

I'm now wondering if this is happening every weekend with our young birds it seems that the perigans arnt just taking one bird as much the same thing was put up by blue lad on his oil rig where he saw a team of around 200 being driven into the sea then picked off one by one this would explain any mass losses like the one reported in the national papers last week where there was over 200 birds lost and only 13 of the convoy made it home these tragedies need to be filmed and reported before wee have no birds to fly.

hi i lost 57 birds from the loft in a 10 day period 2 weeks back including 27 birds that had 5 races and birds that had scored

they seem to ambush them then withdraw a bit wait for birds to re gropup and try and come back to loft then hammer the sheite out them again , this is not happening high up it at house roof level expletive remove hey and they can outfly a doo on straight flight nae probs , they catch uo on the doo that fast you think the doos flying in slow motion plus there agility is unbeleivable and they heard them about like sheep

hi i lost 57 birds from the loft in a 10 day period 2 weeks back including 27 birds that had 5 races and birds that had scored

they seem to ambush them then withdraw a bit wait for birds to re gropup and try and come back to loft then hammer the sheite out them again , this is not happening high up it at house roof level expletive remove hey and they can outfly a doo on straight flight nae probs , they catch uo on the doo that fast you think the doos flying in slow motion plus there agility is unbeleivable and they heard them about like sheep

Could these attacks possibly be juvenile birds practicing there hunting skills? it seems strange to me that an adult would make a kill, discard it and carry on in persuit of the other pigeons.

its been hammering me for months m8 its not a juvenille its an adult percy cock , i dont let my birds out at all just now , its just hitting and killing anything but not tacking owt away just hit hit hit , have seen it and the hen grabbing the guys doos near me and throwing them to each other in mid air then tossing them away and waiting for others try and return to loft

this went on for 2 hours solid 2 years ago never took now but maimed loads

Could these attacks possibly be juvenile birds practicing there hunting skills? it seems strange to me that an adult would make a kill, discard it and carry on in persuit of the other pigeons.

I think you are dead right, that's what is going on this time of year

I think you are dead right, that's what is going on this time of year

no its an adult not a juvenile and only the cock thats here all the time , i have lived hear for 28 years and have never had a percy near my lofts far less grabbing birds from loft roof and chasing them round the garden , new tactics beware , would get percy bother when they went ranging along hills but never at loft .,At one time untill this year the percys would pass over squeling and the doos would walk around the garden or sit on loft roof and seemed to know they were safe , not now with it chasing them from the loft as soon as it squeals or they see it they take of like mad things racing across feild but it just starts chasing them

This is an eye opener to me,i have witnessed numerous attacks on my birds when training,my mate has had birds taken right in front of his eyes at the loft,but i have never heard of peregrines(adults)having fun with pigeons.It just clarifies to me that these bassas are really going to kill our sport sooner rather than later.

This is an eye opener to me,i have witnessed numerous attacks on my birds when training,my mate has had birds taken right in front of his eyes at the loft,but i have never heard of peregrines(adults)having fun with pigeons.It just clarifies to me that these bassas are really going to kill our sport sooner rather than later.

i have stopped racing as ive not been able to have birds out the last few weeks , i lost 2nd fed 3rd fed 4th fed from loft 2 weeks back with it from 58 only 11 got back to loft that night

inclduing a bird that was first fed ripped to bit , out of the 5 diff days they were attaked i had 16 birds ripped to bits and loads awol , i posted the pics on here few weeks back

a red hen got hit on the friday then again on the tuesday booth wings out , games on its knees now

i have stopped racing as ive not been able to have birds out the last few weeks , i lost 2nd fed 3rd fed 4th fed from loft 2 weeks back with it from 58 only 11 got back to loft that night

inclduing a bird that was first fed ripped to bit , out of the 5 diff days they were attaked i had 16 birds ripped to bits and loads awol , i posted the pics on here few weeks back

a red hen got hit on the friday then again on the tuesday booth wings out , games on its knees now

And here's me thinking we had it bad up here?

And if we all keep breeding big y/b teams of a 100 + they can pick and choose what they like. As the food chain is plentyfull

I heard about this the other night, seemingly the pigeons were just flying into the water to get away from the onslaught of Percy.*expletive removed* devastation, the boys on the rigs watching it couldnt believe it.