Imported Birds Dying

sapper756

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is defra involved whats the chances of racing being stopped outside of wales

Still no mention of what disease we are dealing with, presumably awaiting test results, unlikely to be PMV as we vaccinate for this

Guest bigda

i believe it is the same virus that wiped out 3 one loft races a few years ago 2 being in the UK and one abroad. and there has been case

of healthy birds fall from perches with no ill affect on them.

if its pmv which i douwt,and if you jab for pmv you need to read the small print on the product you use it states this cant cure pmv or prevent it.

SO WHY THE FOOK HAS IT BEEN COMPULSURY SINCE 1983

the pmv vaccine is not 100% jimmy ive seen the damage that pmv can cause its shocking there no way in hell i would take the chance even if it was let up to the fancier to choose to vaccinate or not i would that is for sure jmo

i believe it is the same virus that wiped out 3 one loft races a few years ago 2 being in the UK and one abroad. and there has been case

of healthy birds fall from perches with no ill affect on them.

maybe so id be sure the whu will get to the bottom of it as what exactly it is and correct actions taken ;)

Taken from RPRA website

"RACING SUSPENDED IN WALES FOR THE WEEKEND OF 14 - 15 APRIL 2012

Following an outbreak of an undefined virus within a few lofts in Wales ALL the respective Homing Unions have taken the precautionary measure of suspending Racing for this weekend.

We hope to resume racing shortly once the outcome of the necessary tests have been received and remedial action has been agreed and taken

For more information please contact your local Region or Union officials.

I went to LIER Market in March this year on the Sunday after the Holland Show in our coach,it has moved now down one of the streets by the river,like everyone else we went and had a look at the pigeons there were a lot of old pigeons this year and y/bs for sale, most of the pigeons were 45 euro, after 10 minutes we went for a beer 10am and watched what was going on, there must have been at least 25 UK Coaches parked up, 3 were from South Wales,UK fancers with baskets full of birds we could not believe it and we told them so, the best part was the wives sat out side the pub with the faces looking like a smacked *expletive removed*, who takes the wives on a pigeon trip,they should have seen the film grand slam,

Dont blame the Welsh just look at your own club.

I went to LIER Market in March this year on the Sunday after the Holland Show in our coach,it has moved now down one of the streets by the river,like everyone else we went and had a look at the pigeons there were a lot of old pigeons this year and y/bs for sale, most of the pigeons were 45 euro, after 10 minutes we went for a beer 10am and watched what was going on, there must have been at least 25 UK Coaches parked up, 3 were from South Wales,UK fancers with baskets full of birds we could not believe it and we told them so, the best part was the wives sat out side the pub with the faces looking like a smacked *expletive removed*, who takes the wives on a pigeon trip,they should have seen the film grand slam,

Dont blame the Welsh just look at your own club.

i think despite this "writing on the wall" message by the time next year comes around , those coaches will be back to visit ?? :emoticon-0127-lipssealed: this event will be all but forgotten by next year Stoker . :emoticon-0138-thinking:

Guest tom123

funny you should say that bigda

my belgium ybs were out flying for two weeks before i was going to tenerife for the olr ,

so to help out my daughter who was feeding and watering and so she didnt have to clean out i got a bale of straw and put it down and whist i was away,

she phoned me on my second week to tel me about a problem in the loft ,the first thing i told her to do was too take up the straw ? this straw obviouslly came straight from the farm so your theory may be the right one ,maybe there were rats etc p*ssing over it i dont know ,we should know by tues anyway

tom